All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Two hours
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 9:15 pm 
King

It took me two hours, great friends, to catch up on a week and a half of missed forum activity, and this is NOT counting the application posts.

For those that know me well, every late october is intensive for me, because every year I work to finish a creative project before November 11th. Last year I wrote a novel (about 300 pages, which is actually being reviewed by a publisher believe it or not! Not by my invite... one of my reviewers sent it to a publisher as a 'surprise' for me, and much to my surprise, the publisher is interested in me making a few changes and actually exploring publishing for me).

This year I am making a short (20 page or so) illustrated novella of a retelling of one of my favourite ancient texts. As a result, the rare moments I have free time have not allowed me to play any video games at all, sadly, because I've been working on this project. With that said, I've been away from the forums for a bit. Sorry about that friends. Suffice to say, many of us are still brainstorming on a few things behind the scenes.

I intend to take a break from my project because I am ahead of schedule, so this week will be an MC week for me.

It sounds like some new responsibilities are being devolved to kings. Will this include someone with access to the website FTP files? Siden, you could always set up an automated backup process that goes to a folder outside of their permissions levels, so in case the password gets picked up by someone (like the last time), no damage could be done. I encourage this idea, because I'd love to work with some folks on the library this week.

Tomorrow I will have a warm cup of coffee and go through the most exciting section of all that I missed. The applicants! I look forward to getting to know our new friends.

This is a way of saying congrats to everyone. Only two weeks passed, and it took hours to catch up. That's a sign of a lively and lovely community, a true golden era under the leadership of our wise, noble, and glorious Emperor.

Post subject: Re: Two hours
PostPosted: October 24th, 2016, 3:41 am 
King

Glad to hear you're ok dude !

That's a hell of a surprise and awesome happenstance with that book my son! See you online at some point !