All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: The Siege of Ikwe
PostPosted: April 1st, 2016, 5:24 pm 
King

Greetings allies of the Empire,

My name is Tertium Vivificabit, a name bestowed upon me by the Order of the Owl, a body dedicated to reviving Minerva to its past glory. They escaped persecution from an increasingly insular group of local elite in Ikwe. These scoundrels brought about economic and philosophical weakness to the once great Kingdom, driven by their own desire for self gratification. Unwilling to accept the critiques of the classes dedicated to truth and prosperity, they ran the founders of the Order out of the New World.

The Order returned to the Old World with as many tomes and scripts scripts as possible, eager to return for glory and the Empire. This seems to have coincided with a time where the western half of the New World in general appears to have stagnated which drastically lowered trade and correspondence between the two regions. We have not seen too many diplomats, although small-time traders from Concordia have kept the route clear.

I was born in Mercury Isle, which has undergone a small revival of its own. The streets are as lively as their height. The Order of the Owl set up an institute of learning in Temple Oak, a district I know well. I was a young lad, always eager to push my boundaries. I was born to noble families whose roots trace back to the founding of Mercury Isle, with claims of lineage with the fifth Emperor. Whether this is true or not is no longer relevant, for the family has helped the Old World remain as it was when the great kings migrated east. As such, my family has been associate with an interest in revival.

Th Order recruited me as a young scribe, but my influence helped me quickly grow. I have studied the histories of the Empire and the Kingdom of Minerva. I have a revival of glory in my blood.

I have raised a large fleet and have dispatched a brigade of soldiers. The Order sent a few diplomats prior to this message, and many of you have corresponded with them. But within the week, I have arrived as well now, eager to bring glory to the Empire.‎

Upon my arrival, I was greeted by representatives from both Kaine and that of Aeries Rua. I visited several Minervan lands, and with no surprise, found most of them stable if not quiet.

I thank these two great leaders for giving me their ear. We discussed trouble matters. See, all of Minerva remained peaceful except one region. The Capital of Ikwe has been taken over by the very bandits that pushed the truth-seeking out. Ikwe seems to have been over-run with a local class of nobles and bandits that have refused to interact with Minerva, let alone the Empire as a whole. This insolence is itself a disgrace to the Empire, and as such, I have come with a request of aid. They may conduct themselves disgracefully, through human rights abuses, labour abuses, human trafficking, and more, but we can undo this travesty.

Will thy allies aid my cadre of soldiers in vanquishing the Empire of these bandits? I have requested them to turn the city over to Minervan forces, but of course they refused. I do not yet know the leader of the bandits, but it is clear who ever s/he is, has no interest in diplomacy. I may be young, and I may be naive, but I would like to prove myself in the heat of battles. Stand by my side, allies, as we store and siege this old metropolis, and bring it back under the rule of law.

Are you looking to prove yourself in the heat of battle as well? Are you looking to build a long-standing alliance with this revived Minerva? Are you one to protect the Empire from all threats against the rule of law and peace? If so, join me in battle, and I hope to prove to you my worth as an ally and friend.

Let us lay to waste the enemies of progress. Let us siege Ikwe.

Signed, the King of Greater Minerva, come back to reclaim what is ours. Signed, constitutionally, the Regent of the Empire.

Post subject: Re: The Siege of Ikwe
PostPosted: April 1st, 2016, 5:25 pm 
King

Let's get this great battle planning started. Who tentatively wishes to lore-play as a bandit, versus who feels the urge to represent the Empire and their own land as their own character? What are some basic rules of combat that we should plan out?

Question: anyone who dies in this war dies as a character. This creates an incentive to be a bandit, which will lead to uneven sides. What kind of incentive can we give players to be their own character I wonder?

PostPosted: April 1st, 2016, 5:45 pm 
King

Greater relations, lore-wise, with the newly-returned King of Minerva?

In our Island Battle, I indulged myself as a scourge of the landscape - this time I'm firmly on the side of my old ally. Unlike some of our newer leaders, Nicholas can cast his mind back to when Minerva was just as young as any of the New-World Kingdoms decades ago: he's on board to help the rightful heir reclaim his Kingdom.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: April 1st, 2016, 7:19 pm 
Settler

In the aftermath of the fall of Ikwe a stream of refugees began to flow into the neighbouring Minervan delta region bringing news of the bandits control to the west. In the wake of the power vacuum the industrious Caesar of Yerk seized the opportunity to sell surplus food and resources to the bandits in return for their plundered riches.

This favourable arrangement for the Orcs allowed the populous of the Minervan Delta security and safety from the developing crisis. Now with the return of the rightful King of Minerva they're once again threatened with instability and battle on their doorstep. In the eyes of the Caesar this new political landscape puts the populous of Yerk and its surrounding towns at the mercy of the same international forces that pressured Minerva into collapse years ago.

The current status quo allows Yerk peace and the Caesar is prepared to stand to defend it as we do not want to throw out security into risk.

Thus Caesar will remain neutral if it is not possible to side with the bandits.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2016, 7:50 pm 
Duke

I'll be a bandit/warlord. It has been a while since I last indulged my murder-y side.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2016, 7:52 pm 
Duke

I'm with Arky

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: April 1st, 2016, 7:59 pm 
King

im with reggie, since i was a bandit in the last one

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: April 1st, 2016, 8:12 pm 
Count

I will fight alongside my liege to reclaim Ikwe from the bandits (if I don't die before the battle once again...)

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: April 1st, 2016, 8:18 pm 
Duke

Question: is the battle meant to be 'fair'? I.e. are the odds supposed to be even in terms of likelihood of victory? Given the lore, it would seem that a bandit victory would be unlikely due to the numerical advantage of an Imperial coalition. I figured out would bring it up since this was the source of a little NaCl during the Nomad Island battle.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2016, 8:32 pm 
Duke

Only for Sam ;)

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next