All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Diplomatic Envoys
PostPosted: January 26th, 2017, 1:21 am 

The realm of Östlaed requests face to face meetings with the rulers of the following nations:

* Kingdom of Pyrencia
* Kingdom of Wysteria
* Duchy of Casadia
* Duchy of Wychwood
* Duchy of Laghima

Please send correspondence at once.

- Ealdorman Mark Accynnafon II of Östlaed

Post subject: Re: Diplomatic Envoys
PostPosted: January 26th, 2017, 1:52 am 
Duke

To the Ealdorman Mark Accynafon II,

I have need to speak with you as well. I shall depart for Acholm soon.

Cerydon
Guardian of Casadia

PostPosted: January 26th, 2017, 3:13 am 
Duke

To the Ealdorman Mark Accynafon II,

Laghima hears your wishes and I will arrive shortly in Acholm. There is much to discuss under the eyes of the Great Creeper.

Darius V
Ilkhan of Laghima

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: January 26th, 2017, 12:38 pm 
Duke

To the Honorable Ealdorman Mark Accynnafon II,

By the time this correspondence reaches you I will have already left Wychwood for Acholm so that we may meet.

There is much that we need to discuss. I hope that we have not left things to late

Prince Septimus Cersil
Lord of Wychwood

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: January 26th, 2017, 10:03 pm 
King

Earldorman

I have embarked upon the Phoenix Talon, heading for Acholm, though i will likely be the last to arrive, considering the distance between Pyrencia and Acholm.

King Erastil
Ruler of Pyrencia

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: January 27th, 2017, 5:58 pm 
Duke

The city of Acholm loomed large in front of Cerydon’s ship as it drew near to the bustling port. The rumors of conflict within Östlaed had done little to subdue trade it seemed. As the captain steered the vessel into the slip, Cerydon could see that the Ealdorman had sent them a welcoming party of Haligcnihten. Cerydon motioned for his personal guard to prepare to disembark. The wood of the ship creaked as the Orcs stood. Between their massive size and heavy armor, it was a wonder the ship could remain afloat.

A few dock workers put forth a gangway and Cerydon strode onto the docks.

“Greetings, Guardian Cerydon. The Ealdorman awaits you in the Östur.” one of the knights stepped forward, “Allow me to lead you to it.”

“At your leisure.” Cerydon responded, waving his hand towards the city. It then that the knight noticed Cerydon’s companions.

“The fuck is this?” the knight barked, “What are filthy Orcs doing here?”

“They are members of my personal guard. They are here to ensure my protection.” Cerydon answered sternly.

“No fucking Orc is stepping foot in Östlaed.” the knight retorted, trying to stand as tall as he could.

“These Orcs are good, honorable warriors. Östlaed would be lucky to host men of such quality.” Cerydon replied cooly, “It seems you are letting ignorance blind you.”

“Careful what you say.” The knight put his hand on the hilt of his sword. Cerydon could hear the Orcs behind him move their hands to their weapons as well.

“Or what?” Cerydon cut in, “You draw your sword and then Irzil here bashes your skull in with his warhammer for daring to bare steel against me?” Cerydon gestured to one of the Orcs behind him. The other knights tightened their grip on their weapons.

“This scum is not coming into Östron territory. Not while I draw breath.” the knight spat. Cerydon glanced back at Irzil, whose eyes were locked on the knight’s sword hand.

“As easily as that could be arranged, I did not come here for bloodshed. If my brethren cannot come ashore, then neither shall I.” Cerydon turned, “Irzil, tell the captain we shall be departing.”

PostPosted: January 27th, 2017, 8:19 pm 

Guardian of Casadia Cerydon,

I apologize for the unfortunate incident that happened a few days ago in Acholm. There are many families of Östrons that have an ancestral hate for Orcs (one that I indeed share myself in some ways). These Knights have been relieved of their duties in Acholm and have been assigned elsewhere.

I must however share my disdain for your choice to bring them during these times, and feel that a guard chosen of native Casadians would have been an appropriate choice.

I would ask you to consider at least signing a Treaty of Non-Agression with Östlaed. If you choose to consider this offer, I will send a delegation to meet with you at a place of your choosing.

- Ealdorman Accynnafon

PostPosted: January 30th, 2017, 7:43 pm 
Duke

Dear Ealdorman Mark Accynafon II,

I desire a meeting with you to discuss this “Treaty of Understanding”. Internal affairs are keeping me in Casadia, so I propose we meet in Ankylos. I hope this location is amenable to you.

I hope this letter reaches you in good health,

Cerydon
Guardian of Casadia

PostPosted: January 30th, 2017, 8:38 pm 

Cerydon
Guardian of Casadia,

My informants have recently intercepted messages that indicate you are actively planning to interfere in some form with my rule of power within Östlaed. They speak of an increased military presence and even some contacts with rogue elements. I will not come to Ankylos in person, however, I will send my younger brothers Cerdor and Lydær to discuss the terms of a "Treaty of Understanding" with you in Ankylos. I hope you will alleviate our fears about the actions of your realm.

They will also be travelling to Arnum to meet with members of House Folcwine still living there.

Ealdorman Mark Accynafon II

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2017, 12:15 am 
Duke

There was no welcoming party for Cerdor, Lydær, and their company as they rode through the gates of Ankylos. The watchmen seemed to pay them little mind, save a few icy stares. Their Casadian “guides” that had accompanied them from Secara led them through a tunnel which emerged in the midst of a mass of smithies. Everywhere they looked, furnaces and anvils were worked by an army of smiths. The smell of coal, iron, and sweat filled the air. Racks of spears and swords were quickly filled and loaded on to carts. Cerdor was filled with a nervous awe; he had only seen such industry in forges used to arm the Halig Frecan.

At last they emerged from the crowd of laborers onto a quieter street. The city was bustling with activity as merchants and citizens went to and fro. Many gave him sideways stares and his hand slipped subconsciously from his reins to the hilt of his sword. After what seemed like an eternity of winding through the city, they began to ride up onto the hill in the center of town. As they crested the hill, Cerdor was presented with a sight that did little to comfort him. Hundreds of men were spread out on the grounds before him. He could see blocks of soldiers moving in formation, men fighting in rings with sword and spear, and the constant thud of arrows hitting targets complemented the cacophony of ringing steel. Cerdor urged his horse to pick up its pace. The message was clear.

They arrived at the base of the Tower of Dawn and dismounted. The tower cast a great shadow over them, blocking out the late morning sun. Cerdor passed the reins to one of his guards and strode up the steps of the tower beside his brother. One of the tower guard greeted them at the arched entrance and led them inside. After climbing a series of winding staircases, they were brought before the Guardian in a small meeting room.

“I hope your travels were uneventful.” Cerydon set aside a book he had been reading.

“They were, but for a short rainstorm.” Cerdor answered as the twins settled into seats opposite the Guardian.

“I assume you have brought a copy of the treaty with you?” Cerydon extended an expectant hand.

“Of course.” Cerdor fished the scroll out of a leather satchel and handed it to the Guardian. Cerydon read the words carefully and then set it aside.

“I cannot sign this. To sign a treaty of understanding, the Ealdorman and I must have an understanding. And I am afraid we do not.” Cerydon stood and turned to look out a window.

“Care to elaborate?” Lydær responded tersely after a short silence.

“The Ealdorman has killed his own people, attacked foreign vessels, blockaded ports, and sown chaos throughout the empire. These acts cannot continue.” Cerydon turned to face the pair again.

“It is not for Casadia to dictate the actions of Östlaed.” Cerdor answered.

“No, nor would I presume to. But as a realm of the empire, Östlaed is bound to its laws. Should the Ealdorman continue down this path, there will be consequences.”

“You threaten our people?!?” Lydær stood, incensed.

“I do not threaten you. It is Östlaed that threatens us and our brethren throughout the empire. There must be change within Östlaed, or we will have no choice but to assess this threat.” Cerydon answered sternly.

“No army can match the Halig Frecan.” Lydær exclaimed boldly.

“True, perhaps no single army is likely to defeat such a force. Yet they will not be fighting one army, but many. A half dozen realms are poised to join together to restore peace to the empire. This is the common understanding the Ealdorman and I must have. If he does not relent, he must understand that it will be his doom.” Cerydon withdrew a piece of parchment from a drawer and handed it to Cerdor, “The new terms of the treaty.”

“You are asking him to rescind all of his declarations over the past few years.” Cerdor finished reading its contents, “He will never agree to this.”

“So I fear. It is not my desire to wage war, but if the Ealdorman does not agree to these terms, it will be inevitable. I pray for all our sakes you might speak some sense to him before it is too late.” Cerydon gestured towards the door, “Time is short. You had best hurry.”