All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Senetrix's Application
PostPosted: January 31st, 2016, 10:55 pm 
Settler

Hey guys! My name is Senetrix, and likely you have already read the applications of my IRL friends, Awolz_Bro and TheGreatBolesby. I am 17, male, and I really enjoy video games. I played on a minecraft server called Civilization Experiment, and was one of the leaders of multiple nations on said server with Bolesby and Awolz. After leaving, I was looking for a better version of the server that allowed me to make bonds with several different people. When Awolz described Project Hermertia, I knew I would want to be a member of this community due to its maturity and lore rich concepts. I enjoy building and communicating with the people of different kingdoms. Along with my friends Awolz and Bolesby, I was a major part of building the towns of our expansive nations, along with keeping those towns in good shape to be filled with new citizens of our nation. http://imgur.com/a/4c57e. I am great at taking orders, or giving them if need be, and I hope to be of service to anyone who may eventually have me.

My lore-

Beneath the rich blue skies of the ocean, I think beyond the people, and the places I leave behind. The countless hours of blood, sweat, and the occasional salty tear that broke my otherwise cold geste due to the loss of the will for my own people to live. The two brothers in arms who remained at the end of our time in civilexia had made a decision to leave and forge our own, new destinies. we parted ways a few miles east of the coast of civelexia and boated on our own paths. To think that a mere dwarf of the Vaal mountains could reach such a peak in a very human driven political environment is beyond myself. And I think towards what this journey east may bring me.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Senetrix on February 3rd, 2016, 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: February 1st, 2016, 12:12 am 
Duke

Welcome! Glad to see Awolz is bringing in lots of new Hermertians. I hope you're application goes well, if I think of some questions I'll be sure to ask them :)
(also maturity? are you sure you're talking about us?)

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: February 1st, 2016, 12:15 am 
King

Greetings! I'm Duke Nicholas, your Minister for Applications and Settlement. Pleased to meet you and to welcome you to our commons!

Like my esteemed fellow Duke, I am most pleased to see another newcomer peer into Hermertia! I'm greatly curious to learn of your origins: we have heard tell of many a distant realm, shrouded in mist far past our Great Border Mountains. Could the lands of Civilexia be one of these?

Though we have recently emerged from a Dark Age where a number of our oldest historical documents were lost to time (as Sam has revealed), some of our faithful scribes have compiled a history of much of the Old World (from our founding in 2010 to 2013): viewtopic.php?f=9&t=193 . Furthermore, you have arrived at the gates of Hermertia at a point where we are getting fast underway in the construction of a new library: check out our work so far, including lots of history and charts, here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Bi7 ... mtwaHhTNU0

You might like to check out some of our highlights as a community here: http://imgur.com/a/vGyJP#0 ; it shows off arguably our greatest strength in our great group of players.

If you have any other questions about our history, please do ask: many of us have been around for yonks and can provide some historical context.

Finally, I would appreciate it if you could provide some answers to a couple questions I typically ask of new applicants:

-Are you particular to building in certain biomes?
- What sorts of skills would you see yourself bringing to Hermertia? You mention skills such as raiding and diplomacy; how would you hope to incorporate these into our world?
-If you ran into conflict where you and another player wanted to build in the same location, how would you resolve the issue?

I'll leave these thoughts with you good sir! Over the next bit you should see some more of the community respond to your application; many will no doubt have questions of their own. Again, I'll refer you to our discussion of the application process (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=58) for the run-down of what you can expect next. While you're waiting, I absolutely encourage you to take a look around the forums at the many different aspects of life in Hermertia, and to shoot me a pm or reply here with any questions you might have.

Until then, I'll leave off with an introduction to the Imperial motto since time immemorial:

For Glory!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: February 1st, 2016, 12:54 am 
Settler

Gimpy IV wrote:
(also maturity? are you sure you're talking about us?)

This is very true compared to many of the people in the community we come from. :)

PostPosted: February 1st, 2016, 1:20 am 
Settler

Senetrix is a great guy and rounds out the trio I've played with for a long time. He is a skilled builder and a chill guy. He was one of the most devoted and a central player on our old server and was widely respected and known for being level-headed. I'm excited to play with him again and I hope you accept him into our ranks.

PostPosted: February 1st, 2016, 1:24 am 
Settler

Nicholas wrote:
-Are you particular to building in certain biomes?
- What sorts of skills would you see yourself bringing to Hermertia? You mention skills such as raiding and diplomacy; how would you hope to incorporate these into our world?
-If you ran into conflict where you and another player wanted to build in the same location, how would you resolve the issue?

My favorite biomes are forest and mountains , but I can build in most any places.
I can bring building, gathering, and just about anything that requires a basic tool to whomever takes me as a serf.
If I ran into a conflict with another player over a piece of land, I would either find a more suitable place for my build idea or one for the other player's build to keep the peace.

PostPosted: February 1st, 2016, 1:35 am 
King

Ave, friend.

Your descriptions have very much given me a good feeling about your application. I'm Glad you three have found a refuge amongst the countless other sites out there. I think you'll fit in very well. We love dedicated and experienced players, and are always looking for more.

Your leadership skills will be of use, id love to see them proven once your settlements take shape. A dwarf? We have few that I've heard of in these lands. I'm eagerly awaiting the products of your building.

You have my vote. I want to see what the three of you can do. I sense great potential and I would see it realised.

You have my Duke Vote.

PostPosted: February 1st, 2016, 2:13 am 
Duke

Greetings. I am Helori, Awolz' duke. If he recommended you, just like great bolesby, then you have my vote.

I do like that you three have stuck together. I hope you three will bring a lot to our empire.

PostPosted: February 4th, 2016, 1:01 am 
King

Please continue to vote for this applicant. I dont want him to have to wait too long, Bolesby and Awolz are already online.

PostPosted: February 4th, 2016, 1:13 am 
King

I was, uh, already under the impression that I DID vote for him. Perhaps my courier got lost. or fell in a hole. or was eaten by a kraken. either way, I grant you my king vote

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741