All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 10th, 2015, 7:21 pm 
King

I've written up a draft of the text of the post I will sticky in the Applications forum. Thoughts?

Welcome Applicants! Past Hermertians and Newcomers alike, you have found the right place to apply for entry into the Mercurian Empire. I’m Nicholas, your Minister for Applications and Settlement.

If you haven’t already, I strongly recommend you check out our FAQ. It contains answers to a number of common questions on Hermertia’s origins, its rules, and tips for a successful application.
Hermertia is truly a unique server, with every new member bringing their own style – be it in architecture, or writing, or adventure - to our great world. With that in mind, I’ve included some tips here so as to let you know what makes a successful application:

1. First off, create a post here titled “NAME’s Application”

2. Tell us a bit about yourself. No need to go into personal details, but tell us what interested you about Hermertia. Why do you want to be a part of the Mercurian Empire? Have you had past experience with servers?

3. What would be your goals upon being accepted into Hermertia? Give us an idea of what you would like to focus on: would you want to work under someone? Set off on your own? Travel the world? Become a trader? The options are vast!

4. Do you have any skills or talents you would like to mention? These could be anything; maybe you love redstone engineering, or have an eye for building. Some pictures of past builds could be helpful here as well.

5. Share some early lore with us! When your character enters the world of Hermertia, they will need some history, a backstory. It doesn’t have to be complex, but if you have ideas for how it happened that your character found his or her way into Hermertia, we would be happy to hear them.

Now, you may be wondering what the process will be from here. After you create your first post, community members will reply and probably ask you some questions. As this process continues, the community is given the chance to learn more about you and what you would like to accomplish in Hermertia; around this time we may learn more about your lore too. This “community massaging” continues until you receive the required votes to be accepted into Hermertia: either through 4 King votes or 3 King votes and a bill passed from the House of Dukes.

Once you have achieved the required votes, your last step is in choosing a liege to start out under. As per tradition, all new serfs begin under a liege to have the opportunity to create a first county and prove their commitment to the values of Hermertia. Once you have achieved the required votes, prospective lieges can make offers. You are encouraged not to take the first one that comes, but to consider each and choose the one you think may best benefit you.

And that’s it! In the meantime, I encourage you to take a look around the forums and get a glimpse at the many facets of Hermertia. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to either pm me or one of the members of the community, or post a question here. Good luck!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: June 10th, 2015, 10:51 pm 
Duke

Looks great!

PostPosted: June 10th, 2015, 11:35 pm 
King

Great work. If anyone has any further questions regarding their application post, please ask on this thread. We will respond!

PostPosted: June 10th, 2015, 11:43 pm 
King

I'm going to go ahead and sticky it, for the benefit of the applicants who are coming in now; any suggestions people have are easy to affect!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: June 16th, 2015, 11:57 pm 
Duke

Excellent work Nicholas. I think this will definitely help both applicants and current members out.