All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: BIAKKO's application
PostPosted: June 24th, 2015, 5:03 pm 
Count

Hellos!

I'm a 29yo, F, Canadian administrative worker who's been playing Minecraft for maybe 4 years.

I play mostly survival vanilla, although lately I've been playing in creative mode a bit to experiment with command blocks and also to freely experiment with builds ideas. I've played alone, in Realms and in a few servers. I'm not very savvy with redstone, I prefer aesthetic builds to efficient ones. I will arrange some screenshot tonight for you to peruse.

UPDATE: Folio of past Minecraft builds

I'm also an avid D&D player/DM, which might be why a world like the Mercurian Empire appeals to me. The medieval setting, the world building nature and the RPG aspect would be right up my alley.

Biakko's first short term goal, as you'll read in her back story, is to not get killed.
A medium term goal would be to build stuff, eventually earn a reputation as well as creative freedom.
A wild dream would be to one day sit on the Maarsean throne and rule. But who is she kidding? *haha, mutters, mutters, cries*

THE STORY YOU KNOW (updated in minor ways for coherence and grammar)

You look down at the woman pleading exile in front of Hermertia’s greatest leaders. She’s an embarrassing mess really and you’d probably rather be doing anything else right now… How she even go this far is a mystery really.

Reports say she approached guards in the middle of Valatros, and said something like “HALLO! ME, FRIEND MY NAME IS erhh … BIAKKO! TAKE ME TO YER LEADER?” then presented them with ID papers a 12 year old could have drawn. And somehow, she actually made her way to “the leaders”. The screening process really needs some serious work; Kings and Dukes and other nobles can’t waste all their time listening to crazy foreigners asking to speak with “the leader”… Anyway, now that everybody’s here…

She could be 25, or 45 years old or anywhere in between. Her clothes are mere rags, her hair is dirty, disheveled and her eyes suggest equal parts of insanity and ...knowledge? Oh and through her rambling, she very, very insistent that she’s the daughter “of nobody in particular”.

Aside of avoiding questions about her past and denying knowing anything about fake IDs, she keeps asking for “asylum please oh please I beg you” although when asked why, she is quick to assert that it is for “no reason, haha, it’s not like I’m anybody, hahaha, I’m nobody! But yeah, asylum please, pretty please! I can do work, I can build things, help furnish interiors, heck, I’ll even do landscaping and farm work or... or even mining!”

After a long, passionate, but barely coherent plea, she’s now done talking. The silence is heavy, none of the nobles seems willing to be the first talking.

On one hand, her story is as sound as a house of cards, a reasonable action would be to deny her and move on with life…

On another hand, she seems harmless and friendly enough, it would be like kicking a puppy and no one seems willing to be the first to do so.

Her eyes lock with yours in a silent, yet truly desperate plea.

THE STORY YOU DON’T KNOW
Read on if you want the spoiler

- More wine yer Majesty?

Her Grace, Empress Shana XIX of Maarseã, nods graciously, extends her hand, and then brings her make-believe cup to her mouth.

- How long before we reach our destination?

- Any time now, yer Majesty, I’m sure.

- Ugh, damn this horse’s back. This trip is taking forever.

- Certainly her Majesty cruelly misses all her pillows.

- Yeah… pillows…

Her Grace, Empress Shana … ugh… XIIX…? …hops over a dangerous hole in the path.

- Yer Majest... [SNAP!]

Shana suddenly stops, stealthily (read noisily) ducks in a bush and looks around wildly, brandishing an unimpressive knobby stick.

It would be a bit awkward to have someone see her talking non sense to herself while riding a branch like a child rides a horse head on a stick... not the best way to start a new life anyway… And also assassins of course... but she's probably safe now... but what if...?

Ah. She finally spots the origin of the noise; just a stupid bunny hopping on a stupid branch. *sigh*

- Yeah… Yer Majesty Crazy Lady Who’s Rambling to Herself and who's out of drinking water and… crap… out of food too apparently. And who seriously needs to get to safety before night time...

While rummaging through her pockets in the hopes of finding some unlikely remain of a morsel of food, Shana‘s hand closes on a weathered paper envelope.

Fake IDs. Her, Shana Potterson, promising apprentice of one of the greatest architects of Maarseã, a mere couple of months away from obtaining her Master Artisan status, her, the true artist behind the splendor of the University of Maarseã, reduced to run away with only her clothes on her back, badly executed fake IDs in her pockets and a stupid, knobby stick that wouldn’t hurt a… a freaking squid… or something.

That’s what happens when your senile old mum goes around brandishing evidence that the Emperor’s son got in her bed # years ago.

Shana the bastard. Oh, and technically 11th in line for the crown, and also on the to-kill list of the imperial assassins.

*sigh* [SNAP!]

Shana ducks again, this time in a ditch. Voices. Well, she should be far enough from the Empire’s reach now. Hopefully they speak her language… She boldly steps out... well climbs out of the ditch.

- HALLO! ME, FRIEND MY NAME IS erhh… BIAKKO! TAKE ME TO YER LEADER?

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

Last edited by Liserett on June 27th, 2015, 8:55 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Re: BIAKKO's application
PostPosted: June 24th, 2015, 5:22 pm 
King

Hello, and welcome to the Mercurian Empire!

I'll start off by saying that I like your lore so far! It's always interesting to see a story rife with political intrigue, and it makes me wonder where to great Kingdom of Maarsea could be; as you may know, our cartographers have only charted the lands below:

Perhaps it lies off in an unexplored part of our lands, or even through an undiscovered pass through our great border mountains? Either way, I look forward to learning more about what seems to be a unique and interesting history! Does your past as an apprentice show an eye for architecture, I wonder?

In terms of real life, I'd like to ask you a few questions that we typically ask of all new applicants:

Would you be more interested in settling under a liege, or aiming to set off independently?

What types of biomes do you like to build in?

If you and another member of Hermertia wanted to build in the same location, how would you resolve the issue?

Well, tat's it from me for now! L look forward to seeing your application progress!

For Glory,

Nicholas

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: June 24th, 2015, 5:40 pm 
Count

Perhaps it lies off in an unexplored part of our lands, or even through an undiscovered pass through our great border mountains?
Who knows? She doesn't have the best sense of directions and walked for several weeks, it could be anywhere! I don't recognize anything on this map though. She thinks she travelled mostly North, maybe North/East?

Does your past as an apprentice show an eye for architecture, I wonder?
Well she's no Master yet, but she knows her way around a corner stair... or something. You'll be the judge of her skills when I post (WIP) pictures of the University of Maarseã =)

Would you be more interested in settling under a liege, or aiming to set off independently?
I think considering that back story, a liege is more plausible. One day, once she repaid her benefactor's generosity, perhaps she could become independent.

What types of biomes do you like to build in?
I'm open to different biomes, although I'm not crazy about extreme hills and mesa.

If you and another member of Hermertia wanted to build in the same location, how would you resolve the issue?
If I'm truly inspired by an area, I'd ask if the other person's vision would be compatible with mine and if they're open to a collaborative build. If not, then the world is big and there are other great spots.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2015, 5:49 pm 
King

Thank you for answering! I'll let others of the community trickle in now, but I can say you're looking god so far.

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: June 24th, 2015, 5:53 pm 
Count

Thank you for your interest yer Grace!

Last edited by Liserett on June 27th, 2015, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2015, 5:55 pm 
Duke

Welcome to the mercurian empire, amazing start. I can tell you'll be a great fit in our world what with you past experience, feel free to ask any of us questions as we love answering questions about our world. A world which we have all put countless hours into. I have a question for you, as you stated you wouldn't mind building in almost any biome. I'm wondering if you have a specific favourite biome to build in? Other then that I will give you your first vote. Your previous experience with RPG has impressed me and the way you write is very interesting. So yes, you have my vote.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: June 24th, 2015, 6:02 pm 
Count

Thank you very much!
Ha, the way I write might be weird because I'm french, let's put that on the account of Maarseã's lingo!

Favorite biome... well that's hard to tell. Plains is always the obvious, easy and flexible choice. If I think of my favorite past builds, I'd say a nook in a mountain side, or a valley. Islands can have great potential, as well as peninsulas. Idk, most biomes have their appeal.

I hope that answers your question is a satisfactory manner... even though it doesn't really!

PostPosted: June 24th, 2015, 6:11 pm 
Duke

Nope I completely understand, wonderful answer actually. I feel the same way because I love building in many different areas, keeps my building fresh.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: June 24th, 2015, 6:20 pm 
King

I know what you mean; I too prefer a varied terrain that allows me to inject some variety in my builds to any particular biome. I'm currently building in a plateau area that features plains, swamps, deserts, and beaches:

Je dirais qu'un variance des environments qu'on utilise nous permet a atteindre un région à fois plus interresant a voir et a construire!

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: June 24th, 2015, 6:23 pm 
Count

Ack! Ye speak Maarsean! Be ye a spy? An assassin? Not that I know anything about why there'd be a Maarsean spy/assassin in these parts, or even recognise this language IT WAS A LUCKY GUESS! haha hahahaha ha...

o.o I must go now

Last edited by Liserett on June 27th, 2015, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next