All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: August 16th, 2015, 12:34 am 
King

Now that Isaac has returned we need to decide what to do with him. Since he technically abdicated, under the law we could do one of two things, we can either A) Unanimously vote to restore him to King of Isilioth, or B) Make him a duke of an independent duchy.

What I propose we do is thusly
We separate Isilioth. part of the kingdom we give to Celestine as an independent grand duchy under the council that she can rename, and part, including goldshore and his previous builds, we give to Isaac, and he may rebuild this grand duchy up to the standards we expect out of a kingdom and apply to become a king again in the normal process.

Either way, before anything changes this would require unanimous council approval, either for my plan or for another. If we go with mine, we can decide on the borders after we figure out whats going on, or they can suggest something

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: August 16th, 2015, 1:00 am 
King

Everyone must remember that a king is divine no matter how long they have been gone. There is no way that Isaac should have to reapply to become a King. My vote for Varahein's proposed law was rather contingent on this being included, and I will redact my vote if it is not.

It's unfortunate that Celestine did settle in part of his land. I wasn't super excited about this prospect because I predicted Isaac may be back some day and this would then need to be settled. If anything, I believe Isaac should be able to decide what land he would like and then he can gift Celestine with some if he should wish. Varahein's proposed law was not in effect when Celestine moved into Isaac's lands, so we are in a rather lawless situation at the moment, which is why I believe Isaac needs to be allowed any land he wants back.

of River's End

PostPosted: August 16th, 2015, 1:09 am 
Duke

^ he is right, I agree with Arjen

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 16th, 2015, 1:16 am 
King

First point remember that this is the Council of the Crowned page and only the Council should be posting. Similar to the House of Dukes, Kings refrain from posting in there as it is the Dukes realm.

I would agree with Arjen on this point that the new laws would not apply in this case. However, I believe that it would be fair to grant Celestine an area within this realm as she maintained the lands in Isaac's absence as a Warden. Of course we would have to discuss this with Isaac but I would hope this is understood by him as his absence was formally declared.

PostPosted: August 16th, 2015, 1:37 am 
King

That is fair, Scrios. Obviously Celestine and Isaac are some of the most awesome players we've had here in Hermertia, and I think they'll be able to figure out a fair deal. I'm just glad to have our good friend Isaac back :D

of River's End

PostPosted: August 16th, 2015, 1:40 am 
King

I am fine with that as well. I didnt really think about the laws not taking effect after he came back

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: August 16th, 2015, 4:02 pm 
King

Well seems I might be causing some problems, but I'll throw my two cents in. I only think it would be fair to restore me to full Kingship, as demoting me to a duke has no precedent with the laws that were in place when I left. However, I have to intentions on kicking Celestine out of my lands. I am sure that we can make an arrangement to her and my own liking in terms of land granted to her with my return.

Blood of the Ancient Kingdom of Isilioth
Grandmaster of the Drachenfeuer Order.

PostPosted: August 16th, 2015, 5:07 pm 
King

Seems fair to me. In no way will you be asked to be demoted to a Duke.

PostPosted: August 16th, 2015, 6:14 pm 
King

Yep, sounds like a plan Isaac. Definitely not causing problems, by the way. This is actually really beneficial, in my opinion, as it allows us to set the precedent for future situations like this. Having two cooperative citizens working things out is much easier than say having two problematic citizens sometime in the future trying to figure it out.

of River's End

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 10:39 pm 
King

I too am in support of reinstating Isaac. The Crown is always divine and recognized.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next