All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: July 27th, 2016, 12:06 am 

We do what Kyn, Scrios, and Myron suggested and reduce it by half or so if they don't respond soonish.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2016, 12:09 am 
Duke

The Kings were given these massive amounts of land so they could give it to the new players on the server. Since neither of these Kings havent been around for over a year, no new players have or ever will get that land that is supposed to be given to them. And they dont lose any of their land. I painstakingly went through both their lands and was sure to allocate all of their builds and then some to the proposed borders drawn. They have everything they had before and plenty of room for new places as well. And if they become very active and start taking on vassals again, they can always claim more land.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2016, 12:13 am 
King

Sure, makes sense. Do we wait until someone asks for it, or do we proactively start halving inactive places?

PostPosted: July 27th, 2016, 12:19 am 
Duke

No one is going to want to try and take the land directly from the Kingdom so i believe we should proactively reduce the land sizes. It seems we are going to attempt to contact either King for about two weeks to attempt to get their input before we proceed without their consent.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2016, 12:20 am 

The Regent wrote:
Sure, makes sense. Do we wait until someone asks for it, or do we proactively start halving inactive places?

These are huge extenuating circumstances. Huge kingdoms, in the center of the map, taking up space. One king with a MC account that was recovered by the original owner, and the other who abdicated, came back on the forums, then disappeared again.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2016, 2:13 am 
King

Sorry, I don't mean to be that guy. But I didn't really say let's reduce it by half. What I suggested was that we wait to see if someone truly wants that land before getting hasty about it. Really, is there much point in jumping the gun to hack up lands that are never settled in? Seems like a bit of unnecessary effort.

This should be done on only very reasonable grounds and when there is a case made by a new applicant to want to settle closer to others. Most of the cases have been to settle within a Kingdom first and stay there, or later separate to do their own thing.

If decided to make this official, I say we reserve it after some debate. Just my opinion.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2016, 2:37 am 

Kyn wrote:
Sorry, I don't mean to be that guy. But I didn't really say let's reduce it by half. What I suggested was that we wait to see if someone truly wants that land before getting hasty about it. Really, is there much point in jumping the gun to hack up lands that are never settled in? Seems like a bit of unnecessary effort.

This should be done on only very reasonable grounds and when there is a case made by a new applicant to want to settle closer to others. Most of the cases have been to settle within a Kingdom first and stay there, or later separate to do their own thing.

If decided to make this official, I say we reserve it after some debate. Just my opinion.

I misheard you, I thought you were cool with what were talking about and what Scrios said might be a good way to perhaps move forward.

I still think that not moving it to unclaimed entirely just discourages people from bothering, especially as new players not familiar with what is going on. How do they know they can ask even?

PostPosted: July 27th, 2016, 3:16 am 
King

Mark Stefan wrote:
Kyn wrote:

I misheard you, I thought you were cool with what were talking about and what Scrios said might be a good way to perhaps move forward.

I still think that not moving it to unclaimed entirely just discourages people from bothering, especially as new players not familiar with what is going on. How do they know they can ask even?

New players are supposed to familiarize themselves with the server before claiming their own land by living under a count, duke, or King. A player intent on sticking around would likely be able to figure this out. I don't believe this is a point others have mentioned yet.

of River's End

PostPosted: July 27th, 2016, 3:20 am 

King Arjen IV wrote:
Mark Stefan wrote:
Kyn wrote:

New players are supposed to familiarize themselves with the server before claiming their own land by living under a count, duke, or King. A player intent on sticking around would likely be able to figure this out. I don't believe this is a point others have mentioned yet.

Yeah, that's a good point and one I agree with 200%.

We would need to at least mark something on the map labeling the potential claimable areas. Perhaps label them as "outer territories" or something like that?

Also, some kind of bill or statement by the Council saying that these areas are open to settlement by independent Counts and Dukes?

PostPosted: July 27th, 2016, 3:24 am 
Duke

Perhaps they can be called "[demonym of Kingdom] Enclave"?

This is a great comprise that allows that Kingdom's to remain 'together' until there is some actual person wanting to settle in those lands.

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next