All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 13th, 2017, 11:57 am 
Duke

A declaration of War on those who would call themselves Valyrians.

All hear now of the proclamation of King Ainmire Sera-Blodh of Tremaine, second of his name, the King in the South. From this moment forth, the Kingdom of Perth shall bend the knee and proclaim Ainmire II of Tremaine as the one true King of the Realm of Perth. Any who refuse must now announce themselves and consider themselves to be an enemy of his Royal Highness King Ainmire II.

Already blood has been spilled in this cause, in the futile attempt to rebel against His Royal Highness. I call on you all now to repent! His mercy is kind but his fury is mighty. All who oppose his rule will be charged with high treason and be held accountable for their actions.

All hail the rightful King of Perth. All hail King Ainmire II!

Lore off.

Perth is in the beginnings of a civil war. Following the assassination of the last Duke of Carrickshire and an unwarranted attack on the town of Innean, King Scrios IV, alerted to these activities by a raven sent by the acting Viceroy of Tremaine Lord Brandon Carnoustie, valiantly rode to the defence of his people.

King Ainmire II is a vicious fiend who has gathered his father's allies around him, a band of Pyrencians, most of whom were freed from slavery by pirates, and with their help he has perfected his father's work; the conversion of humans into Fallen by use of Pyrencian blood to warp and contort their corpses.

King Ainmire has declared himself the King of Perth, though he too suffers from his father's maladies and so his legs are badly crippled and his mind is somewhat twisted. Many have come to refer to his as the Crippled King. He has used the wealth plundered from the pirates he has aided as well as the Perthian towns he conquered on his way to Tremaine, to purchase the employment of Oestron Mercenaries.

With these armies he now marches north to Dunn to declare war on King Scrios IV's successor and to claim the throne for himself. The Perthian armies will meet his advance at the Palace of Strathceird and there we shall host a Lore War on Saturday 26th August. More details to follow.

All are invited to attend, can I ask if you intend to join us that you announce your allegiances in character to whichever side below.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2017, 9:12 pm 
King

As a proud Valyrian, I stand ready to defy the usurper and restore order to the Great nation of Perth.

War council will be held at Dunn. The Almandine ancestral residence of Strathceard is slightly fortified but it won't withstand a siege if it comes to it.

- Empress Samyrrah.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2017, 11:36 pm 
Duke

To Commander Cylus,

I write to you with dark tidings from Perth. Word has it that a Pyrencian usurper has declared war on the crown. If rumors are to be believed, the king has been slain in combat at Tremaine and the usurper has laid waste to cities and towns throughout Carrickshire. I have heard nothing from my men in Carrickshire and fear the worst.

These are not thee worst of the tales that have reached my ears. Refugees speak of the usurper leading a horde of foul creatures called the Fallen. They say the Fallen yearn for blood and are husks of those the usurper has slain. I do not often give credence to such rumors, but the similarities between tales inclines me to believe them. It is our duty as Slayers to rid the world of such monsters and I beseech you to send reinforcements at once. I have but a dozen men; far too few to defeat this threat. With the king slain, I fear there is little to stop the onslaught of the darkness.

I pray this message reaches you swiftly.

Cormac
Captain of the Slayers of Perth

---

To Delon,

I have included a letter that begs your attention. As I am sure you have heard, a usurper has declared war against the crown of Perth. With the king slain, I fear Perth shall fall into chaos. Worse, it appears that the usurper has used some dark sorcery to assemble an army of foul monsters to aid his cause. Such evil cannot be allowed to persist.

I have gathered a contingent of two hundred Slayers and intend to sail for Perth at once. I beseech you to marshall an army and march to aid the crown. Should the kingdom fall, darkness shall once again gain a foothold in our world. We must not let this happen.

I pray this message reaches you in good health. Give my best wishes to Mother.

Cylus
Commander of the Slayers Guild

---

To the true king of Perth,

I know not to whom this letter shall be delivered, but I pray it finds you well. Word has reached me of your king’s death at the hands of the usurper. The manner with which this rebel has upended a pillar of the Empire is not reviled in Perth alone. I am saddened by your loss and sickened by the actions of your enemy.

They shall not go unpunished.

To that end, I am marshalling an army to march to your aid. I have called four thousand foot and two thousand lancers to arms. Once assembled, they shall sail for Perth by way of the Vulcite Sea under the command of Guardian Akrus. Two hundred Slayers have already departed and shall make trouble for the enemy until we arrive. With your army in the north and ours in the south, we shall crush our foe between us.

Your friend and ally,

Delon
Guardian of Casadia

---

Lore off: I have plans on Saturday, but I’d like to participate with some lore. PM and let me know how I can help.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2017, 3:19 am 
King

Ainmire,

The Kingdom of Perth will not stand for your tyranny and will revenge the death of our great King, Scrios IV. I am the rightful heir to the throne and will not stand for this rebellion against the crown and also the Greater Realm of Valyria. We will show you that our past has not been lost and that we are still a great warrior nation. With our allies we will ensure your tyranny is put to an end. I welcome your attempt to take the crown as it will be swiftly ended.

To our allies,

I encourage you to raise your arms against this tyrant and show that our Empire does not stand for this needles death and destruction. We will meet his forces near or at the City of Dunn and be ready for anything.

Lore Off

If you have never been part of a lore battle it is pretty fun. Basically, choose a side to play on and we meet and fight it out. Any thing lost (if you die) is returned after the battle so don't worry about that.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2017, 8:16 pm 
Duke

Dagnar stood before the table in his tent, a map of Perth rolled out before him. By his side stood his general who moved several piece across the map.

"Ainmire's forces have pulled out from the west, but they reports from the east of Perth show the resistance there is wavering. They will not be able to hold out much longer." Dagnar cursed as he reviewed the new layout of soldiers. Loche Aberdeene lay at the heart of Perth, separating the north and south of the realm. To the south lay Carrickshire and the lands the Crippled King had stolen, but to the north of the loche lay snowy wastes. East of Strathceard there was very little that had been built, and the only road that connect the east and west of the realm ran through Carrickshire. His forces were separated and the eastern half could only rely on themselves and Perth's allies for foreign aid. Even then, Ainmire's alliance with the Oestlead pirates meant little could reach the eastern coast by sea.

"The Cripple King..." Dagnar sneered. "A pathetic and useless fool."

"Yet one who has split your Kingdom in two." Dagnar glared at the Duke across from him.

"He holds control over the east, but it is unchallenged. Our main force meets him here, in the west, and here he is in retreat." the General pointed out. "Queen Samyrrah and her Dawnstar warriors have already secured the Ilminite Coast and removed the last vestiges of the Fallen."

"My Lords!" The cry made them all turn. A runner stopped just inside the tent and bowed, presenting a scroll. The General took it and dismissed him. He presented it to Dagnar who read it swiftly. He swore and passed the scroll back.

"So much for retreat," The Duke commented over the General's shoulder. It was the General's turn to glare at him.

"Fallen in Glas Claddach." Dagnar commented. "More Oestron Pirates at the Ilminite Coast Shipyard. And now they are preying on Valyrian ships between Perth, Valtoros and Dawnstar."

"He is bold to attack the rest of Valyria as well." The General shook his head, "Bold and foolish. The Dawnstar Armada is one of the strongest in the Empire."

"Well he did say he was declaring war on the entire of Valyria." The Duke commented. Dagnar and the General both turned to him.

"If we ask for your council, then you may speak." Dagnar said simply.

"The Crippled King has struck from the north then," The General spat the words out with venom. "He means to divide us, to draw Samyrrah's forces back to Dawnstar and away from himself."

"He means to divide us." Dagnar summarised. "To keep us each so focused on protecting ourselves we forget to hunt him." Dagnar thought for a moment longer. "General, you will take your men north to Glas Claddach and secure the city. From there, I want you in Dawnstar.

"My king, I must..." The General began but Dagnar stopped him with a hand.

"We need to keep Queen Samyrrah focused on the fiend himself. By offering our aid in defending her people she will feel obliged to remain and help destroy him. I have no doubt she would think to return to Dawnstar, but I need you to help me show our support for her in return as she has for us." The General bowed.

"Very well my king."

[lore off]

That was all a very lore based manner of explaining the extension of the hostilities. In the interests of those who cannot attend the battle on Saturday 26 August we have decided the delay the battle. We're thinking of having the battle in late September at the earliest. We have yet to decide on an exact date but we will keep you all updated.