All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 20th, 2016, 10:16 pm 
Count

Hey everyone, I'm MimoBot and this is my application!
I am going to make this short but sweet so let's get started shall we?

I've been playing Minecraft for a number of years and have been part of another tight community for about four years. The other community is fantastic, I have many friends there and have created quite a personality with them but alas I am now looking for more from the game and since I have played for so long I thought that joining a unique server/community like The Mercurian Empire would be fun I would get a lot out of it. I found this community through a personal friend (he goes by Nicholas on the forums) and after discussing the server for sometime I thought that this is just the type of community I was looking for. For anyone wondering I can provide links to the community if need be.

Once I join the server I will begin with joining an established country and over time I hope to be able to slowly break off and build an area of my own that I can then either use to join with someone else. In terms of my work I would pursue trading work as I really do like being able to travel and view other creations that others in the community have built and worked on. Because of my experience with the game I have discovered I am very good at building quickly and constructing castles (I really do like building castles and other medieval structures), I also am very good with redstone, being able to make it do really anything I want it to; weather that be elevators or auto smelters I am able to fully utilize the redstone system. To touch back on the my building, although I enjoy building castles and medieval type structures I am quite good with really any building style and would be an asset to any project on the server. I'll link photos of some recent projects I have worked on at the bottom of my application.

As for my lore, here it goes:

Mimo is 23 years old, he landed at the entrance to Hermertia looking for food and a place to sleep as he had just travelled for many months in search of work and trading opportunities. In that time he lost both his young children and wife to the elements as the journey was tough and not for the faint of heart. As he travelled in search of trading he was robbed of his trading goods and left for dead, the sun beating down Mimo kept going; as a religious man there was some force, a feeling that someone much greater then me was keeping me going. He received word a month later that his home village was raided and burnt to the ground, with no home or family to go back to he took a new direction and found himself at the gate of Hermertia. Once apart of the empire Mimo will begin a new life for himself, working from the bottom and building a new life for himself; one with dignity, respect and hope after such a tragic loss.

http://campmongoose.com/forums/ The other community I am part of.

http://i.imgur.com/fc1dy6i.png A small storage room I recently built.
http://i.imgur.com/4EDT8Wr.png A castle I built on the other server
http://i.imgur.com/qDx5W3j.png My hobbit hole on the other server, it has many small secret areas all packed into one tiny space.

Thanks for reading and I hope to join everyone soon!

- MimoBot

PostPosted: April 20th, 2016, 10:34 pm 
King

Greetings!

As Mimo has mentioned, we are good personal friends. He is trustworthy and dependable and would be a great asset to Hermertia; I bestow upon him the highest recommendation.

Mimo has already pursued the forums at some length and looked into Hermertia's history and laws - accordingly, I won't succumb to the usual temptation to infodump here; rest assured all that he will be informed coming in! (Don't let that stop you from pursuing your normal questions, of course ;) )

With that, I am pleased to grant you your first Ducal vote, Sir! This vote is awarded in the form of the introduction of a bill in the House of Dukes; under current Council status, your entry will be guaranteed with either 3 kingly votes or 2 kingly votes and the passage of this Ducal Bill.

Best of luck good sir! I await the rest of the community to pursue your application, and hope to see you in-game soon.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: April 20th, 2016, 10:56 pm 
Duke

Nicholad vouching for you is good enough for me. You have my vote.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2016, 11:11 pm 
King

Hello!

Read your application and had a look at your builds! I'm pleased to hear that you have been reading the forums and speaking to Nicholas, he's a top sort of guy, one of the finest examples of Hermertian nobility. You have my vote. We'd love to have you on.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2016, 11:14 pm 
King

Haedren wrote:
Nicholad

Can't decide if simple mispelling or allusion to being a top lad. I'll take it either way :)

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: April 21st, 2016, 5:45 pm 
Duke

Welcome to Hermertia! I don't think I have much left to tell you, as I'm sure Nicholas has already filled you in on all of the details. But a recommendation from Nicholas is all i really need to give you my vote. I hope to see you on soon.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2016, 5:54 pm 
King

Nicholas wrote:
Haedren wrote:
Nicholad

Can't decide if simple mispelling or allusion to being a top lad. I'll take it either way :)

He's a top sort of lad, that Nico

PostPosted: April 21st, 2016, 5:59 pm 
Duke

Nicholad is his new name, there can be no other.

Having Nicholad know you already is more than enough for me. I hope the voting process goes quickly for you sir.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2016, 7:08 pm 
King

Let's push this excellent applicant through asap! With the good Nick's recommendation, you have my vote! I'm sure I'll be seeing you on the server soon!

of River's End

PostPosted: April 21st, 2016, 7:21 pm 
King

One more kingly vote to go! Looking forward to seeing you in-game.

Forums Administrator