All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Character Integration
PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 6:06 am 
King

Greetings friends and allies, I am here to propose an idea, although it is dependent on your priorities.

If the media-wiki system takes too long to restore, or regardless of this, we could spend a bit of time (perhaps two sit downs on my part, and one sit down with a webmaster) to build a character system into our forum account. E.g., each person would be a character, with an age based on a profile form they can fill. It could include "birth place" or any other custom filters we might want.

For phase two, it could all connect to a page that tables all of the characters, like before with the old Important Persons tab.

I look forward to the planned chat tomorrow re: hardware and website updates, so please feel free to share any positive, or critical/constructive thoughts, priorities, or anything else any time in the next little bit.

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 6:31 am 
King

For my part, I do very much like the sound of this! It would be lovely to have a deeper integration of our lore characters with our accounts, and deepen immersion all around.

That said, having the wiki-library back is a top priority for most everyone, and I'm not sure if we want to divert resources away from that task - if that would be in fact what we would be doing. I would rather have the wiki back than nicer profiles myself.

So my answer is a tentative yes, with the caveat that I lack the back-end knowledge to know how this would affect work on other areas. I would never say no to this very cool idea, but I would also like to see the wiki back up ;)

On that note, if help is needed and I can assist, do let me know! I have good amounts of time, especially in the evenings, and am always happy to land a hand.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 6:35 am 
King

I recommend the webhost consider giving, VERY CAUTIOUSLY, access to others to help speed development up. I will not suggest myself, but I would recommend perhaps Nicholas and Myron get access? I can help multiple people work through the problem, but they need to have access. That's what's holding us back a tiny bit.