All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: August 12th, 2016, 11:22 pm 
Applicant

I am not the best buider, nor am I the worse. I like to build smaller in general:

Quote:
-What are your long term goals besides becoming an eventual Duke?

I think my long term goals are establishing an order of scholars, writing some lore for education, as well as expanding upon the religion I tried describing in my lore.

Quote:
-What is your biome preference?

I like most biomes except for plains, Jungles, and Birch forests. Otherwise I can build in most, but I usually hope for the colder set of biomes.

Quote:
-Do you see yourself joining or making any guilds?

Yeah maybe the Merchant's Guild if that is joinable. Otherwise I want to make my own guild, as mentioned above, that relates to scholarly things.

-
Quote:
What is your favorite color?

Yellow.

Quote:
Are you saying that you found us by the random button on reddit?

Not necessarily. As I said, I found the link to your subreddit in my bookmarks folder. The original purposes of why I bookmarked it have alluded me now, but the random feature may have originally led me to it some time ago.

Now, if I may ask my own questions:

Are there any Dutch inspired builds/ethnicities?

The server seems to be based on feudal society, how far does this extend?

Are there any custom plugins that alter vanilla experience?

PostPosted: August 12th, 2016, 11:34 pm 

Closest to Dutch would like be my people, the Östrons. The Östrons are largely inspired by Anglo-Saxon tribes and other various North Sea peoples of the late medieval period.

Mind posting some screenshots in the day? haha

PostPosted: August 13th, 2016, 12:05 am 
Duke

Your last two questions are interlinked. As a lore based server we try to walk a line between what is possible within the game and what makes sense in a real world situation. To this end the matter of feudal era technologies and beliefs are flexible. Generally we build in a style within this feudal era yes, however we cannot ignore areas of this game which contradict this, such as rail carts and Redstone. In this sense it is generally acceptable to do and build whatever you like so long as it is logical within the confines of the lore. This world is not our real life world, it is fantasy with skeletons and zombies and different planes of existence. Make sure it makes sense in the lore and the rest will follow.

The plug-ins go hand in hand with this. We try to walk a fine line between keeping the game vanilla and allowing for more efficient gameplay. An example is our recent ship fast-travel method. It is logical to assume that a ship built in pyrencia is capable to travelling across the ocean to dawnstar, therefor we allow for this in game by adding fast travel points between ports adding relevance and practicality to the building of a fleet. Any such alterations to the gameplay are heavily debated beforehand to ensure we act as a democracy.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2016, 3:05 am 
Duke

It's good to see a player who likes to build small buildings with a focus on detail such as yours. Also, your incorporation of our lore is quite skilled and fits well with already established stories and community consensus. You may be interested to hear about how we came to fight the Ender Dragon, as it is a story with similarities to your own.

Phillip wrote:
Are there any Dutch inspired builds/ethnicities?

No land specifically. Some of the houses in Alcona, a co-build in Minerva, look somewhat Dutch in style:

The Gathered are somewhat Dutch, I guess. There's a little Anglo-Saxon influence on the style I went for Anthi Laguna. They're also entrepreneurial, capitalistic, and a joint-stock company owns about half the economy. They also live in a flower forest and I'm going to be putting in some flower farms at some nebulous point in the future. So pretty Dutch. I don't think that's rare, though; the lore of Hermertia includes a lot of capitalistic cultures and buildings in a a style that is reminiscent of Dutch buildings. If you're looking for a place that feels "Dutch" I don't think there are many areas you could go wrong.

Phillip wrote:
The server seems to be based on feudal society, how far does this extend?

Mostly to just the titles and the way they are handed out. We have a parliamentary system of government with two houses, and people are appointed to their positions by those above them. It's fairly unique, but it works quite well.

Phillip wrote:
Are there any custom plugins that alter vanilla experience?

Besides the aforementioned fast-travel plugin? There's one that prevents lightning from causing fires (because 1.9 broke lightning and made it start fires that rain wouldn't put out) and another that allows us to jail criminals and people killed in war so we can have an actual justice system and actual conflicts.

I have a few questions that I would like to ask of you to help us get better acquainted.

What servers have you played on in the past?

What is your Minecraft username?

Thanks for applying!

PostPosted: August 13th, 2016, 6:12 am 
Applicant

Quote:
Mind posting some screenshots in the day? haha

Ah, my apologizes. I don't have too many screenshots on this laptop and using my old one, where most screenshots are, is a pain.

Interesting stuff. The Ostrons are a pretty fleshed out people it seems. Where could I learn more of these Gathered?

As per what servers I played on in the past, I used to play on a Reddit server called The Civilization Experiment (or something like that) for about a week or so and another server with a similar premise to this one, but less fleshed out. Several Kingdoms but nothing more than 'Kings' (who were simply server admins/friends of them) and the idea of progression was little to nothing. I do recall trying to form a new Kingdom with a few friends but was met with severe backlash so I left.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2016, 6:31 am 
Duke

Ah interesting server experiences, Phillip.

As with most races you can read more here:

List of most races w/ some lore.

Some more in depth looks at how these cultures interact.

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: August 14th, 2016, 3:00 am 
King

I like your build style from what your pictures show. You've got my vote so far in the Duke Bill to help vote you on. Once you get the votes to get on youll then receive your offers of vassal-ship under an existing Count or Duke or King. It's up to you to pick one!

PostPosted: August 14th, 2016, 3:04 am 

How flexible are you on your lore, depending on who you choose as your liege?

PostPosted: August 14th, 2016, 3:17 am 
Duke

As Sam said above, we've started a ducal bill to get you in. After we get one (technically two, though Sam has voiced yes) more vote in the House of Dukes, you'll need the vote of the Kings on the Council of the Crowned in order to be accepted. That's when the offers start pouring in! Good luck!

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: August 14th, 2016, 5:48 am 
King

Greetings, from the Kingdom of Pyrencia.

I am most heartened to see a citizen of hermertia wish to rise to the rank of vassal, though i am saddened to hear of the losses and tribulations you have accrued throughout your life. After carefulyl reviewing your application and answers to the questions posed by several esteemed members of our nobility, I am honored to grant you your first KING VOTE, i wish you the best of luck for the furtherment of your applications. Itrist Be'valin!

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next