All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 14th, 2016, 7:37 pm 
King

Gimpy is thinking ahead in the future where he may wish to expand to, not in the short Term. Also do we have precedence for claiming more than one new county at a time? For clarity's sake.

I think that there's reasonable grounds for Gimpy to be questioning it, when reaching north towards Kaine is just one of several directions that Darius Stark can claim land from. There are all of the other areas surrounding Laghima that are farther away from populated areas that could be considered as well.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2016, 7:41 pm 

Samyrrah Almandine wrote:
Gimpy is thinking ahead in the future where he may wish to expand to, not in the short Term. Also do we have precedence for claiming more than one new county at a time? For clarity's sake.

I think that there's reasonable grounds for Gimpy to be questioning it, when reaching north towards Kaine is just one of several directions that Darius Stark can claim land from. There are all of the other areas surrounding Laghima that are farther away from populated areas that could be considered as well.

Plenty of claims have been made that claimed more than one county at a time, especially by Dukes. You yourself have told me that Dukes are allowed to do this, as they've been given a vote of confidence by the community and trusted with a voting say.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2016, 7:45 pm 
Duke

I don't see a problem with the expansion. There is plenty of precedence for claiming more than one county at a time. Pyrencia, Wysteria, Dawnstar, Reinen, and I'm sure there are others, but it happens all the time. Just because the land is divided into three pieces doesn't mean that its more aggressive.

Even with the expansion, Laghima is less than half the size of Kaine and would overall still be one of the smallest Duchies. There is still plenty of room for Kaine to expand as well should they ever need it.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2016, 7:47 pm 
King

Good points there, it passed my mind on those examples.

Also playing devil's advocate here, so it's done properly. We'll let this discuss for another while until we resolve it. Gimpy hopefully can get time to reply more.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2016, 7:49 pm 

Obviously Gimpy has the right to raise issues, but others have the right to disagree.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2016, 1:23 am 
Duke

Gimpy IV wrote:
It just seems like a lot all at once. Especially right next to my planned capital. I'm glad to see you expanding, and what you have said is true about the biomes but I worry about the closeness, I had hoped to have a larger area around my capital and around that sea. I'm not 100% set on the lands you are claiming I'm just stating that we should discuss this first.

How large do you want? As others said before me, those biomes are not 'small'. They are large biomes, as with the rest of the map, and span AT LEAST 5K blocks. If that's not large I don't know what is.

Gimpy IV wrote:
I would love to Mark, but I can't exactly create a map right now. I have many builds and villages, and I didn't state I was expanding right now but rather that I had hoped in the future to expand. Not really sure what you have to do with the land claims but thanks for asking! I should also mention that me and Haedren have in the past worked together on expansion claims before releasing them as to have a diplomatic, fair and agreeable system. We should definitely work on that together Darius! Maybe even alongside Haedren as I know he pretty close by too!

My expansion to the NW was this one time situation, which I established in Lore with reasons at least a week ago. I don't see anneed to work on any expansion plans with Kaine in the near future as I won't be expanding anywhere near Kaine again, probably.

Samyrrah Almandine wrote:

I disagree with the reason that I have to expand in other places that are simply farther away because they exist farther away. I established the lore behind the claim (The thread titled The Vulcite Encounters) and there is a sea that separates most of the claim while mountain biomes, another smaller desert, and a plains biomes or two, all separate the overland routes.

While I understand you feel threatened, there is no need to Gimpy. I don't want to expand near Kaine again in such a dramatic matter and the next claim I submit will be in the South East/general East. Your capital will remain as isolated as it is, but I do have intentions to actually build in all of my claims and I will do so in the coming days.

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: August 15th, 2016, 2:50 am 
Duke

Personally, I have only claimed land that I believed I would immediately put to use as fully as possible. I won't force anyone to follow that as an example, but I believe it is a good basis for making these claims and recommend that Darius follow this lead.

I understand that Gimpy is concerned about the potential closeness of his new capital to the border, but my capital is easily within 5000 blocks of Kaine, and we have managed to avoid border disputes almost completely. If Gimpy wants a larger buffer around his capitol, I would recommend that he put his efforts towards building up his lands and making claims that would provide such a buffer.

I also agree with sharing future plans for expansion between neighbors. It has helped guide the expansion of the GRHH, Casadia, and Kaine alongside one another without incident and, even if conflicts aren't anticipated, it is always better to be sure.

I'm sure that negotiations will yield a compromise that will be sufficiently satisfying to both sides.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2016, 4:07 am 
Duke

I have very little time to reply as my weekend is over but I will keep it short. Never once did I say I felt threatened, I simply said I wanted to discuss it. You definitely deserve it and I think my perspective was a little off because you were claiming an area which doubled your size, I agree it has been done in the past. And yes, it's 5k blocks away, and like chairman said his capital is also very close. I am just looking out for he future that was all. I do not however like the words which seem to say I have unfilled claims. Much of my land has builds within it, some is less full then other builders yes but I do what I can. I think one of my biggest concerns was that in the past when I was away for a chunk of time someone else made large land claims around me. I again only state that I am looking towards the future. I would have loved to have maybe heard a comprise from you Darius like possibly one county at a time, either way you don't seem to want to do that, which isn't unjust, so do with the land as you will.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 15th, 2016, 4:18 am 
King

As always, compromise is the best option here. I would go so far as to say that a truly concerted effort must be made to reach a deal that both parties actually find agreeable.

Even if this expansion proceeds as outlined thus far, we must be careful to avoid any kind of lingering resentment. Let us work together before any land is officially claimed here so as to reach a suitable compromise both parties can agree on.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator