All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A Meeting of Auratavias
PostPosted: January 21st, 2017, 7:38 pm 
Count

I am so glad to see you again, Gunther!

I was on the final leg of my tour of New Isilioth. Though I had already accomplished my meeting with King Tiber, I still had personal matters to attend to.

So tell me, how is Tiberford? I assume now that you've taken control, the entire place is in shambles!

The jests at his expense were normal in my relationship with my brother. The insults were a sign of brotherly love. Indeed, immediately afterwards he responded that it looked that way only because it had taken nearly a decade to fix up the slum I left him after I went gold-digging in Ostlaed.

So, have you heard about the happenings in Ostlaed? I personally think the current direction of things is quite interesting.

I refrained from revealing my real thoughts too much, not that anyone who knew me could figure them out for themselves. Even in the privacy of my own family estate at Castle Auratavia, I could not be sure I was not being watched. Ostlaed has powerful reach, and one wrong word would have what I assumed was merely a servant reporting back to Mark II of my treachery. Paranoid? Sure. Or perhaps not paranoid enough?

Hmm. It is indeed odd that many of the knights native to New Isilioth were dismissed. I thought for sure that our knights were among the best. I guess this means that you'll have to get them back into a proper order.

The conversation wandered away from that topic. Soon my brother and I started talking about our father.

The crazy old goat still lives? I would have thought he had choked himself on the rigging of one of his boats by now.

We both laughed heartily. The talk continued.

It really does take much to take down an Auratavia. Seriously, a dozen live squid? And two lusty Pyrencian wenches at the same time? I know he needed them for the raider, but I hope mother didn't find out! Here, I have a letter for you about I want done for the crazed urchin.

I handed him the letter

Dear brother,

A whiff of Dragon's Breath ought to clear up the old fibers of his course, papery skin. I am certain that all the time at sea has put his health in danger. Of course, I have planned for this. Gather some funds, and send him where he can relax. Only for a short time though: I do not want him to feel rejected. A few nights at most, and definitely somewhere in New Isilioth. He should feel like a new man. This advice should put the crotchety sea hag in the right order.

Your favorite older brother, Kalo.

With that, I departed for Ostlaed.

Student of the Gildscype Scytera (Archers' Guild)