All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Emsa's Application
PostPosted: January 31st, 2016, 8:30 pm 
Settler

Hello
So I've beel playing Minecraft since in was still in alpha and have loves seeing all the changes to the enviroment so far. I have played a lot of rpgs in the past and combining two of the things I can spends literally hundreds of hours of my life on sounds like a good ole time to me.

Usually in Minecraft I tend to explore, usually just doing it for the sake of going that bit further...just those few blocks more. I end up with stockpiles of gold and diamonds so I think I could do some trade, but likewise want to build!
Samaia reffered me :)

Never stop moving. That was the motto.

Thats why we never had a real home. That's why we stayed in hovels, dirty taverns...holes in the ground. He taught me everything I knew, my father. Find some treasures, maybe some gems then sell them off to the dealers as depraved as we. In the dark of the night he taught me to be a shadow.

"This is our nature. You are a Dark Elf Emsa."

It still rings in my ears now. I did't know we were supposed to be parodies of ourselves; of course I also did not know at that point that we kept moving for a reason. Running. Never stop moving.

He had killed her you see, my mother. It matters not how I found out. It matters not what became of him.

For many moons I wandered without him, still procuring the elements so sought after by the traders, they thought I would be naiive to thier ways; you learn quickly, a young woman on her own. You are shadow, you are savage, you are Dark Elf. Underground and in mountains I roamed, always in search for the valuable.

I was in trouble; there were no diamonds to be found in the area. Countless letters awaited me at rest stops demanding where they were. Angry letters, pleading letters...and then one that was something else entirely.

"Stop moving. Make yourself a home. Be Safe Emsa."

It did not say who it was from, nothing to give away an identity. Stop it said. Could I? Could I stop being this rogue?

"Make yourself a home"
where? I thought
.....anywhere.

Hermertia. I could stop, build a home, build a life, become a real person...and maybe discover the indentity of who sent the letter, but I cannot do this alone.

Last edited by Emsa on January 31st, 2016, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: January 31st, 2016, 8:35 pm 
King

Emsa is a personal IRL friend, she is the one who actually introduced me to Minecraft many years ago. I remember her saying " I can't believe you dont have this!" And the rest is history. Hooked immediately. I can without a shadow of a doubt give the highest possible recommendation that she'd be a perfect fit for our server. And as such will be giving my vote immediately. She has my highest possible commendation.

PostPosted: January 31st, 2016, 8:41 pm 
King

As a long time ally of Samaia, her recommendation alone is enough for me to cast you my vote. I hope you find the safety and home you seek in our lands.

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: January 31st, 2016, 8:45 pm 
King

I would agree with Anthrail, my vote is extended to you as well!

PostPosted: January 31st, 2016, 8:54 pm 
Duke

Wow, two king votes already! You're well on your way to getting accepted, and because of mine and Samaias peoples close relations you now have a ducal vote! You have my vote :)

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: January 31st, 2016, 8:56 pm 
King

only need a few more dukes or 1 more King vote to get accepted :D

Post subject: Re: Emsa's Application
PostPosted: February 1st, 2016, 12:11 am 
King

Greetings! I'm Duke Nicholas, your Minister for Applications and Settlement. Pleased to meet you and to welcome you to our commons!

Well, I can see this shouldn't take too long! The person responsible for introducing our good Sam to Minecraft is a worthy ally indeed :)

I am also intrigued by your lore: the elves are a famously evasive race, having popped up in important characters throughout our history and also in different species: lest we forget the sea elves of West Dermergia or the Hill Elves of the Skyhold. I look forward to learning more about these old and storied creatures and the unique aspect you will bring to our lore.

Normally, I would go much more in depth, but I assume Sam has filled you in; nevertheless, I am of course happy to address any questions you might have.

For Glory!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: February 1st, 2016, 12:17 am 
Duke

And with Nicks vote, you're in! I am sure you'll be hearing from lots of lieges soon ( I may offer a spot in Kaine even) but now you must make an important decision of course Sam is also a viable liege so if you wanna stick with him thats cool too :)

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: February 1st, 2016, 12:23 am 
King

Congratulations on achieving your required votes! Now that prospective lieges may begin to extend offers, I would like to throw my name into the hat and extend you an invitation to the bountiful lands of Wysteria.

After over 150 years – two years in real life – of history as part of the Kingdom of Ertia, I and a group of adventurers set off in search of our own lands. The result is Wysteria, a great land in the making. Accompanied by my stalwart vassal Count Merry, and joined by the excellent Biakko O’Kleefe and good Sir Squire, we have taken great strides and formed a community that offers both great support and untouched expanses to forge your own destiny. We would love to welcome you!

Fast progress is being made on our way to becoming a powerful and storied realm. Great progress is being made on the under-construction capital city of Gallen, the up-and-coming seat of the government and economic hub of the realm; meanwhile, the plains are home to Biakko's fast expanding town of Chester-le-Ford and, farther off, Merry's and Squire's burgeoning counties. The land itself is suited to a multifaceted realm, with nearby biomes including plateaux, deserts, beaches, plains, savannah, swampland, many extreme hills and mountains, lots of rivers snaking through the landscape, and, last but not least, large expanses of ice plains and wintry taiga. With Merry, Biakko, Squire, and myself nearby, Wysteria offers both close support and vast stretches of unexplored land to make your own. It is a land where anyone can pursue their goals and have a hand in the beginnings of a vast new history.

The people of Wysteria have an old saying - now the realm's official motto - , a maxim descended from the first settlers of Laborate over a century ago: In labor, as in all else, success through perspective. This comes from our belief that greater knowledge, greater effectiveness, and greater appreciation for the world around us can be achieved by learning from as many perspectives as possible. From discovering a more efficient mining technique to appreciating a new culture, Wysteria always welcomes the opportunity to learn from others; as such, I would be only too happy to welcome an adventurer and wanderer into Wysteria, and to learn more

If you’re interested, I’ve included a few pictures of Wysteria and its environs:

A map of the lands of Hermertia, with Wysteria’s location circled. Note the swaths of tundra and taiga poking out in the South; an expansive extreme hills and mountains biome lies just off the map towards the North-West, a location I have been meaning to expand to and would love to have a capable worker settle in. Also note the sheer abundance of rivers criss-crossing through the lands - lots of opportunities for some cool bridges, as Biakko and I are discovering while building a road connecting our cities. Both a good ways off from neighbors and close to the center of the East, Wysteria’s location allows for unimpeded expansion while remaining in the thick of international business; we maintain strong ties with Ertia (not far to the north of us) and are a mere 10-minute travel via the fully complete Nether Lines to the Imperial Isle and Mount Empire, the future Capital City of the Empire.

A shot of Gallen’s dock’s : complete with two cranes, market stalls, and ore processing, the city is well on track to becoming a trading hub. Special facilities have also been created to host fishing derbies in the future – these are spur-of-the-moment contests we have to see who can fish the best loot in a short period of time, and they are a blast! Also seen are the walls of Gallen; the city sports a commanding view, perched on top of a plateau.

A map of Wysteria made using Amidst, a Minecraft mapping program. This shows off the variety of our lands: in a small region, newcomers have access to locations in many different biomes. (Gallen is located in the grey area in the bay). Whatever environment might be deemed most suitable or which ever strikes a fancy can be traveled to in short order.

I am Guildmaster of the Merchant's Guild, an organization dedicated to fostering trade in Hermertia; as such, Gallen is home to the main hall of the Guild. Said Hall is in the foreground; the deep black of the polished andesite used in its construction contrasts with the gleaming white that makes up the walls of the rest of the buildings in Gallen's Commercial District.

Wysteria is thus a realm that values not only expansive architecture and powerful trade but a rich and varied mythos: we dedicate ourselves to creating a lore that exists as the culmination of over four years play and truly shows off what's possible when playing MInecraft. If you’re interested, don’t hesitate to shoot me a pm with questions or post them here! Good luck in choosing, and I look forward to welcoming you to Hermertia!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: February 1st, 2016, 1:25 am 
King

Skyholder Syrah was a snow elf as well Nicholas ;) I'm pretty sure she's going to be joining me in Dawnstar but it's 100% her choice.