All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 8th, 2015, 7:54 pm 
King

As some may not know given that this occured during our down-time, my Duchy capital of Port Goldcrest was bombed about a month ago. destruction was pretty bad, with multiple buildings reduced to craters and my storehouse with all my resources wiped out. My suspicion fell on the two new serfs who had recently joined me in Laborate: Brawlator, whom I know irl, and Curlytop, a friend of Brawlator whom I'm not acquainted with. I had no evidence to back up these suspicions, but I severely doubted Brawlator would have needlessly destroyed my work. A couple of days later, I received a text from him that included a picture of a chest containing my diamonds and other precious goods; he told me he had found it in his mines (located in his settlement a few thousand blocks from Goldcrest). I concluded that Curlytop had probably stolen them and hidden them in the mines which they collaborated on. As both were removed from the whitelist shortly after, no legal proceedings ever took place.

Picture of my chest:

The other day, I received this series of texts from Brawlator:

It has yet to be determined whether or not a trial will take place. Should we discuss allowing him back to stand trial?

Second point: With this post, I am making a formal request to gain access to a search warrant (an x-ray mod) in order to search Brawlator's mines and recover my belongings. I know this may be controversial, as while x-ray has been used in the past (i.e the search for Tirion's chest) it has been for a server-wide endeavor. If permitted, this would allow either me or someone else if they wanted to make use of a x-ray resource pack for the time it would take to locate the chest.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: June 8th, 2015, 8:05 pm 
King

At least we have closure on the perpetrator of this attack.
If he is willing to come on at a designated time, when we are on, you can message him to tell him that he is whitelisted at that point. We can then jail him (similar to the Tyrion case by setting the jail at the Court venue), and serve the jail time there.

With the advent of the new plugin for griefing, if he were to cause trouble again we would know exactly who it was, if he wished to play after the trial ( If there is to be one).

At least he admitted it. I doubt he of the level of Tyrion, so there's that at least.

Hopefully this makes sense.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2015, 8:15 pm 
Settler

Personally I wouldn't like to see X-ray use be common thing but given the crime seems to be more for anarchy than any remotely lore based disagreement I would be fine with it's use to recover your belongings. That said as a matter of legal principle I think someone else (not connected to the case) should use the X-ray if it is used.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2015, 8:44 pm 
Duke

I have access to x-ray (again) if needed. I would be happy to help get your things back if this goes through. Tell me a time and date and if at all possible I'll help.

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu