All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Sleep plugin - Read on
PostPosted: July 8th, 2016, 2:15 am 
Count

I have created a small plugin that simplifies the sleep process for the server, all it does is afk's everyone on the server at the same time, giving a warning and telling people to stand still before hand. A 3 second grace period is implemented between the warning and the actual /afk command for the players. This command is designed to be executed by the one player in a bed and does not require telling others to afk. The action is started with the command: /sleep all

Aeries Rua, if you can message me about getting the actual Jar file from me to be put in the plugin folder.

I hope everyone likes the idea and that we can implement this small plugin to simply the sleeping and elevate the frustration caused by the non-cooperation of other players.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2016, 3:17 am 
Duke

I don't really see a need for this to be honest. You can always afk other players individually if asking them does not work. I have never had an issue with getting others to go AFK (beyond the occasional joking resistance of course). Also sometimes people are trying to do things at night (e.g. mob hunting, taking screenshots, etc.) and would not appreciate having the time skipped to day without their consent.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2016, 5:27 am 
King

I agree with Haedren. This is one of those non-gamebreaking things that I wouldn't care to simplify for simplicity sake.

of River's End

PostPosted: July 8th, 2016, 1:14 pm 
King

It's a good idea and I'm glad we got it to work through trial and error last night Mimo.

However it's a bit awkward as the guys say for night related activities, I'm trying to see if its going to be more or less typing to ask if they want to keep it night or if saying " im going to sleep want me to afk or whatever " is more or less hassle :P

PostPosted: July 8th, 2016, 4:33 pm 
Count

Yeah, I thought it would cause some issues with night time stuff. I was trying to come up with a way to add a grace period in which someone typed something like /sleep no, it would cancel it, but I couldn't figure out a way that would make not defeat the purpose of the plugin. Oh well, it was to work on it. If you guys ever need a plugin made, tell me and I can develop something!

PostPosted: July 8th, 2016, 8:10 pm 
Duke

I agree with what others have said above. This is at most a minor inconvenience and not really needing a plug-in.