All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 13th, 2016, 2:35 pm 
King

So, I extend my apologies here. My post was intended only as a brief summation of relevant law and my own oersonal opinions on the matter - hardly representative of communal opinion or with the same weight as those of the rest of the Council. Of course I did not mean to imply that Regent's voice should count less/have greater restrictions placed upon its expression. If I have stepped upon any toes here, than it is I who is sorry.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: July 13th, 2016, 2:41 pm 
King

Aw Nick! This is what makes our Imperial affairs run so smoothly! When there is some brewed complexity, we always find a way to open up honestly and meaningfully. Thanks Gimpy for your thoughts, I agree with your sentiment but to find a middle ground, I will indeed hold off on things like nominations, at least for a mercannum, to prove my commitment to observing things actively before jumping in. But let it be known, the spirit of Greater Minerva's announcement, even if retracted, still stands. :)

PostPosted: July 13th, 2016, 10:35 pm 
Duke

In my opinion, Kings should be timely in voting for or against applications for ascension and should provide some reasoning if they do choose to vote against. This way, realms don't sit in limbo for months, not knowing whether their ascension has been rejected or if the Kings have just not gotten around to visiting them yet. I get the sense that many of us do not like to vote "no" on anything, preferring just to say nothing, but this is a case where such a mentality can cause issues for our community.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2016, 3:27 am 
Duke

I agree chairman, this is part of the issue with The Regent now retracting his statement. He mentioned that the other kings can keep the ball rolling if they wish but I have yet to see a king truly talk to me about this sort of thing let alone in a formal post on the forums. I finished what the kings asked of me (Scrios and Arjen) 2 weeks before I left for camp. I then asked Scrios multiple times online and once or twice on the forums to please visit me before I left because I'd completed what he asked. I got very little response and this is seriously starting to frustrate me. I've been at this for a year guys. Please just send me a pm or something, if you're going to judging others to be kings based on their inactivity or their work ethic maybe take a look at your own activity first (<-- that's not directed at anyone specifically take it as you will.)

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: July 20th, 2016, 3:37 pm 
Duke

So, doing some reading I decided to bring this whole ordeal back up. If someone could point out which of these things I haven't done that would be great.

a) Having established in their realm 2 duchies, comprised of 6 counties, as determined in unison by the Council of the Crowned.

b) Having established safe, secure, and extensive infrastructure as is serviceable for the prospective Kingdom, and as creates a safe and secure connection with the Empire via the Nether, as determined in unison by the Council of the Crowned.

c) Having proven themselves to represent the virtues of Hermertia and an outstanding member of Hermertia in the form of commitment, established personal lore, participation in Imperial lore and events, communal activity and relations, etc, as detailed in "Guidelines for Community Participation in Ascension to King/Queen", as determined in unison by the Council of the Crowned.

d) Having obtained a unanimous (100%) vote of assent from the Council of the Crowned. (Other than this one obviously.)

Oh, and just to put this out there, Kings (other then Regent) the law on inactivity states this:

Involuntary Inactivity - A king may become involuntarily inactive as well. A king may resume activity immediately upon stating they are active again and participating in the discussions again. The conditions for being declared Involuntarily inactive are;

a) Not posting anything for a period of three years

b) Ignoring discussions that require king input in the Diplomatic Court for four years

Seriously guys, someone talk to me. Kyn, Scrios, Arjen, Ignis, I've yet to see any of you post here with something to add. I've been at this process for way too long. I am very frustrated with you guys, a king is supposed to be the most valued members and sure you're on the server lots but it's supposed to be about more than that. All I want is a reply, tell me what to do and I'll do it. Last time I was told all I needed was to finish the blue line and that was done, I told one of the two kings who requested that many times it was done. I was basically ignored. You guys really know how to discourage someone who wants to be apart of the Kings. Yes, it shouldn't be easy, but it shouldn't take more than a year for someone to complete this process when in the past people were made kings overnight. I have worked hard for this server, this community. Even when I am not in the mood to minecraft I'm always in mumble, chatting and connecting with the people who play on the server. I am always there when someone needs me in a pinch. When someone needs something I've spent hours just helping them.

What more do you want?

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: July 20th, 2016, 4:25 pm 
King

I spoke with Kyn, and his response was, "I voted for him already, and that support still stands". This might apply to other original king votes you received too. How many did you receive, out of curiousity?

I think Gimpy is raising a valid legal argument at least worthy of reflection.

PostPosted: July 20th, 2016, 5:14 pm 
King

I also voted for gimpy a while ago, and it still stands. Gimpy, the reason I havent said anything is because I've, for various reason, felt it was best for me to stay out of as many contentious issues as I could, but I'm not going to keep that up.

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: July 20th, 2016, 5:18 pm 

The only vote missing is Scrios, no?

PostPosted: July 20th, 2016, 6:57 pm 
Duke

I had Kyns and Ignis' and yours from before, only Arjen and Scrios' were missing.

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: July 20th, 2016, 6:58 pm 
Duke

And to be clear the message was not pointed at anyone person in particular but rather the council as a whole.

Duke of Kaine