All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 25th, 2015, 9:30 pm 
Count

I have decided to stay in Teluca's old settlement, which is currently not within any kingdom's borders. I would not object to become a province of any country, provided I retain any certain amount of independence and freedom. That having been said I'm also not asking to join a country, and if I am unable to join a country I wish to become an independent County. I seem to have inherited Teluca's old title as well. I will append a rough map of what I plan to do with the area shortly, and what I have already done.

As far as naming it, I think I will name it Noria, in honor of the first settlement of Channoria in the old world.

PostPosted: August 25th, 2015, 11:07 pm 
King

To the best of my knowledge, there should be no problem with you maintaining an independent holding, given that you have already achieve the noble ran of count through the long service your family has provided to Hermertia over the many years. I am curious about future plans, though; would you plan to continue building additional settlements as part of a potential Duchy of New Channoria, or simply finish the current settlement before moving somewhere else?

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 26th, 2015, 12:43 am 
Count

My plans as of right now are just to finish building up the settlement I live in. If I were to make concrete plans that far out I would get needlessly stressed.

I will probably end up building settlements nearby, then expande Noria to include them, and repeat ad infintum. Or make Noria a large city with biome-themed settlements elsewhere. Glass-making in the deserts, logging in the forests, farms in the plains, mining in the mountains, etc.

PostPosted: August 26th, 2015, 1:21 am 
Count

This is what I have done so far. Descriptions are in the album, in case imgur screws with the order I put them in (and to write in-character).

As for what I plan to do... This is the immediate area I'm in:
Plenty of room for development, lots of trees, a nice river.
Sorted into areas.
Area 1: The main complex, which aside from some furnishings on the top of the building is done.
Area 1.5: This is the area I mentioned I wanted to make into a larger grazing area for the livestock. I'd build a natural bridge, clear and fence off a large section of the forest there, and let them graze.
Area 2: The wooded garden. The grey spot is an unfinished, unroofed netherbrick structure whose purpose I'm unsure of. I may turn it into a sort of city hall/governmental building.
Area 3: The garden/park. This will also remain unchanged.
Area 4: Will be the industrial disctict. The small building is an entrance to the cave spider experience farm, and I plan to build the district around it, with blacksmith shops, mines, brick-making and the like. Since I have the most concrete plan for this area, and the materials to build it, I will be making this next.
Area 5: This will be more wooded land, maybe with a larger pond. As the land develops this could turn into a sort of central park-type area.
Area 6: I may need help, but this will be the Residential complex, with housing (which is where I'll need help. I cannot make good-looking houses.)
Area 7 will be the marketplace, with shops selling goods, services, as well as restaurants, bars, etc.

If necessary, I will expand 6 to the left, bordering the fields for the animals to graze, and 7 right bordering the industrial area, and both down if need be.

PostPosted: August 26th, 2015, 12:29 pm 
King

Ave ally,

Excellent plans,. As for future, you can decide if you wish to move out, and apply in the Imperial Court for a new liege if that eventually becomes the case.

Im curious, how did you get those google map style pictures of your area? Were they saved from a long time ago when we had that map functioning?

PostPosted: August 26th, 2015, 10:12 pm 
Count

Someone posted them in the chat when I was playing, thursday I think?

http://i.imgur.com/7jvi6HH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/94uZM4n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xWjxZEY.png

The map I linked in my post comes from mapwriter, a forge minimap mod. It has the option to save the current map as a picture on your hard drive (as well as markers, an underground mode, teleporting if cheats are enabled)

PostPosted: August 27th, 2015, 4:30 pm 
King

Can you tell me how you got the google map top-down look specifically? Im very interested.

Also I've made a sub-forum for your County so you can post updates in there about its progress etc:

County of Noria's Realm Page