All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 10th, 2016, 3:15 am 
King

Greetings.

My name is Jenkins, and I am Chief Purveyor of Wysteria and Personal Scribe to the Minister of the Wysterian Assembly. As of this evening, that individual is no longer Nicholas II. Duke Nicholas II, Minister for the Wysterian Assembly and proud leader of the Wysterian peoples, has been murdered.

This information will come as devastating and shocking to many, myself included. Details are thin on the ground and are still being discerned, but the situation as we understand it at this time is that the Duke was murdered this evening inside of Gallen’s Amphitheatre while officiating an Ascension Ceremony for Wysteria’s two newest Counts – Sirs Cedrek and Johanssen. Shortly following his presentation of the legal records of ascension to both Sirs, projectile fire began raining down from the upper balcony upon the Duke, the two new Counts, and standing spectators. The projectiles seemed to include both rotten eggs and sharp arrows. As a rush for the exits began, the Duke took shelter beneath the overhang protruding above the raised stage – as he moved towards cover, he was struck by an arrow hitting him in the area of the upper chest. He fell to the ground. By the time the rush had subsided and onlookers rushed to the Duke’s side, he had stopped breathing. Duke Nicholas II was pronounced dead by Market Square physician Jun Etisani sometime between 9:00 and 10:00. Newly ascended Count Cedrek was also struck by a barbed arrow, suffering grave injuries to the left shoulder.

At this moment, preliminary investigations are underway concerning the impetus of these events and the party or parties responsible. We are needless to say incredibly saddened by these events, as well as abjectly stunned that they have occurred here in Gallen. This was an international gathering in the Empire’s finest tradition, bringing together representatives from across the realms of Hermertia to bear witness to the accomplishments and dedication of two of its members; this represents the founding spirit of our international community, and to see it fall victim to such scenes of chaos and violence is truly sad. In his time as leader of the Wysterian peoples, Duke Nicholas II strove to foster the values that we as an Empire hold dear – international cooperation and collaboration, friendship, and creating a stronger, closer Empire together. To this end he oversaw major developments throughout Wysteria, facilitated the drafting of a great number of the Empire’s laws, and brought newcomers to Wysteria. To bestow upon two of these the rank of Count today was one of his proudest accomplishments – tragically, it is now his last.

From this moment, the Wysteria Labourer’s Council shall jointly steward the leadership of Wysteria until further notice. We hope to have more information for you shortly.

Thank you.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: November 10th, 2016, 4:05 am 

Rest in peace, Duke Nicholas II. Our close ties were thanks to Nicholas' positive outreach in the eastern parts of the Mercurian Empire. We forged close ties in trade, legal matters, and appreciation for lyrical genius.

I wish the Wysterians well in the days and months to come.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2016, 7:29 am 
Count

My deepest condolences. I have known Nicholas since my birth, he was like an uncle to me. I hope the new leader of Wysteria will be as fair and great as Duke Nicholas was.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2016, 10:45 am 
King

By the gods! Minerva hoped to send delegates but was unfortunately unable to do so. But now deep confusion, regret and more occupy the minds of Minerva's higher courts. A sense of powerlessness grips our leaders, unsure of what to make of this news. Deepest condolences are sent, but, a day that was supposed to be glorious, has led to trouble. At least we have new noble title holders, a worthy occasion of praise and cheer, but at this cost? Pray investigators get to the bottom of this.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2016, 1:13 pm 
King

Investigation Updates

Following the initial shock, a team was immediately empaneled by the Labourer’s Council to coordinate the investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of Nicholas II. This team is led by Minister for Public Safety Eileena Burtress, and aims to gather together any and all information that may help us to shed light on these tragic events.

In the early hours of the morning, the Minster was approached by a resident of Gallen. The individual, requesting that he remain unnamed due to what he perceives as ‘political backlash’, is the owner of an archery business in Gallen and frequently travels between Wysteria’s neighbors in order to seek out new customers for his wares. As such, he has extensive knowledge both of the art of fletching and of variances in craftsmanship between different realms and groups.

A long-time resident of the city’s Market Square district, the individual was close at hand when the rain of arrows began to fall from the sky and panicked cries began to come from the Amphitheatre. Arriving on the scene just after the fallen form of Nicholas II had been rushed to the home of a nearby physician in a desperate and ultimately futile attempt to revive him, the individual examined the patch of ground where the Duke had fallen, lifeless, to the ground. The arrow that had struck and killed the Duke had been removed in the chaos; peering past its head, slick with blood, the individual recognised a distinctive notch in the design of the sharpened barb. He had seen this particular design at only one other location: the royal manufactories and armories of Rivale, Kaine.

At this moment, it seems clear to us that the arrow that has killed Duke Nicholas II and thrown our realm into chaos is of official Karitite design and origin. The judgement of this individual has been confirmed by the Labourer’s Council’s Minister for Peoples’ Defence and compared with existing examples of Karitite arrows in our possession.

By what manner an arrow of Kairatite origin should end up implanted in the chest of the Duke of Wysteria is as yet unknown. In the chaos of the attack, the shooter or shooters were not apprehended; work is underway to compile as many accounts of the events as possible in order to identify the attackers. It is known that several high-ranking Imperial figures were present, as Duke Nicholas hoped to make every effort to bring the Empire together in celebration – among these were Samyrrah Almandine of Dawnstar, Septimus of Whychwood, Mark Accynnafon of Ostlaed, and Gimpy of Kaine. We urge any of these esteemed individuals with information to communicate this privately to the Labourer’s Council at your soonest convenience.

Thank you.

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: November 10th, 2016, 7:16 pm 
King

Investigation Updates

Following confirmation of the abhorrently tragic death of Count Cedrek, relevant materials connected with his murder have been sent to Gallen to join the depository currently being compiled concerning the murder of Nicholas II. This includes the arrow that hit Cedrek in the upper chest area, leading to his untimely death.

This arrow has been confirmed to be of identical make to the one used to kill Duke Nicholas II: an arrow of official Karatite design. We are now able to confirm that these two murders are being investigated as having been committed by the same party or parties.

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: November 10th, 2016, 8:02 pm 
Duke

This is a travesty. May the perpetrators be swiftly brought to justice.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2016, 8:40 pm 
King

All of Ertia mourns the loss of the good Duke Nicholas II. The close ties between our two nations extends back to the old world when Arjen I and young Sean first met. My largest regret is that I was unable to fufill my promise to Nicholas to build an Ertian embassy in Gallen. In his honor, I shall send my best and brightest architects to Gallen with great haste to complete the temple to our friendship! Jenkins, please let me know if there is more that us Ertians can do for the Wysterian people.

of River's End

PostPosted: November 10th, 2016, 8:45 pm 
King

Thank you. On behalf of the Labourer's Council and the peoples of Wysteria, I thank all those who have sent condolences and messages of support in these trying times.

As we contend with the fallout of this devastating attack upon our peoples, we are grateful for international support in our time of need. We appreciate your offers and will remember them as we seek to bring the perpetrator or perpetrators of this barbaric attack to justice.

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: November 10th, 2016, 10:01 pm 
King

Seen On Street Corners Across Gallen:

Forums Administrator