All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 5:58 pm 

King Aven Arjen,

I am Ealdorman Cerdic Accynnafon of the realm Östlond. I recently declared independence from the treasonous realm of Östlaed. I write you to both seek and offer help in this fight against the Anti-Imperialist forces of the East.

I do not have a significant naval force under my power so far. Many secular sailors serve on the boats of Östlaed, and it will take some time for them to form mutinies and return to Gourdham to re-organize. Any assistance you can offer with naval forces will be appreciated. Casadia and Pyrencia have so far provided naval assistance as well.

I also request you voice support for Imperial recognition of my realm in the Imperial Court. I have made my case, and believe it to be strong, just, and in the Empire's interest.

I look forward to working with you over the next few years to heal these wounds in the East.

- Ealdorman Cerdic Accynnafon of Östlond

PostPosted: February 4th, 2017, 4:23 am 
King

From the office of King Aven Arjen V - Roseaire, Ertia

To the good Ealdorman Cerdic Accynnafon,

As soon as my misguided cousin foolishly declared the independence of his false South Ertian realm, I knew the fates of your nation and mine would be intertwined. The alliance that is sure to form between Christopher and Mark will be unlike any other seen in the Empire before. Theirs is an alliance fueled by a nonsensical hostility towards our fellow Imperialists. Unfortunately, this cursed idealism is a powerful driving force. It will take the might of more than just our two nations to defeat what is brewing in the east.

While the royal Ertian navy has largely remained loyal to North Ertia, I must admit that its size is small. I shall only be able to spare a single flotilla to dispatch immediately to Östlond. I must keep a majority behind to sail the Ertian Ocean and protect Roseaire from South Ertian forces. I hope that this is enough to help you keep control of the seas while you wait for your loyal countrymen to return to Gourdham. I shall include a team of some of my best healers with these ships. I think you will find their medicinal skills to be unmatched by any in all the Empire.

We should call a meeting of all allied nations to discuss wartime strategy. You say Casadia and Pyrencia have declared themselves as allies to your cause? Perhaps I shall dispatch letters of my own to the nobles of these lands.

You will be pleased to know that I have called for an immediate vote of the Council to recognize your new realm of Östlond. I have stressed the importance that your nation will play in maintaining control of the Empire's eastern reaches. So far the good King Kyn of Valtoros has voiced his support in addition to mine. I believe King Tiber of Isilioth will voice his support soon as well. I have no doubt that the bill shall pass in the coming weeks.

I look forward to meeting in person soon,

King Aven Arjen V of Ertia

of River's End

PostPosted: February 4th, 2017, 10:08 am 

King Aven Arjen V of Ertia~

I am deeply troubled by the issues in the Eastern part of our Empire. The forces that rise against Imperial peace, prosperity, and welfare are alarming. We must remain steadfast in our dedication to the principles of this great Empire, and the the principles of the people of our realms.

I can confirm reports of an alliance between Östlæd and South Ertia. According to our forces that retreated from Skovgaard, it appears that the Halig Frecan intends to lay the groundwork for an invasion of Caecca as well. Our spies also report that many weapons, supplies, and Haligchnihten were sent to Florae to assist with the South Ertian war effort.

From what little news I can get via sea, I gather that an Imperial coalition is meeting in Secara to hopefully move north at an opportune time. I will need their assistance, as the Halig Frecan outnumbers the Östronweard by almost double at this point. Rumor has it that many would mutiny if a large enough Imperial force, in addition to my full Östronweard were to meet them face to face on the battlefield.

I am thankful for the possibility of receiving medical knowledge from Ertia. Much of the best healers in the Östron realms live in Acholm, and as such, I do not have access to their expertise. I have heard much of the power of the healers of Ertia - I am sure they will more than live up to their fame!

I shall forever be thankful for your support from my claim in the Imperial Court. The Kingdom of Ertia shall forever be a friend and ally of the people of Östlond. I hope some day I can say a close friend and ally of all Östrons.

Your words always give me hope, good King. Our Empire has endured much through its history. This is one of the largest challenges it has ever faced. It is through the friendship of our realms that we can overcome this obstacle!

Yours in Imperial peace,
~Ealdorman Cerdic Accynnafon