All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 27th, 2017, 11:21 pm 
Duke

To all the nobles of the Empire,

I have no doubt that we have all heard of the events transpiring in Östlaed, yet I have recently learned disturbing information about the actions of Mark II from sources within Östlaed -- who wish to remain anonymous to protect themselves from reprisal. I withheld this information because I wanted to confirm its veracity to the utmost, but now, in the context of new treaties signed between Östlaed and other realms in the Empire, I feel I have waited too long.

Ealdorman Mark II recently passed Döm X, a law that prohibits the open worship or reverence for nature spirits other than the Creeper and states that the Östron government has the prerogative to enforce the Döm with whatever method they see fit. This they have done: the Ealdorman and his personal army of thugs travelled to Wiccaweald under the guise of diplomacy, whereupon the Ealdorman personally carried an extrajudicial exucution of the Thane and ordered the Halig Frecan to hunt down his family and destroy the shrines. He also closed the roads leading to Wiccaweald so none might hear of thus and has threatened to kill any who openly oppose him during the Thanesmoot, including his own brother.

Not only do these actions violate unwritten ethical standards, but they violate the very highest laws of our Empire written in the Indoles Carta:

The blocking of the roads to and from Wiccaweald violates the mobility rights laid out in Section III of the Indoles Carta of Rights, Freedoms, and Duties.

The killing of the Thane and hunting of his family violates the right not to be deprived of life without due process found in Section IV.

Döm X and the use of intimidation and violence against the Ealdorman's political opponents violate the right to freedoms of belief and expression protected by the Section I and the right not to be discriminated against on the basis of creed set out in Section VI.

The actions of Mark II show an utter contempt for the guiding principles of our Empire. The GRHH contains people of all races and creeds, many of whom show the exact reverence for spirits that Mark II would seek to erase. As a result, we have no choice but to denounce the actions of the Östron government and especially its leader. We ask all those who value the spirit of the Empire to stand against these injustices. We were idle when the Vulcites were massacred, we were idle when Ikwe was burned, and we have been idle while a fanatic spreads violence and fear in Östlaed. We must not repeat the mistakes of the past, we must take action.

The nature of this action must be carefully considered. If we are to counter violence, we cannot take military action against Östlaed. Instead, economic sanctions are the best option. The recent buyout of Östrade by Mark II provides a direct way of targeting the finances of House Accynnafon by freezing Östrade's assets and impounding its ships. As this letter travels to the Imperial Court, the GRHH is already putting these measures in effect. We ask that that all realms who agree with us do the same until the following demands are met:

1. The Thanesmoot is reinstated in full, as it provided an official forum for people of all political persuasions to have a voice.

2. Ealdorman Mark Accynnafon II ceases his campaign of intimidation and violence against his political opponents.

3. Döm X is repealed and those adversely affected by it be compensated, restoring freedom of belief to Östlaed.

I hope this letter moves us to action, as this world is what we make it to be.

Your humble friend,

Ulrick Gunnarson

Chairman of the GRHH Co.

PostPosted: January 27th, 2017, 11:29 pm 

Report from the Östur, sent by a friendly whistleblower:

I was there when the Ealdorman heard about the letter the Chairman of the GRHH wrote. He laughed! Some excerpts from that evening:

"Ha! State religions have long been a thing among other realms. That argument is hilarious!"

"This is just too rich! Many Kings of the Empire have executed other nobles for speaking out against them! Just too rich. The hypocrisy is amazing!"

"Mobility laws? These don't apply here. The Chairman must be pro-Imperialist! This is my realm!"

"Freezing my assets? I might be worried if a realm that I have major trade with suggested this. This is hilarious! I'll just blow his tiny navy out of the water! No navy in the Imperial Sea matches ours."

PostPosted: January 29th, 2017, 4:59 am 
Count

While the actions of Mark II have caused great distress in the community, keep in mind the Ostrons who have had no part in this. Imperial trade is the lifeblood of Northubeorc. Without it, I am afraid that my people will starve.

Student of the Gildscype Scytera (Archers' Guild)

PostPosted: January 29th, 2017, 5:54 am 

Kalo Auratavia wrote:
While the actions of Mark II have caused great distress in the community, keep in mind the Ostrons who have had no part in this. Imperial trade is the lifeblood of Northubeorc. Without it, I am afraid that my people will starve.

Worry not, faithful, loyal Eorl Kalo. Acholm produces enough food to feed the entire eastern Empire. The lack of trade of the puny GRHH and Kaine will not starve the stalwart families of Gelderlond.

PostPosted: January 29th, 2017, 6:13 am 
King

===================================
Correspondence from The Imperial Court

Renewed intelligence from multiple corroborated sources have confirmed what Chairman has stated.
There are civil and public atrocities being hidden in Östlaed.
You are to cease these actions and explain yourself before a judiciary hearing immediately.
Failure to do so will result in further Council backed sanctions and restrictions on foreign trade and Östron vessels, merchants and imports until your values return once more to those our Empire has held dear and proudly displayed for hundreds of years.

For Glory.

Office of Imperial Affairs

PostPosted: January 29th, 2017, 6:30 am 

Samyrrah Almandine wrote:
===================================
Correspondence from The Imperial Court

Renewed intelligence from multiple corroborated sources have confirmed what Chairman has stated.
There are civil and public atrocities being hidden in Östlaed.
You are to cease these actions and explain yourself before a judiciary hearing immediately.
Failure to do so will result in further Council backed sanctions and restrictions on foreign trade and Östron vessels, merchants and imports until your values return once more to those our Empire has held dear and proudly displayed for hundreds of years.

For Glory.

Office of Imperial Affairs

Official Correspondence from the Ealdorman of Östlaed

There is a difference between wholesale slaughter (something the Council has engaged in and never been charged of in centuries past) and the punishment of a local ruler who broke laws.

Your impotent Empire has no say in whether religion freedoms are public are not - these peoples are still free to practice their heretical multi-spiritualism in their homes, however, their heretical shrines will not be allowed in our villages.

This is very similar to a standing law that Östlaed has had for nearly 50 years - that foreign religions may not build shrines in our land.

To raise issue now is hypocritical, ignorant, and divisive against our population.

Furthermore, I am not afraid of "the Council" - a body of empty, weak realms who stand on power derived from bribes given long ago to a dead realm.

The publication of this letter will have great consequences.

Your Empire is doomed.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2017, 12:40 am 
King

Valtoros, Perth, Khabranth, insular Realms, a weak force does not make. Delusional.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2017, 1:27 am 

Samyrrah Almandine wrote:
Valtoros, Perth, Khabranth, insular Realms, a weak force does not make. Delusional.

:lol: