All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 14th, 2017, 6:10 am 
Settler

For five generations now the people of Killoch have inhabited the northern shores of Lake Tremaine. Nestled in the spruce forests and inland ponds, the people of Killoch are devout adherents of Creeperism and simple farmers and fisherman. The town is home to a handful of people, and is otherwise unnotable except for 2 locations.

First, under the leadership of Awolz III construction of a mighty cathedral began with the fervor of an entire town behind it. Now, nearly 100 years later the great house of worship is nearly complete. The history of the town centers on Awolz and his descendants, each known by a name. Awolz II was Eagnaidh, the wise one, for example.

Second, there was recently discovered an underground grotto whilst quarrying stone for the cathedral. Inside a large tree growing forth from a spring was found, vibrant and alive amidst fallen boulders and rubble. As the collapsed room was cleared gateways and walls of an ancient temple were found. The tree or perhaps some other force seems to send forth life as grass regrew near instantly and water began to flow. This temple belongs to something ancient, perhaps a religion or god long lost. More to come as more is found out.

Killoch is so far off the map that news of events rarely reach the town let alone affect it. The ongoing Perth civil war is a distant conflict to the people of Killoch, but perhaps the war will come knocking...

Lore Off

So I'm finally submitting some lore, or at least a little backstory for my town. I've been here for nearly 2 years of on and off activity so I apologize for never doing anything earlier. I have lots more to come regarding the lineage of Awolz including a post about Awolz I and II which is already part way done. There's also more to come regarding the temple which is part of the long time coming Golem religion. Finally, here's a small album of the town. Older progress screenshots are on my old laptop so for now they're unavailable.

https://imgur.com/a/r772C

PostPosted: October 14th, 2017, 10:05 am 
Duke

[Lore off]

This is wonderful! I had no idea the cathedral was complete! I will visit as soon as I can! I don't want to respond in lore as right now I am torn between being a proud Perthian and a power hungry tyrant so I'm not quite sure how to respond in character.

But great job, look forward to more lore.

PostPosted: October 14th, 2017, 6:51 pm 
King

This looks amazing! Love it. When we are on together next I want to see it in person!

PostPosted: October 14th, 2017, 10:33 pm 
Duke

That looks amazing! I will have to come see it in person!

PostPosted: October 15th, 2017, 4:13 am 
King

Phenomenal work. Your people have worked closely with the Almandines of Perth for generations. This is a long time coming for this great cathedral.

(Love this post! Please do more and a character sheet in the history ministry page!)