All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Red Theft
PostPosted: July 14th, 2015, 6:35 pm 
Duke

Night descended on Ahnuvei, the road connecting the three settlements of Ezrafell. A lone cart marched along. The cloaked rider looked around. The lantern could only light so much, but thankfully the Argven eyes are perfect for seeing in low light. He could just make out the shadows shifting behind the trees. The cloaked man quietly maneuvered his hand over the concealed bow. The shadows crept closer to a tree over the road. The cloaked figure quickly fired an arrow striking the tree where the soon to be attacker lied in wait. Miss. The bandit leapt towards the cart blade in hand. The cloak was thrown towards the attacker. "Knew you'd strike again, if I gave enough incentive!" said Sevrys. "Hear you've been busy along the road for some time. These lands are under my protection, I can't allow you to continue." The bandit freed from the cloak revealing a woman with long dark brown hair and red eyes, "An Argven," he thought to himself, "She's stunning!"
"D'ye really think you can take me down that easily, ye spoiled brat?" she lit dynamite and tossed it towards Sevrys. "Ballocks!" he ducked behind the cart to brace for impact... No explosion. He slowly peered over to see the lit explosive. Nothing. A dud. He did see the woman bandit make off with the horse. "Damnit!" he jumped over the cart and took after her.

Journeying past the road was dangerous. While the path along the road was lit and secure, the lands further away had no such protection. He was simultaneously tracking and avoiding the monsters who roamed freely. After some time he finally found something. Light. According to his studies, no one made it to these parts so any light would be impossible.

His horse was tied up outside a cave. It began to get excited at the sight of Sevrys. Sevrys had to calm his steed down, "Steady, girl! Steady! She's in there, huh?" he said patting her head. He drew his sword and crept in the cave. The fireplace was going and some rabbit meat was roasting over the fire. He slowly scanned the interior. There were crates and barrels all over, most likely the looted items from the attacks. He saw movement from behind the crates and stood at the ready, approaching slowly. She emerged and Sevrys pounced. He pinned her against the rocky wall, the blade to her throat.
"Got you, you thief! I," he suddenly realized the feeling of flesh against his bare arm. He looked her over to see no clothes, no cover.
"Well? Are ye just goin to stand there, or do you plan on using that sword?" She slid her hand from his arm down. With Sevrys distracted, she kicked the blade out of Sevrys hand. The blade spun and impaled itself in the roof of the cave. She picked up a nearby towel.
"What sorta man jus invites 'imself in-tuh a lady's quarters an' just gropes 'er? You dirty, dirty boy!" She said wrapping the towel around her top and waist. "WHAT?! NO! Just what the hell kind of man do you think I am?! I came here to bring a bandit to justice. Do you really think I can just let you keep on the way you've been? Get dressed, you're coming with me!" She laughed, "My, my! Talk like that is enough tuh make a girl blush," Sevrys face went red "An' how do'ye expect tuh bring me anywhere, exactly? Ye blade is is stuck in me cave," she said pointing to the blade trapped in the ceiling above, "and... Ye are out of arrows." Sevrys looked at his quiver. Full set of arrows.
"What are you on about? I have a full quiv..." he was spun around from the force of her pulling the quiver from his back. "HAHAHAHA! Man, yer a gullible one, aintcha?" She kicked him against the wall. He tried to recover, but an arrow pinned him by his shirt against the rock. "DAMNIT! I won't allow you to treat me in such a way!" he said angrily pulling at the arrow. "Now this has tuh be me best haul yet! Not everyday ye get to catch royalty!"
"So you know who I am, yet you continue to treat me this way?"
"Of course, I aint daft! I'll bet there be a fine price for ye safe return. Now," THUD. A loud noise from the mouth of the cave. She turned to see a single zombie slowly creep in. "Ugh, ye left the entrance uncovered?"
"No, it was like that when I got here!"
"Uh-huh." she said, taking aim and letting loose a single arrow. The zombie fell as another climbed over it. Then another, and another. A horde began to crawl its way in. "Oh, shit!" she said. Sevrys continued to pull at the arrow, "Hey, come on! Free me and I can help!" he pleaded. She unbuttoned his tunic and pulled him out, "Tsk, ekilam! So slow!" she fired several arrows in to the horde. The horde grew closer. Sevrys knocked one down and beat it with a stick then leapt off another to the ceiling grabbing the blade.
In one swift motion, he freed the blade and brought it down through a zombie then sliced the head off another before striking another down. One came behind. He turned to strike when an arrow peirced it's eye. "I got it, thief!"
"Yer welcome, yer majesty," she said, sarcastically. He ran towards her, grabbed her, and swung her aside as he struck down a creeper. She stopped the spin firing off another arrow into the horde. They were back to back, striking down zombie after zombie.

The last zombie fell. The two were gasping for breath. They turned to each other. "So... I never... Got your name." somehow she found a way to laugh, "Talilia..." Talilia's cover was falling down slowly. Sevrys caught it and raised it up. She grabbed his hand and pulled it away, along with the towel. The two stood there for some time before they embraced.

The sun just barely rose when Sevrys made it back to Ahnu Rav where a guard spotted him. "Ah, Master Sevrys! Any luck in capturing the bandit last night?" he asked after bowing.
"I'm afraid not."
"Oh, no! Did they manage to steal something else, sir" Sevrys smiled, "I believe so!"

Post subject: Re: Red Theft
PostPosted: July 14th, 2015, 6:51 pm 
King

One can never be too careful on the roads at night. I'm glad you came out of this encounter alive, bandits and hordes of monsters in the darkness are not something I'd like to get involved with!

Sounds like this bandit has your attention though, I have no doubt you'll finish what was started by her malicious attack.

Be safe, Argven.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2015, 11:05 am 
Duke

Oh my.

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: July 15th, 2015, 11:59 am 
Duke

Too true, Sam. Don't worry. I have a felling these attacks have stopped for now. Though, I don't quite yet know what it will cost me...