Poll ended at July 11th, 2017, 11:02 pm
1. Mushroom Island in Morrowind-Style 70%  70%  [ 7 ]
2. Elven Gathering 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
3. Wild-West Area 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 10
PostPosted: May 6th, 2017, 10:40 pm 
Count

My dear beloved Ladys, Lords, ragtag and bobtail,

after achieving a lot in our latest Community endeavour I plan to start a new one in the near future. This thread has the purpose on gathering suggestions and ideas for a new project.

My aim this time would be to get even more away from the "classic" medieval fantasy topic and move into a little more exotic waters. The Carribbean flair of Freewater was but a first step in this direction.

I hope you guys have a lot of great ideas and are as eager for this as I.

First Idea:
EPIC mushroom island
Make use of the one of the 3 or 4 mushroom islands we have in the Mercurian Empire. My idea would be to use a theme, which you can find on parts of Solstheim in Skyrim or (for the older ones here) in the original Morrowind. It would be something totally different from anything we have done before and a new challenge to increase our horizon lore and building wise.

1. Example

2. Example

It could be the start of a new race (mushroom dwellers) or a settlement for social outcasts for example.

Another bonus, is the fact, that no hostile mobs spawn on these islands. This way we could build without permanent lighting everywhere, to give our builds more atmosphere.

2. Idea
An Elven gathering
As most of you might know, we have a few Elven Races in Hermertia. This could be a place where they all meet up once every 100 years or even more. A place one with nature where you have a lot of tall open buildings which melt together with the surrounding environment.

One idea would be a floating island with a central tree in the middle. One problem here would be that such structures are great on paper but are kinda limited by the 16 chunk render distance. Either we find a nice area where we can put it in an area encircled by mountains, maybe with a lake in the middle. If we don't find a area like that, which we can use or transform for our needs, we might want to think about using World Paint to create such a place. It could be placed in one of the big oceans and thereby not disrupt our usual biomes. A few of us have discussed the use of World Paint on and off for quite some time now and maybe a community project would be a good way to test if this is a thing we would feel comfortable with.

For example something like this:
Click me

There are a lot of great creations out there just waiting to be populated by us.

NOW it's up to you boys and girls. What do you think? Any other ideas or suggestions!

Last edited by Dujek on July 8th, 2017, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 12:18 am 
King

So cool! I really like both of these ideas. I have quite enjoyed being in the same area as most players in the Pirate Bay so I welcome co-builds. Currently both of those ideas are sufficient to warrant some discussions and possible action! I don't have any better ideas at this present time.

The other idea I guess would be a grande jail. I don't think we have too many build so that would be kind of good too.

PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 3:04 pm 
King

Ill be there for either. Mushroom might be quite a cool idea, ill throw my hat in the ring for that choice!

PostPosted: May 29th, 2017, 12:46 am 
Count

Wild West! Find a mesa/savannah/desert and create a wild west cowboy fantasy! Have a few saloons, inns, cattle pastures, bandit camps, native Hermertian settlements, etc. I think we might be able to tie this in with the lore but I'm not 100% sure. It provides quite a bit of variation from the server's normal builds/build styles though.

Some inspiration:

PostPosted: May 29th, 2017, 2:51 am 
King

I agree, this is a fairly easy and interesting style to do for all to get involved with. Might not fit the server aesthetic for the time zone but would be willing to discuss some of the possible ideas

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2017, 10:31 am 
Count

Since we have a few new members on the server, I would like to revive this thread. Summer is in it's full glory and most of us are enjoying the time outside. After one has weathered the stress of sitting on the pool all day or dipping his toe into the pond, most of us have some time and energy left to play our beloved Minecraft.

Right now, we have 3 ideas for our next community project.
I would like to get it on the way in the next 1-2 weeks, if the rest of you guys is d'accord on this.

First, if anyone has other great ideas, please be so kind and present them here. We are open to nearly anything. ^^
Second, next Sunday I will start a small Vote on our next project to keep the illusion that all is Democratic here. :-D

Looking forward your participation. In my opinion our last community project was a great success (Pirate Bay). I'm sure that we can build on that experience and have a lot of fun.

PostPosted: July 4th, 2017, 2:56 am 
King

I'll think of some more ideas!

PostPosted: July 7th, 2017, 11:35 pm 
Count

I like the mushroom island idea for the opportunity to create something similar to morrowind. I also like the western style build in a savannah or mesa.

CASADIA STRONK

PostPosted: July 8th, 2017, 11:04 pm 
Count

Update

You may now vote which project you prefer. Everyone has 1 vote and the poll will end in 3 days.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2017, 11:20 pm 
King

I voted for west :)