All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Berethor's Applicatiion
PostPosted: June 26th, 2015, 7:06 pm 
Settler

Hello,
My name is Berethor Strongbow, I'm a ranger and huntsman from a far away land in the southeast called Alastor. The people of my fair land were farmers and gardeners and loved the peace and quite. There were no fighters in my country, and I was the only man who knew how to use a sword and a bow. I was very wealthy and loved in Alastor because I rid the land of all the monsters that would terrorize the citizens, until one day I was forced to leave the land I grew up in owing to a rather unfortunate accident. I was out in the forest tracking some zombies that had been tearing down fences in the village. I followed one set of tracks to an outcropping in the side of Mount Oppo, where I saw two zombies in the shadows. Quietly, I got within bow range and notched an arrow. I waited until I had a clear shot and fired an arrow at one of the zombies, but while I was notching my next arrow, I heard a terrible, earsplitting scream the came, not from a zombie, but from I woman. I hurried to investigate and saw to my horror that the Duchess of Alastor was standing over the body of her dead lover, with my arrow sticking through his chest. I immediately knew that I needed to leave. I had uncovered that the Duchess was having an affair, and I had been the one to end it. I hurried back to my cottage and hurriedly gathered my things. While I was packing, the court guards kicked open my door and tried to arrest me, saying I had tried to kill the Duchess. I immediately knew what I had to do. I fought my way through the guards and ran. I ran for two days and two nights with no food or rest. After I was sure I had lost the guards I stopped to make a plan. I had only been able to grab my sword and my bow as I was escaping, and I had no food. I decided to follow the next road I found north, having heard that there were kingdoms in the north. I walked for three weeks, hunting small game and drinking only when I found creeks and rivers, until I met a traveling merchant heading south. I didn't have money, but I was able to trade him rabbit furs for new clothes and some information. He told me about a land in the north called the Mercurian Empire and told me how to find it. I traveled for four more months until I arrived at your gates. And now I ask that you allow me to enter your empire.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2015, 7:12 pm 
Count

(Berethor as well is an irl friend, and as I did for Bjorn, I also vouch for Berethor)

What an unfortunate incident... I've yet to see positives come out of affairs, I can only wonder what the duke is going through now and how that situation is playing out. Your hunting and defensive skills should come in handy here (provided they aren't used to hunt people... perhaps that was a jest in poor taste, apologies)

What are you looking to get out of the server and how would you best contribute to the land?
What is your favorite part of minecraft, building, exploring, redstone, etc?
Favorite color and number?

PostPosted: June 26th, 2015, 9:00 pm 
King

Greetings! Welcome Sir Berethor to the lands of Hermertia, the Mercurian Empire. I'm typing on my phone at the moment, so I'll have to skip my usual introduction. For now, let me just say that we have always welcomed those from other lands into Hermertia, and look forward to learning more about you.

A final thing: if you haven't already, I suggest reading our applicant FAQ, currently going through its final draft at the bottom of the page here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=54 ; it contains much information about our world and its customs.

Good luck, and

For Glory!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: June 26th, 2015, 10:23 pm 
King

Greetings, I am Vorstaed, King of Pyrencia. I am glad to hear that a friend of Barath Mur's has reached the empire. He is a loyal citizen, and i can only imagine people he vouches for to be productive members as well, once accepted. he only recently returned to us from a long journey, perhaps he was the one who told you of the mercurian empire?

A few questions to get you started.
1) Do you see yourself staying under your liege or moving away after achieving count-hood?
2) What kind of building do you like to do?
3) Do you prefer solo building or group projects?

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: June 29th, 2015, 11:51 pm 
Settler

My favorite part of Minecraft is probably exploring and trying to find the perfect place to built whatever I'm trying to built that day. The reason I want to play in this sever is because its different than anything else I've tried on Minecraft. I think I prefer group builds when playing survival because of the scale of things that can be accomplished is a lot bigger than when you're working alone. I do think I would eventually like to move out on my own after becoming a count, but that could change after seeing what its like under my liege. I enjoy castle building, with most of my time being spent of turrets and walls. My favorite color is either royal blue or scarlet and my favorite number is 2.

PostPosted: June 30th, 2015, 1:06 am 
King

Hello!
Glad to see that you and Barath's other friend have made it to the server and made an application. Im going to give you my vote off the bat.
If you have Barath's recommendation, thats good enough for me. I wouldnt want to stand in the way of you two getting on and playing in the same server.
I enjoyed your lore and would want to hear more of it, and also, we need more castle builders on this server, not enough big builds I dont think!

You have my vote.

PostPosted: June 30th, 2015, 12:47 pm 
King

You have my vote as well! You have a good reference as well!

PostPosted: June 30th, 2015, 4:43 pm 
King

*hands you a vote in a slightly damp envelope*

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: June 30th, 2015, 4:50 pm 
Duke

You get a vote from me. Good lore!

PostPosted: July 1st, 2015, 11:45 pm 
King

So far: 3 dukes, 2 kings have voted. You need a few more from the Kings or Dukes to get in.

Keep posting! Also, please cast a vote or ask more questions guys! Lets get this dude and his friend on !