All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 7th, 2016, 3:06 am 
Duke

Greetings allies,
The Realm of Wychwood formally requests that it’s status within the empire be elevated to that of Duchy.

Wychwood currently comprises 3 counties; Wychwood County, Mirkwood and Rock Ridge. In accordance with the Indoles Carta, this makes Wychwood eligible for duchy status.

Wychwood County
The most populous county within the Greater Realm of Wychwood and home to the capital, Isenwich, a port town comprised of over 40 buildings as well as Sanddown, a small fishing village on the south shores of Wychwood County.

Mirkwood County
Located in the northern half of the realm, Mirkwood is a much poorer county in comparison to Wychwood County. Fully connected to the realm via the overworld, Mirkwood has one main settlement named Oakvale, located in the southern half of the county, surrounded by Greatwood Forest. Currently being rebuilt with the assistance of volunteers from across the realm, Oakvale is still very much under construction. On the Mirkwood side of the border with Wychwood County is also a logging camp which provides most of the processed oak and birch wood to the realm. In addition, there is also an ongoing project being headed by several archaeologists and historians in the eastern half of the county to excavate and document an ancient, underground dwarven settlement.

Rock Ridge
Located to the far east of the realm, across Diamond Bay, Rock Ridge is a mostly barren, untamed, expanse of hills and forest which has seen several instances of attacks from wild bandits in the recent past. As a response to these attacks, Fort Bridge was built in the southern part of the county to ensure that the local population, as well as travelling merchants remain safe. Also home to Rockborough, a small port settlement located on the edge of a cliff.

Community Involvement
Wychwood strives to play a significant part in international relations and politics throughout the empire. This is evidenced by Wychwood’s having 2 guild halls in its capital (Aedificans and Vahnic Exploration) as well as fast travel, in addition to the recent opening of a Wychwood Embassy in Pyrencia.

In addition, Wychwood has participated in a variety of community events such as the construction of the Black Fortress, the trial of The Regent and the trial of Erastil. Wychwood recently sent forces to aid King Erastil against rebel forces in Saluthe, Pyrencia. My late father was also part of the coalition forces tasked with destroying the enderdragon.

I am fairly active in Discord, usually online several times a week. I also try to keep an active presence on the forums, chipping in with my opinions on proposed laws, conversing with new applicants and generally trying to contribute where possible.

I look forward to meeting with any and all Kings or Dukes who would like to tour Wychwood

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: December 7th, 2016, 11:23 am 
King

I would be most happy to come for a visit - an official tour of these productive lands to the north has been long overdue and I look forward to it. Perhaps this Friday or Saturday evening might work?

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: December 7th, 2016, 1:55 pm 
Duke

Both Friday and Saturday will work for me. I'll most likely be online 9pm GMT onwards both days

- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: December 7th, 2016, 3:54 pm 
King

My tour is almost entierly ceremonial, you've almost certainly earned my vote once I travel up to meet you. Have you a Ducal Voting station? It is customary to have a decorated area for votes to be displayed for history!

PostPosted: December 7th, 2016, 7:45 pm 
Duke

I will be sure to visit as soon as possible. From what I have seen in these images and your activity in the community, I expect it won't be long before you join the House of Dukes.

PostPosted: December 7th, 2016, 7:48 pm 
Duke

I must visit soon as well! I can come visit tonight or tomorrow.

PostPosted: December 7th, 2016, 11:44 pm 
King

Following our visit we've decided that there is a little further to do before Dawnstar will gift it's vote, we've left details with your chief adviser.

PostPosted: December 9th, 2016, 12:41 am 
Duke

In response to the comments made by King Tiber and Queen Samyrrah, The relevant authorities in Rock Ridge have been hard at work for several weeks and have we hope made progress towards meeting the requirements:

A new harbour has been constructed in Rockborough, complete with an inn and a small market selling wears from other realms of the empire. Currently there is only one travel route to Isenwich, but we anticipate more ships will dock here in time.

In Addition, more residents have moved into Fort Bridge and the surrounding area. Previously empty houses have been allocated to the new residents, and new houses built outside the walls where needed. Road names and signs have been erected within the fort and on each house to aid the newcomers in local navigation

Should any delegations from other realms wish to tour Rock Ridge and see these changes Wychwood would be pleased to accept them at their leisure

- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

Last edited by Septimus on December 9th, 2016, 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: December 9th, 2016, 12:45 am 
Duke

Also please find maps of the immediate area for both Rockborough and Fort Bridge respectively:

- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: December 9th, 2016, 1:53 am 
Duke

Members of the Wychwood Council have received a delegation from Pyrencia, including King Erastil himself. After a tour of the region he has provided Wychwood with its first King vote

The Wychwood Council would like to thank King Erastil and Pyrencia for their time and approval

- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest