All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 5:49 am 
King

I will be making a formal offer as soon as I get home

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 6:22 am 
King

I would like to offer you a permanent home in the Kingdom of Pyrencia. We are the newest kingdom, forged by many hands out of the wilds of the south of hermertia. Still driven by the furnace of expansion, we have a strong sense of community and are very fond of working on builds in groups. While you would have a good deal of autonomy and freedom under me, rest assured i would only be right around the corner should you require assistance, and i am always very active in helping my vassals out.

My people, the pyrencians, are a short lived people. Most of our kind can only live to be about 30-40. While deeply religious, the majority of our race believes the parasitic virus that causes us to be short lived (dont worry it can be passed on, but is incredibly complicated so its not actually contagious) is actually becuase our blood is mixed with that of the gods. In fact, when the virus/blood is removed, we become virtually identical to humans or elves, depending on the family line. (over several generations of course, genetic mutations dont just go away). And while our religion is important to us, one of its teachings is that our gods are ours, and there are others out there for other races and cultures, meaning we are very accepting of other religions, just that conversion doesn't work out that great for us.
A long time ago, my people lived in virtual isolation on the Isle of Shadows, but we were attacked by the Danaan, which caused the first IgnisBlade to lead the remnants of our society to the old world, where we fell into relative isolation again, until the Unraveling occurred. We journeyed to the new world, arriving shortly after a good deal of the Mercurian empire's people did, and then decided to truly join the empire. Eventually, we rose to kingdom hood itself.

An old(ish) map of my first duchy

Second duchy (also old-ish)

This is the only copy of my third duchy i can find >.< and you can only see the bottom point of my fourth duchy (ignore the seven)

While I do not have currently updated maps, i do have several areas ripe and ready for expansion, covering most types of biome (pretty much everything except desert, mesa or mega taiga)

http://imgur.com/a/kteNa
That is Damor, a town built by my previous vassal Celestine

http://imgur.com/a/githT
An album of Edhevrand before it was finished, missing the housing, castle and the city walls. Though there is a shot of one of my first characters on the server, IgnisBlade

http://imgur.com/a/krCrq
My newest city, still vastly under construction, Mytheth

As always, best of luck in selecting a liege-lord. Make sure you take the time to find a liege that suits you, but i hope to see you on the server soon. Carthi va'nothe!

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 9:49 am 
Duke

The land of DorEryn would also like to extend to you an invitation to our lands.

The little red land in the upper right above Ertia

The "Aethen Sige Tel" or "Snow Elves" in the common language are the large majority of the inhabitants of DorEryn. The Aethen are a very proud of their architecture and independence as a nation. The Capital of Fichina is the center of the realm and the most developed and culturally tied to the world, being one of the oldest cities in New Hermertia. The main religion practiced in the area is named after the Snow Elves with nearly every citizen following very devoutly. Other religions and cultures are tolerated within DorEryn as well though. The county of Daos was owned by the House of Talin. They are a group of Mercurians that live within the borders of DorEryn and are very close allies with the House of Rua in Fichina. The City of Amora to the south is shared with the Ertians under the rule of King Arjen, whom is also very close with the land of DorEryn. The city stands as a testament to the friendship between the two lands.

Though the land of DorEryn may seem very small compared to the rest of the nations, just about any land to the North and Northeast are available for settlement. We can provide intermediate tools and resources for starting a new city. There are a very wide variety of biomes to choose from including; taiga, super taiga, extreme hills, dark forest, plains, swamps, birch forest and more. We love to see new faces in the land that are committed to greatness and involvement in furthering the progress of the land of DorEryn.

A pathway alongside Fichina

Some Aethen Architecture in the city of Koinia of Dawnstar

The Palace of Rua on the Hill and the tree of EchuiOneth in Fichina

The Palace of Rua (other side)

The great co-city of Amora

There is so much more to show and tell, but I tried my best to summarize it all. Congratulations on getting accepted to the server and I eagerly await you're arrival.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 4:30 pm 

I've not made my decision yet, have a few more questions -

Is there a common noble population throughout the empire, and if not, is there a population that is the majority in the imperial capital?

Did creeperism originate anywhere according to the unposted history?

I simply am trying to figure out what race/culture Brother Mark Stefan comes from.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 4:54 pm 
King

MarkStefan wrote:
Is there a common noble population throughout the empire, and if not, is there a population that is the majority in the imperial capital?

Since we settled the New World in expeditions sent from the Old World's existing realms, there are a great many population groups spread across New Hermertia; depending on the size, location, and social dynamics of different realms, these populations may have started as fairly concentrated but have definitely spread out over time to the point where you will find peoples with dozens of different regional and denominal identities across the Empire. For example, the peoples of Wysteria started out as having set off from the Duchy of Laborate in Ertia, and as such were a fairly concentrated mix of Ertian-Mercurian; now, however, Wysterians may go by "Ertian" or "Mercurian" or "Marseeean" or "Wysterian" - or indeed anything in between. Wysteria's nobles are a mix of Ertian-Minervan (myself), Ertian (Merry), ancestral Marseean (Liserett), and peoples from farther afield or with more ... quiet ties to home.

This also includes the native Mercurian population, of course; most realms take care to build up the pre existing villages of these native peoples (NPC villages) wherever possible and absorb them into the realm.

Large cities throughout the Empire, such as Concordia or Mount Empire (and indeed most international capitals) sport a great mix of peoples - it's never uniform!

MarkStefan wrote:
Did creeperism originate anywhere according to the unposted history?

At the dawn of recorded history, Creeperism was a religion founded by the brother Kingdoms of Valyria, and played an important part in the guiding beliefs and spiritual worship of the ancestors of today's Perthians and Valtorans. Though religious diversity has grown greatly since that time and different religious practices are welcomed just about everywhere to the point of greatly influencing realms across the Empire, the religion remains ingrained in these two Kingdoms today.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 5:08 pm 

So for my characters story, he could either be valyrian if I wanted, or he could be anything else where this religion had spread either in the old world or the new world. His story is that he is from the imperial capital. I suppose I'll need to contribute to building a monastery there over time.

What makes the most sense however is if he is not from a noble line at all, but just a peasant of a bloodline that was not recorded. I'm sure the imperial city would largely be composed of many mixed-ethnicity and other species of sentient life forms.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 5:46 pm 
Count

"sapient" =) Star Trek corrupted you I assume!

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 6:05 pm 

Liserett wrote:
"sapient" =) Star Trek corrupted you I assume!

Literally watched every episode of every series. TNG I've done three times, and TOS twice :)

The new movies can die in a fire, however!

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 6:33 pm 

There ya go, that's a more fitting symbol for a Monk of Creeperism.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 7:12 pm 
King

Aha, fellow star trek fan! I'll skip over the time when I repeatedly kept referring to Casadia as Cardasia, the town of Risia to Risa, and the city of Duras to two certain Klingons.

Aldo yep, series are leagues above the newer movies in my book ;)

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next