All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Casadia's Ascension
PostPosted: April 28th, 2016, 12:10 am 
Duke

Esteemed members of the Council of the Crowned,

I come before you to seek the ascension of the realm of Casadia to the status of Kingdom. Casadia has long dutifully served the Empire throughout its history; a record that shows that Casadia is ready to serve the Empire in an even greater capacity.

The freehold of Casadia was founded in the 3rd era of the Cycle of the Owl, before even some realms among the ranks of the Council had yet been established. Led by the venerable Pylos, Casadians settled in Kybalia and began work on what would become the grand city of Casad Vokh. Though withdrawn at first, Casadia soon began to engage other realms of the Mercurian Empire in trade and diplomacy. Casadia’s sworn duty to protect civilization from chaos led it to become an integral benefactor of the Slayer’s Guild; a role it maintains to this day. As Casadia prospered, it used its wealth to assist in international projects such as the extension of the Purple Line to the northern realms. When terrorists sought to paralyze the Empire with fear, Casadians worked tirelessly to clear Nether lines and settlements of explosives. In the days prior to the Unraveling, Casadia stood on the cusp of attaining realmhood.

After the Unraveling, Casadia sought to reestablish itself in New Hermertia. Casadian settlers were among the first to make landfall at Coton and soon founded the colony of Duras in the south. Growth was slow but steady in the early days of New Hermertia, with the colony of Voltau founded twenty years after Duras. As more Casadians came to New Hermertia, progress began to accelerate. A new Slayer’s Guild Hall was built, the first of its kind in New Hermertia. The port city of Secara was founded, opening up the Casadian Protectorate to trade with realms across the Empire. In Old Hermertia, the Guardian Aurennis led an Imperial coalition that defeated raiding nomads that threatened trade and the safety of the Empire’s citizens. In recognition of its development and service to the Empire, the realm of Casadia was elevated to the rank of Duchy soon after the battle.

Under Aurennis’ leadership, Casadia began to assert itself as one of the great powers of the Empire. Casadian engineers constructed the Southern Express Nether line that greatly improved access to the bustling southeastern region of the Empire. Casadian laborers toiled in the hot savannah sun to construct Northtown and assisted in the development of Koinia and Sidh Glen as well. Within its own borders, Casadia grew rapidly. Near the end of Aurennis’ time as Guardian, four new towns and villages were established in the eastern wilds of Torvea. Progress did not slow under Arkelai, who oversaw the foundation of the mighty city of Ankylos and the construction of infrastructure on land and in the Nether. During the long decades of the Endermen Crisis, the Slayer’s Guild protected settlements across the Empire and along with Pyrencia led the effort to slay the Ender Dragon. During my tenure as Guardian, I have sought to continue the legacy of my predecessors. I have overseen the founding of two new counties in Kathaera and Risia, as well as the construction of a road between Duras and Anthi Laguna. This is a but a small portion of what I hope to achieve before my time comes to an end.

Casadia has accomplished much since its first settlers arrived on the shores of Kybalia over two centuries ago. What once was a small freehold on the edge of the Empire has blossomed into a mighty realm spanning four duchies in worlds both old and new. I beseech the kings of the Council to visit our lands and see firsthand all that we have accomplished, and should they see fit, name Casadia a kingdom.

Yours humbly,

Haedren

Post subject: Re: Casadia's Ascension
PostPosted: May 8th, 2016, 6:05 pm 
Count

Bump..? How can such a major topic be yet unanswered?

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: May 8th, 2016, 6:31 pm 
King

This is a matter for the Council of the Crowned. The rest of us have no say in whether it goes through. Best of luck with your application. Onwards and upwards!

PostPosted: May 8th, 2016, 6:43 pm 
Count

It is a matter only for the council of the crown to decide which answer to give, but I would bump it again if it remain unanswered.

I think they have the right to give whatever answer they see fit, but also the responsibility to give an answer, or even an acknowledgement of reception?

Either way, good luck with your application Headren.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2016, 6:47 pm 
Duke

They have the responsibility to do what they see fit. Many have talked to him in game or in another thread about this anyway, it's likely they are waiting to visit and maybe give a vote in game before replying in this thread.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: May 8th, 2016, 7:46 pm 
Count

Could be a matter of perspective, I work in a field where, if it isn't on paper, it didn't happen, which works nicely when trying to have a legal process and all.

Anyway, I'm increasingly realizing I don't know what hermertia is really about. Nevermind me

PostPosted: May 8th, 2016, 7:55 pm 
Duke

and that's true, but the thing is nothing yet has happened. I don't think any of the kings have visited, but once they do they will likely make a post.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: May 8th, 2016, 8:19 pm 
Duke

I was hoping the kings would post here to express interest in visiting and get the process going. I have talked with some kings about visiting on Mumble and in game, but I am going to send them PMs about organizing visits get the ball rolling on this.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2016, 8:57 pm 
King

I somewhat disagree with the fact that Kings are inactive. Kyn and I have been on quite a bit lately and so has Vaethra. One way to improve the responses is to do exactly what has been stated, PM us. I know I have a hard time sometimes to read over all the posts, especially if they are large posts. We are all trying to remain active and just because you do not see us in-game or responding all the time on the forums doesn't mean that we are "inactive".

Sorry I take offense to the comment as we have been involved in mostly all of the major events and also to help grow and expand the server, just like the rest.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2016, 8:58 pm 
King

Haedren PM us and I will make sure Kyn reads it over as well. We can then arrange a time and I would be more than happy to come visit and get this process under way.