All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: BIAKKO's application
PostPosted: June 26th, 2015, 10:24 pm 
King

I would like to inform you that gimpy is the worstest of lieges
jk. probably. i was his serf once and i turned out okay. so hes probably alright

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: June 26th, 2015, 10:59 pm 
Count

Duke Gimpy
Thank you for this tempting offer, I'll certainly put it under consideration =)

King Vorstaed
Well I have been known to take terrible decisions, who knows? =D

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: June 27th, 2015, 12:15 am 
Duke

There are no bad choices for a liege. Some are just... Gimpier than others.

PostPosted: June 27th, 2015, 2:52 am 
King

lel gimpy is an adjective again

-The Hydra
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: June 27th, 2015, 7:06 pm 
King

Biakko,

I would like to formally apologize for this delayed message and hope you receive it soon as I found you and the items you can offer very fascinating (builds, lore and level of activity of the forums)! I have heard whispers that you might have made it to Valtoros on your travels. Did you have a chance to meet my Brother of Valyria, King Kyn? I would sure like to have a chance to meet you one day, whether it be as your liege or just a brief encounter.

Let me explain a little about Perth. Perth started out long before the new world was established in lands in the old world. We were mainly a warrior nation fighting to survive against the bone-people (this lore will be re-posted once the library is back up). We now are still considered warriors, however we have built our society on three fundamental values, which are strength, honour and peace. In order to progress in our society you must show that these values are instilled in your every day life. You can do this in many ways but there are two basic options to choose when you start out. The way of the warrior is your first option. The way of the warrior does not follow traditional values of using their strength and skills in battle for personal gain. However, they use their strength and skills in combat as a tool to uphold peace and law within the empire as a whole. On the other hand, those that do not choose to use the notions of strength and peace in combat can still achieve rank within Perthian culture and society by being active in politics. In other words, those that develop a strong character and can build and maintain peace, relationships, and alliances also have an important role within Perthian society. Duchess Samaia is a good example of the second option.

That is a little about our society, but what about the physical geography and our established boarders? To start, you may hear the people of Perth or Valtoros throw around those name interchangeably or refer to Valyria in general. This is due to the fact that Valtoros and Perth have a long standing alliance that stems all the way back to the old world. Our two nations make up what we call The Greater Realm of Valyria. If you are a vassal of either Kingdom you are vassal of Valyria as well. When you become part of the higher elite you gain the title of "Brother" or "Sister" of Valyria which symbolizes the bond between our realms. In both of these realms we have a wide variety of landscape that range from deserts to lands that are vibrant with vegetation and maybe even snow (Perth contains one of the largest snow biomes). Refer to http://imgur.com/a/uZXHe for a reference of the Kingdom's realm.

Our build style is mainly medieval with a hint of Nordic and Gothic architecture. Although, we have many different people within our Kingdoms that bring many different building styles and capabilities. For examples please refer to http://imgur.com/a/CQD5i. We also have a very well planned and organized nether line system referred to as the "Perthian Grid". These lines are one of the safest and complete systems in the Empire. Refer to http://imgur.com/a/WIrGk for samples.

I would love if you could be part of our Kingdom as I think you would be a good fit within it. We are a very prosperous realm both in the people that are part of it and the riches that we have accumulated over the mercannums. We are also a very active realm.

PostPosted: June 27th, 2015, 7:49 pm 
Count

King Scrios

I have not had the honor of meeting King Kin as I was, at least until I approached the guards, hiding from my fellows humans because of the... erh... cause of me requesting asylum..

I am honored by yer offer, my voyage through The Greater Realm of Valyria revealed to me magnificent architecture and yer lands truly transpires of ancient lore and power. I find the fundamental values of the Perthian society to be noble and exemplary.

More so, I admire the unparallelled level of devotion the Duchess Samaia Almandine demonstrates toward you. In her numerous letters, I read a great love for her country and her leader, a passion that truly speaks of the grandeur of yer reign.

I am grateful of yer proposal, King Scrios III, and I shall consider it carefully.

PostPosted: June 27th, 2015, 8:22 pm 
King

I look forward to hearing your final decision. Please feel free to send your courier directly to me. My guards (the Varangian Royal Guard) have been informed that I am awaiting your response and that it is of urgent matters.

PostPosted: June 27th, 2015, 8:41 pm 
Count

This is dutifully noted me lord.

New Hermertia is a world of great opportunity and infinite glory, I must now meditate on the direction to take from here, which will lead me to my new life.

Whatever the outcome of my decision might be, may yer reign last a thousand years!

PostPosted: June 27th, 2015, 10:09 pm 
King

My guards, (The Order of the Flaming Sword) has been notified to stop putting the cheese drawer next to the vote drawer

-The Hydra
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: June 27th, 2015, 10:44 pm 
Count

Well, it's a bit faster than I thought, but here it is!

Oath of Allegiance Declaration

After due consideration of each liege proposal that was graciously offered to me, after weighting the pros and cons, with difficulty, I narrowed down my choices until I finally made a decision, thus sealing my future.

For his kindness and guidance, for his seemingly very active presence and high commitment to the Empire, for his proximity in terms of time zones, for the appeal and great potential of his lands, it is with great honor that:

I, Biakko erh... Sky? ...Door... erh... Oak.. Leaf..? Oakleaf! Yeah, I, Biakko O'Kleef, do solemnly and sincerely swear allegiance to his Excellency Sir Nicholas, Duke of Wysteria, to the laws of his lands, to the Mercurian Empire, and to the Mercurian Constitution-to-be.
Wysteria is my country, I shall strive to be worthy of it. In its well-being and prosperity alone lies my happiness.
This I declare and affirm.

I am most grateful for each of all the offers I was graced with and look forward to establishing and maintaining strong ties with all the great leaders and citizens of the Mercurian Empire.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next