All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 1:57 am 

Imperial Court of the Mercurian Empire,

As you are now aware, the realm of Östlaed has withdrawn from membership in the Mercurian Empire.

Not at all Östrons support the actions of Ealdorman Mark Accynnafon II.

I, Cerdic Accynnafon, second oldest son of the late Ealdorman Mark Accynnafon I, hereby petition the Imperial Court of the Mercurian Empire to recognize my claim of the realm of Östlond - a realm composed of the former Östlaed duchies of Gourdshire, Entshire, and Gelderlond. My capital shall be Gourdham,in Gourdshire.

As the rightful heir to my father’s positions within the Mercurian Empire, I also make claim to his Imperial noble rank of Duke, as well as his position as Justice Minister of the Mercurian Empire.

Thank you for your considerations.

Yours in Imperial peace,
Ealdorman Cerdic Accynnafon of Östlond

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 5:03 am 
Count

An Open Letter to the Council, Mark Accynnafon II, and the People of the Empire

As Eorl of Gelderlond, I hereby swear fealty to Ealdorman Cerdic Accynafon. The people of Gelderlond have a long, vibrant history of trade with the empire, with every port in the land containing gold from our mines. With the withdrawal of Östlaed from the Empire, Mark II hereby revokes all of his legitimacy and authority. In addition, he has committed countless acts in opposition to the Indoles Carta, from the ban of public worship, to the slaughter of the Thane of Wiccaweald. I will not stand for these atrocities; I will not support his ideals; I will not obey tyrants!

I believe there is an apt term from an old, forgotten elven tongue:
"Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis." - Thus always I bring death to tyrants.
But it is not I who has done this, it is yourself Mark. You are only a fraction of the man your brother is, and a fraction of a fraction of your father. What comes from your hubris is on your own head. May the creeper spirits have mercy on you, because the mushroom, the forest, the dragon, and all the other spirits will not.

Hail Cerdic, and long live Östlond!

Student of the Gildscype Scytera (Archers' Guild)

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 2:43 pm 
King

Is there a legal avenue for a secession and indeed restructuring of sovereign territory within the lands?

I will want legal experts on this immediately before anything is said.

A secession of any of the Realms is a dark day for the Empire. Fanaticism is a plague.

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 5:13 pm 

Samyrrah Almandine wrote:
Is there a legal avenue for a secession and indeed restructuring of sovereign territory within the lands?

I will want legal experts on this immediately before anything is said.

A secession of any of the Realms is a dark day for the Empire. Fanaticism is a plague.

Although I was not trained in history and legal scholarship to the same level of my brother, Mark II, my personal collection of manuscripts at the Castle Gourdburg is sizable. I have spent many years reading any book or script I could purchase or have copied from the great collections of Acholm.

Historically, I am only aware of two incidents involving secession of an Imperial realm - the Arcadia Crisis. I have provided my personal manuscripts on this issue: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1671

and the secession of Dawnstar.

The Mercurian Empire has approved secession and border redrawing in the past. This is indeed a unique case, however, it may be interpreted by legal scholars that the recognition of a realm signatory to the Mercurian Imperial Codex will be recognized automatically over the claims of a realm not signatory to the Mercurian Imperial Codex.

However, despite current claims of the Empire on all lands, it does seem like the Empire is currently incapable of totally controlling their own claims. Östlaed and South Ertia have now declared independence, and control their respective territory. Rumor has it that Caekka is under the influence of these Anti-Imperialist forces as well.

My realm, Östlond, is the best hope of the Meruciran Empire for securing peace in the East.

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 7:04 pm 
King

I, King Tiber Elenvar third of my name, hereby vote to recognize Ealdorman Cerdic Accynnafon as Duke of Östlond, a true realm of the Empire. As such, I declare war on Mark II's "realm" of Östlaed. My forces shall be joining the Pyrencian and Casadian forces already mustered to remove the fanatical, delusional murderer from power.

Blood of the Ancient Kingdom of Isilioth
Grandmaster of the Drachenfeuer Order.

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 7:44 pm 
King

King Tiber III wrote:
I, King Tiber Elenvar third of my name, hereby vote to recognize Ealdorman Cerdic Accynnafon as Duke of Östlond, a true realm of the Empire. As such, I declare war on Mark II's "realm" of Östlaed. My forces shall be joining the Pyrencian and Casadian forces already mustered to remove the fanatical, delusional murderer from power.

Tiber, I've created a Council bill to be voted upon here: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1669.

Admittedly, that may not have been the proper place to put it, but I think it would make it an official Council vote?

of River's End