All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 6:42 am 
King

Set in Christopher Arjen's Office - Solaria, South Ertia

Christopher Arjen sat in his oaken office, staring down at the piece of parchment laying crumpled on his desk, a blank expression on his face. A proper ruler must never wear his emotions on his sleeve.

To the esteemed Christopher, rightful King of Ertia,

I hope this letter finds you well. I must thank you again for your timely visit to Acholm earlier this year. Your recognition of my right to rule the Ostron people has done much to legitimize my recent decisions. Your cousin, Aven Arjen the pretender, would never have done such a thing. His complete disregard for those who have the power to help in his campaign to secure his motherland is most disturbing. I am glad that our nations have chosen the path of friendship.

Truly the wheels of change are turning in the eastern realms of Hermertia. I feel it is my duty to inform you of an impending decision. The decision to renounce Ostlaed's ties with the Mercurian Empire. For far too long has the Empire reveled in the glories of the past. It is time for Ostlaed to forge its own path in the world. A path unencumbered by the foolish laws of the Empire.

I inform you of this decision before it spreads further through the Empire in the hope that you too may join Ostlaed in renouncing the petty Council and their crumbling attempt at Imperial stability. I foresee a powerful alliance between our great nations. With my help, your cousin can be crushed and all of Ertia returned to her rightful owner.

Yours in sovereignty,

Ealdorman Mark Feldred Accynnafon II

Christopher glanced up from the letter. The Ealdorman had not so much as hinted at this possibility during his visit to Acholm several mercannum ago. He knew Mark to be a man of action, but a complete renouncement of the Empire was extreme even for him!

Christopher sat up from his lapis studded chair and began to pace the room. He had much to ponder. His cousin to the north would no doubt hear about the Ealdorman's decision in a fortnight. Aven's hold on Ertia's kingship was considerably greater than his own. It would be foolish to not acknowledge this. With the recognition of the Wysterian nobles, the Duke of DorEryn, and the Empress herself, Aven's place on the Council was all but assured. Aven would no doubt do all in his power to resist Ostlaed's decision.

With these thoughts in mind, Christopher began to mull over Mark's words. "With my help, your cousin can be crushed and Ertia returned to her rightful owner." The words echoed in his ears, and his lust for power coursed through his veins like ice.

Christopher sat back down at his desk, dipped his quill in ink, and began to pen a letter:

To the nobles of the Mercurian Empire,

I am writing this letter to you to officially announce that South Ertia intends to withdraw its status as a nation in the Mercurian Empire, effective immediately...

of River's End

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 7:03 am 

To the esteemed Christopher, King of South Ertia,

I am encouraged by your brave act of separation from the Mercurian Empire. I will assist you with my vast fleet of powerful naval vessels against your enemies. This letter will accompany one such fleet.

I also look forward to hearing of your plans for our mutual puppet in Caekka. What news comes from that realm?

- Cyning Mark Accynnafon II of Östlaed

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 5:51 pm 
Duke

The realm of Casadia does not recognize this separate entity. These are the lands of Ertia to be ruled by King Aven Arjen, and only he shall have our support and recognition.

PostPosted: February 4th, 2017, 4:39 am 
King

From the office of King Christopher Arjen - Solaria, South Ertia

To Cyning Mark Accynnafon II of Östlaed,

I was delighted to see the grand Östron fleet arrive in Florae this morning. Surely they will turn the tide of war in South Ertia's favor. It is widely known that the Royal Ertian Navy is pitifully small in comparison to most modern nations. I will never understand the pacifistic nature of my uncle, and the weakness he displayed with such an inadequate military.

I have roused men from the many villages littering South Ertia. Surprisingly, we met little resistance in this. It would seem that most of my people were fed up with the constant favoritism shown to the North by previous Kings. Even the men of Port Goldcrest, formerly held by Duke Nicholas, were eager to join my forces! I have ordered my trusted tactician, General Maed to march on Caekka. By the time this letter reaches you, I have no doubt that he will have taken the northern reaches of Caekka with little difficulty. They have been without true leadership for countless mercannum, and will not put up much resistance.

Will your men be joining my forces in Caekka? With the entire realm taken, our nations will have an unbroken land supply route. This will undoubtedly make coordination for future campaigns easier.

-King Christopher Arjen of South Ertia

of River's End

PostPosted: February 4th, 2017, 5:41 am 
Duke

To secede from the Empire is insult enough, but to proceed to invade its territory for nothing but personal gain is a horrendous overstep.

PostPosted: February 4th, 2017, 9:59 am 

King Christopher Arjen~

I am encouraged by the news I have received from you. The great northern Östron navy continues to prevent any Imperial forces from entering the Imperial Sea, and those here do not seem to dare approach our navy elsewhere. It is my intention that we move to bombard the North Ertian shore in the coming weeks with a great many fire charges.

With regard to Caecca, a contingent of the Halig Frecan has taken Skovgaard, and are currently sweeping through the Gelderlond wilderness. After a short battle in Northubeorc, which I am sure we will win, my forces will leave by sea and land in south Caecca. I trust that we can make use of their militia to assist your campaigns against North Ertia!

The Halig Frecan has enjoyed two early successes against the Imperial forces in the south. In addition to our effortless win in Skovgaard, we have taken Wiccaweald farthing.

With this letter, I am sending the terms of a "Treaty of Understanding" to establish the friendship between our two realms against the Mercurian Empire. I look forward to your response.

~ Cyning Mark Accynnafon II