All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Town of Tiberford
PostPosted: November 6th, 2016, 10:53 pm 
Count

Tiberford is a small hamlet of several hundred people in the center of the Kingdom of New Isilioth. Its inhabitants are predominantly ethnic Isilians who worship the Creeperist faith. The town traces its founding back to the Year of the Emperor 523, when Sir Kalo, a knight in the Order of Sanct Creopbaina, recieved a prophetic vision while on a hunting trip with his close friend, King Tiber III. After gathering a band of faithful followers, the knight returned to the site and set to the immediate construction of a castle, which was astonishingly constructed in less than a year. Notable sites in Tiberford include the Castle Kalo, the Church of the Holy Blast, and the Cow Singularity.

Map

---

Letter to King Tiber III about the Founding of Tiberford

Exalted King of Isilioth, Tiber III

I apoligize for my strange behavior at the hunting trip. However, it is now more clear than ever my mission. While I know you have your misgivings about the Creeperist faith, I have been commanded by the Great Creeper to build a castle on the site. Furthermore, I know you have interest in civilizing the region, and establishing an outpost in the area would only further those efforts. I hope you understand the gravity of my call.

Your close friend, Sir Kalo.

---

The Missionary Efforts in New Isilioth: A Collection of Letters from Sir Kalo to Grandmaster Mark Accynnafon of the Order of Sanct Creopbaina

Most illustrious and magnificent Grandmaster,

I, your most humble knight and servant, hereby formally accept your call to evangelize the Isilian realm. I have already assembled a group of merchants, monks, and peasants to join me on this noble pursuit, and have already been granted a charter by King Tiber to a significant and valuable parcel of land in the wilderness of the Isilian Kingdom. From my already completed expeditions, I have observed that the natives are docile and ready to hear the Joy of the Creeper. I now only await your permission to commence the mission.

Your most humble servant and knight, Sir Kalo of New Isilioth.

Year of the Emperor 523

---

Most exuberant and excellent Grandmaster,

My efforts have been met with great success. I cannot give enough thanks to the Great Creeper for its Providence. My band has successfully erected a fortification on an island formed by a bend in the Draconis River. I thank you again for granting us use of the Ostlaed quarries for our castle. The terrain not only naturally defensible but fertile. Our first harvest is approaching, and we expect abundant supplies for the next year. In addition, the natives have been as receptive to the faith as I had expected, though many are still stubborn in there foolhardy beliefs. May the Great Creeper grant us prosperity and watch over us all.

Your most humble servant and agent of the Creeper, Sir Kalo of New Isilioth.

Year of the Emperor 524

---

Most enlightened and festive Grandmaster,

The Great Creeper has been generous to me, but it works in mysterious ways. My blacksmith, one of the first supporters of the cause has recently succomed to illness and joined with the Spirit of the Creeper. His final gift to me is a set of armor named in honor of my family spirit, the panther. I am arranging travels to the Ender Realm to enchant this armor, with the hope that it will be a part of my family for the generations to come. May the Great Creeper watch over me on my perilous journey.

In lighter news, Tiberford has grown nicely since our last acquaintance. Many of the locals have settled around the castle and built farms as they convert. This mission has seen great success, and I hope you can come to see the progress personally. The Great Creeper is ever watching.

Your servant and companion in the Faith, Sir Kalo, Knight of Tiberford.

Year of the Emperor 525

---

Most wonderful and noble Grandmaster,

The Great Creeper truly has truly guided me. I hope you enjoyed the festivities during your visit in celebration of our victory in Casadia. When I think back to the beginning of my mission, I cannot comprehend how it has become as successful as it has. I am no longer a petty knight, but a shepard of a great magnitude of faithful. More and more people flock to the lights of Tiberford. The small chapel in the castle is no longer room enough. In fact, the yard of the castle is barely enough. I wish to build a grand temple to more fully glorify the Great Spirit of the Creeper. Furthermore, King Tiber is impressed with my efforts in developing the region. While he may be distrustful of my faith, he is certainly trustful of my abilities. I have great hope in the future and the Providence of the Great Creeper.

Your defender of the faith and still most humble servant, Sir Kalo, Knight of Tiberford.

Year of the Emperor 526

---

My King Tiber III,

My mission is a success. I cannot thank you enough for allowing me to work in the region. Few men would be as gracious as you. I would like to take this opportunity to give my gratitude. However, the Grandmaster in Ostlaed is calling me to server a greater purpose in his lands. While in the coming years I may not spend much time in Isilioth, remember that I always serve you and Isilioth first.

Your servant and friend, Sir Kalo.

---

Images from the Tiberford Archive
http://imgur.com/a/xkhp5

The history of Tiberford is not complete. The Tiberfordian Archive will update the record as more documents are found and restored

Student of the Gildscype Scytera (Archers' Guild)

Last edited by Cynefrith Arataefia on November 16th, 2016, 12:47 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2016, 3:09 am 
King

This is fantastic progress.

(would you like your name on the forums to be Kalo? yoy login will be Kalo if you want it changed! password will be unchanged)

PostPosted: November 16th, 2016, 1:00 am 
Duke

This is some awesome progress here Kalo. I will ensure that a representative from Wychwood makes their way over soon

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest