All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 12th, 2016, 8:16 pm 

Since Myron and I have officially made the existence of a secret co-build known, I would also like to inform the community that the mob-spawning prevention plugin (WorldGuard) has been used at this co-build with the approval (per the law) of one King, King Myron.

More details to be released later. Don't forget, 8 EST on Friday!

PostPosted: October 13th, 2016, 3:38 am 
Duke

The mob-spawning plug-in cannot be used on a specific site unless it has approval via a bill. The original post for this law is a bit unclear on this and should probably be fixed. Source (http://www.hermertia.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=85):
Scrios IV wrote:
Also to note the plugin can only be passed if it goes through the regular voting process (not just one King accepts the use of it in an area. The wording isnt clear on that one).

PostPosted: October 13th, 2016, 9:10 am 
King

Yes, we need to revisit the bill I think. It was passed, but we need to go back into that post and clarify exactly what situations this may be used for and the process needed to implement it.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: October 13th, 2016, 4:17 pm 

It was the interpretation of at least 3 kings, possibly more, that this was the procedure for this poorly written piece of legislation.

I am in agreeance that it should be re-written, although I'm sure in a few Dukes hopes it won't pass (not likely these days!).

PostPosted: October 13th, 2016, 5:36 pm 
Duke

Part of the issue is that the wrong post was made as the official law. The current post in the "Passed Legislation" subforum is outdated and does not include post-veto discussions (though a comment in that thread does mention that the law has passed with the stricter regulations included). The discussion prior to the law passing clearly states that a bill must be passed in order to apply the plug-in to a specific area. The law does not need to be rewritten so much as the correct wording and conditions need to be added to the post in the Parliament.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2016, 5:55 pm 

I disagree, I don't see anywhere that proper legal language was actually written. I've looked through both threads. Nothing there is proper whatsoever. Even with those changes added, it's a total mess.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2016, 10:41 pm 
Duke

The entirety of the discussions that happened are included in full on these forums. The law passed with exactly the definitions found here: http://www.hermertia.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=74

Yes the definitions are vague and I agree that the law has to be redone, but that is how they passed. The dukes did successfully veto the bill, but the kings just passed it again with exactly zero changes made.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2016, 11:15 pm 
Duke

Samyrrah Almandine wrote:
The vote has been passed. 3/5 Kings have voted on the subject, 60% to approve the STRICT use of this plugin, (50% required).

"Strict" in this case referring to the additional rules I set forth in that post and as was agreed upon in both the thread I linked earlier and in the original thread. The OP was just not updated with a compiled list of the rules post-discussion. When properly compiled, the wording of the law should read thusly:

A location is eligible for mob spawn protection if it meets the following criteria:

1. The aesthetic quality of the area is seriously (i.e. unworkably) impacted by torch spam, such as in snowy biomes.

2. There is no alternative method in vanilla Minecraft to preserve the aesthetic quality of the area.

3. The area is at least a county or above.

4. The area would be safe from monsters (i.e. surrounded by walls).

The approval of a king is required to make certain that all of the above conditions are met. Once the site has approval by a king, a bill allowing implementation must be passed.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2016, 3:54 pm 
King

I agree with the above comments. Although it passed without the above wording being implemented if we need to reform the wording we will need to propose it in the correct channels. I am sure it would pass quite quickly as this is a good addition.