All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 10th, 2016, 12:30 pm 
King

A mystic, covered in shrouds, has worked tirelessly in his quiet manner. He is one of a handful of an ancient order long thought to be lost.

An economic calamity struck an old kingdom. Obsessed with giving back to the Empire, this Kingdom engaged in superfluous and risky building practices. They cut corners on safety regulations. And they created an internal credit system that ballooned into an unsustainable bubble. Once it was released to the world that this bubble was real, and the 'wealth' that characterized the Kingdom's rapid growth in its capital was seen as fake, the entire economy came crashing down. This led to widespread panic across the Kingdom, and before long, it was abandoned.

While farmers and hardy classes remain, its intelligentsia was already preparing for a possible exile before the collapse even occurred. See, there was a split in the ranks. Many wanted to stop the bubble, but they were shooed out by a class of money-hungry landlords. So, they slowly collected many archives and moved to a border village just outside the boundaries of the Kingdom.

This order has worked tirelessly, and has finally the fruits of their efforts to showcase. Forever ashamed of the path their nation took, they wished to give back. And, finally, they are ready. They are dispatching letters to the various Kingdoms to notify them of the good news.

LORE OFF:
GREETINGS FRIENDS, above is an attempt to canonize my departure, as well as Ikwe, based on the threads I have been reading since then. Make of it as you wish.

But I have good news! I managed to find a COMPLETE archive of the entire library (including its .css, its database, and more). This means we can recover the library all the way up to the important persons tab and more. The bad news is I think the archive I found was in the first handful of Mercannum of the Era of the Dragon, BUT, at least a giant bulk of the history need not be lost.

However, it is in the Media-wiki format, and is based on the old site .css. This new site is different. I also have a FULL backup in the same folder of the old site .css and theme.

Can someone EMAIL me at cody@codydodd.ca if they want to take a lead with me on re-implementing the old library AND/OR the old site format?

:)

PostPosted: March 10th, 2016, 1:13 pm 
King

If ever there was a way for your comeback to have a real meaningful weight behind it, this was absolutely it. This is fantastical news. I would love to help but I've never done any technical stuff like that before. I will provide writing for when the library comes back online.

Watch out for Liserett, she will come screeching in like a banshee and hug(flay) you when she see's the library coming back :D (I'll also do something similar, but only hugs, and sexual favours).

PostPosted: March 10th, 2016, 2:50 pm 
Count

A banshee? Me? =D

That is great news Regent, I can't wait to explore these archives! Just to be clear, what you bring back is the content only or the wiki as well? If it's content only we really gotta harass Aeries to put up a wiki.

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: March 10th, 2016, 11:20 pm 
Duke

It's good to hear that some of this history may be recovered.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2016, 11:44 pm 
Count

What a wonderful way to end the day!

PostPosted: March 11th, 2016, 2:07 am 
Duke

Awesome news! It'll be great to have the old library back.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2016, 3:40 am 
Duke

Cool. Good to hear from you boss :)

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: March 11th, 2016, 12:06 pm 
King

Our order has sadly been so disconnected from our peers and allies, that the strains of time have left us unaware of some of these new jurisdictions and leaders. So many unrecognizable names. And surely our own kingdom's history comes from a time that is unrecognizable to many here now too. I look forward to connecting the past to the present.

Lore off: so many ppl I don't recognize :P

PostPosted: March 11th, 2016, 7:05 pm 
King

Lore off: I emailed you

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: March 27th, 2016, 6:20 pm 
King

Do you a) Have access to the website FTP? and b) have admin status on the forum? If so, rad! Let's get planning.

Also, c) who ever has FTP access to the server itself, I have the old world files ;) ;) ;) And I am pretty sure they are as modern as up to the mountains (haven't tested).