All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Ash
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2016, 2:45 pm 
Duke

The Ahlt’tre was once the pride of the budding Ahnroa empire. It hasn’t taken root in millennia. But it seemed like Ahnu herself had blessed the earth in Rohavn. It’s roots spread across the city and acted as a beacon for the Argven people. A people once on the edge of extinction and no home finally had a place that was truly for them. So they came from all corners of the world to make a life for themselves in all corners of Ahnroa.

One night, the Ahlt’tre was set ablaze. The fire roared. The tree was covered in flames fairly quickly. The light was greater than the sun. The townspeople tried fighting the blaze but after extinguishing a fire, another burned somewhere else. The fire then spread to the rest of Rohavn. The inn was overcome in a matter of seconds and the surrounding forest was overcome as well. The fire was eventually quelled, but at great cost. The Ahlt’tre was gone. At its trunk stood Talila Kehnsu. She stood over the body of a cloaked man, soot and blood covering her helmet. She moved the hood from his face with the tip of her blade.
“Why?” she demanded. Her voice boomed like thunder and vengeance. The man coughed blood, “Argven scum…” she looked at the symbol beneath his cloak and knew. With one thrust, she ended the pitiful man’s life. The villagers collected in the courtyard and watched as she cleaned the blood from her blade and removed her helmet.

“My grandfather planted the sapling that would become the Ahlt’tre,” she addressed the crowd, “when he first came here. Before this land had a name. It was to be a symbol to the world. Like us, the Ahlt’tre was long since forgotten. But as the sapling grew, so did Rohavn. The tree grew and it called out to the Argven that this land was safe. And you came. This tree did its job,” she lift a sapling from the ground over her head, “This is a sign of our perseverance. After the flames, there is ash. And that means life will always continue”

(lore off)
I’ve been gone for some time. Miss you fuckers.

Life is pretty crazy, dealing with work and a baby is nuts. I won’t be able to play as much as I used to. I don’t know what this does to my status, or if I have to reapply, but I’m kind of sort of back. I was trying to keep up with forum stuff but holy shit... the posts I missed just piled up and it was hard to sort through it all. I said it before, but I will try my damnedest to keep in touch. I need to look over the crests stuff again, but my offer for making crests is always open!

Post subject: Re: The Ash
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2016, 3:30 pm 

Welcome back! I've heard a lot about you, and look forward to getting to know you over time!

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2016, 3:36 pm 
King

It seems as though there is a new tragedy every mercannum, however, when one considers the enormous size of our lands, one can understand that it is unfortunately likely. The will of the Argven people is strong and always has been. The Greater Realm of Valyria mourns your people's loss as if it were our own.

(lore off) It's Sevrys! Super excited to see you again! We have a lot of stuff that's new but we can give you a quick Zeitgeist if you like at some point. You'll have to have a new character name as i'm sure Sevrys is long since passed away by this point. If you would like a name change on the forums it will change your login name as well as a heads up! You can have a crest design competition with Mark of Ostlaed (recent newcomer and already a duke!)

So happy to hear you're back (kinda). You dont have to vote on stuff and can remain politically inactive if you wish, it's a state that any Duke or King can voluntarily enter into. Just let us know!

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2016, 4:05 pm 
Duke

Cool to meet you too, Mark. I like your crest work.

Sam: I'm not sure how many generations have passed, but I'm sure at least two characters have passed at least. I'll stick with the name Sevrys at least on the forums for now, that or The Ash/Ash. Also, holy shit, you're a king now! I've been reading some forums and saw something about Kyn and Scrios being inactive? Is that the reason behind you being king and what does that mean about Valtoros?

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2016, 5:05 pm 
King

Dear old ally,
It comes with a heavy heart I must admit that the lands west of you, as you might have heard, have barbarians occupying them. Unwilling to sacrifice young Minervan blood, the current aging Regent has decided to wait and build allies for a conflict there. Our close friend and your neighbour, Caesar, has been monitoring the barbarian movement. We still seem to occupy the canal, and our cobuilds together, but indeed a campaign needs to be waged to protect this region and bring peace and stability once and for all.

Trouble befell both of our people, but it is through this hardship that we shall temper our bonds and friendship even deeper. Let us work together to bring prosperity back to the region. Minerva is transforming the geopolitical map in the region, with an announcement being made soon. As a neighbour, and therefore key stakeholder, me and my allies will approach you about our project in the region soon.

Lastly, and we shall link you soon, Minerva is opening up its fertile and prime settlement territory called Nova Solomonia. This is near you, which means newcomers could be attracted to our borders.

As for your pace and hours of activity, that is, your rebuild effort and your imperial diplomacy, no worries. It's quite the same for a lot of us. From weddings to new jobs to globe trotting to babies to new schools and more, Hermertians always go through..

wait for it.

ebbs and flows.

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2016, 7:18 pm 
Duke

EBBS AND FLOWS

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2016, 9:02 pm 
Duke

Nice to hear from you. Don't worry, we understand that life gets busy sometimes, and we're happy to fill you in on anything you missed.

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2016, 12:49 am 
King

Yes fortune has smiled upon House Almandine since or forebears resided within the Kingdom of Perth. Since then we've left to unite my true people, the disparate native snow elf tribes, that reside within the central and Northern regions of the empire. It had been a long struggle and not without significant bloodshed and setbacks, but it has finally been accomplished to the point of Realmship.We have much to catch you up on! we can leave you as Sevrys for now!