All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 26th, 2016, 5:05 am 
Settler

Hey! I'm TheGreatBolesby or Rob as commonly called. I found this place from my IRL friend Awolz so hopefully I got everything here right!

About me: First, I am a 17 year old junior in high school as well. I enjoy public speaking, guitar and of course video games. I have played Minecraft since 2010. I know how to host a server, mod, be a good community member and have a good time. PVP to RP I have done it all on Minecraft servers. One of my most reputable experiences though seems to be on the previous server I found and showed my friends, Civilization Experiment. I actually started playing on that server almost exactly a year ago (one week away). I was a dedicated community member for 9 months- through multiple hacking attempts, revivals and drama fests. I heard about this server as I mentioned from my friend Awolz and already became intrigued. The tight knit, semi-serious community attracted me considering being from one tired of toxic, volatile community, I want stability in my minecraft time that is already limited at times. I hope to become a member of the community and go beyond- help craft an enjoyable experience everyone can partake in alongside myself.

Previously on my past server, I cofounded 3 nations, one that died quickly and taught me "survival of the fittest", one that evolved into the final one that became the largest nation on the server, the second most active and the most democratic and friendly nation as well. My fellow leaders (Awolz and our friend Senetrix) enforced our ideologies of protecting democracy and leading people into the future. However, my goals in Hermertia would differ. Despite my seasoned leadership experience, every great leader is an even better follower. I would not mind serving under a liege and being able to contribute to something bigger than myself, as I once invited others to do. Combining this section with skills, I am a jack of all trades. I am a decent PvPer, fighting multiple wars and raiders on my previous server, as well as being a renowned diplomat. Although I highly enjoy the realm of politics and advisory, I also know when to go on the grind and mine for hours. Though my favorite activity must be building- when supplied my imagination creates the realm I desire to live in. http://imgur.com/a/eaxUP This is an album of the oldest city we built on our previous server, I helped create about half the buildings alongside my friends.

My dream position in this world would to work under a liege as a builder who's competence on lore and history matches no other and his diplomatic prowess is high. Also most preferably would to work alongside my good friend Awolz (Not only are we IRL friends but leading a nation together helps build cooperation skills that are beyond the level of teammates).

Now let's get into the lore.

Home. People say they have had many homes, talking about times and places, of glory and humility. They have talked about their greatest achievements to their very highest vexes of joy and to their lowest moments in the very dirt of history itself. Paradoxically, when they are asked what home is, the average man say a place. Some humble men may say a people or family. Other more honorable men may claim to a banner or state. A very few may claim they have no home, or have lost it. When approached the question myself, I have been on the side of every answer. Yet, I seem to have found myself wondering into the wilderness of thought again, wondering what is home? I have lost my tangible place. From Vaal to it's evolution to the Lakeheart Dominion, I journeyed into the abyss of the unknown and laid stake to the ground, being no stranger to losing what I cherished nor a stranger to defending what I formed. From quiet stranger to global celebrity, I have lost my people. I watched as the horrors of war crept up as the waves do on the beach- drawing ever closer but never there until you least expected the hurricane to come. Names and faces all but distant memories that haunt me with every glance into the water and every time I lay at night. Finally, I have lost my nation. From scavenger to Warden to Commandant, I have lost my people. I witnessed the magnificent growth of a nation from dirt to ashes and higher than it's former glory. All that I have ever known, all the attributes that could be condensed into a single word, "home", simply missing from my life. Even Civilexia itself collapsed on itself due to the ignorance and greed of man. Now, here I am. A seasoned veteran, a tired traveler and a wise man of simply flesh and sinew. Ready to start fresh in the lands of the Mercurian Empire and Hermertia. Ready to look to a new way of life, where I can learn from my previous follies under a new liege. Ready to discover what "home" is.

Thank you for reading my application, I enjoyed being able to touch back up on my old lore writing abilities and being introduced to an exciting place! If there is a nice list of nations, cultures, religions, famous people and most importantly history I would be most appreciative!

PostPosted: January 26th, 2016, 5:22 am 
Settler

Bolesby is a fantastic player and a close friend of mine. I've played with him for a long time and he is incredibly devoted. His skills as a builder and grinder are invaluable, just as his ability to not only lead, but also follow. He is a player of immense quality and I hope you look to his application with enthusiasm, just as I do.

PostPosted: January 26th, 2016, 5:23 am 
Duke

Welcome! Good to hear that the server is getting around through person to person recommendation.

Your application looks good so far and you have a good start. Best of luck!

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: January 26th, 2016, 2:45 pm 
Count

Fantastic application, I like your presentation, your builds, and the quality of your writing.

The application process can take a bit of time due to the nature of the voting process, but I have no doubt that you'll join us soon. I look forward to see you in-game!

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: January 26th, 2016, 2:49 pm 
King

TheGreatBolesby wrote:
If there is a nice list of nations, cultures, religions, famous people and most importantly history I would be most appreciative!

Greetings from the Independent Nation of Dawnstar, traveller.

We have gone through a significant amount of 'events' which could be categorised as awful or tragic, one of which was the loss of the old website and its library. We had all of our lore and history on there, rebuilding it has been very painful ( as you can imagine :P )

From the Indoles Carta, our Laws:
2.1 In order for Applicants, old or new, to be accepted into Hermertia they must receive:
(a) 60% or more votes from the Council of the Crowned, or
(b) 50% of votes from the Council of the Crowned in conjunction with the passing of a Bill by the House of Dukes.
This stands at currently active kings: 4, so you would need 3 Kings or 2 Kings and a Duke Bill to get in.

The Realms page has information, History, Details and an update on recent builds/pictures about each Kingdom or State, go in and have a look, but i'll give a brief outline here if I can.

- Kingdom of New Ertia: King Arjen IV.
- Kingdom of Perth Freyr Eberhartd, Heir to King Scrios III. Redstonism, Belief of the Great Creeper.
- Kingdom of Valtoros: King Kyn III. Redstonism, Belief of the Great Creeper.
- Kingdom of Pyrencia: King Anthrail. Pyrencian Pantheon.
- Kingdom of Khabranth: Warlord Kuhtu. Ugontuh Religious Beliefs.
- Former Kingdom of Minerva : Former Regent of the Empire. Redstonism.

- Grand Duchy of Kaine : Duke Gimpy: Yuick Thanort.
- Grand Duchy of Casadia: Duke Arkelai.
- Grand Duchy of Wysteria: Duke Nicholas.
- Grand Duchy of the G.R.H.H: The Chairman.
- Grand Duchy of Dawnstar: Duchess Samaia Almandine.
- Grand Duchy of Reinen: Duchess Asredai.
- Grand Duchy of Rohavn: Duke Sevrys Kehnsu.
- Grand Duchy of Carrickshire: Acting Duke Helori.

- County of Arahn: Count Albus.
- County of Roma: Count RomanFlare.
- County of Noria: Count Xethaios.
- County of Chester le Ford: Countess Liserett

This list isnt exhaustive, it was who was off the top of my head, and does not include Serfs that are part of each Nation. Check this post: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=145, its the Cabinet, Ministry of Hermertian History, of which I am its currently serving post holder. This thread details our most recent(ish) list of characters. Should give you a decent look at each player's characters.

I was inpressed by your application. Looks like you'll be an asset to the server when you get enough votes. You've got a recommendation already so that is a big help.

What are your top three biome types to build in ?

PostPosted: January 26th, 2016, 4:59 pm 
King

Greetings! I've been out, but am now back; here comes the wall o' text! I'm glad you've found your way to our applications section; I'm Duke Nicholas, your Minister for Applications and Settlement. Pleased to meet you and to welcome you to our commons!

To start with, I am intrigued by your lore so far: an interesting and somewhat unsettling piece that leaves me with little concept of your identity yet at the same time a sense of deep understanding surrounding your struggles to maintain that identity. I can tell I will look forward to hearing more from you :)

Though we have recently emerged from a Dark Age where a number of our oldest historical documents were lost to time (as Sam has revealed), some of our faithful scribes have compiled a history of much of the Old World (from our founding in 2010 to 2013): viewtopic.php?f=9&t=193 . Furthermore, you have arrived at the gates of Hermertia at a point where we are getting fast underway in the construction of a new library: check out our work so far, including lots of history and charts, here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Bi7 ... mtwaHhTNU0

You might like to check out some of our highlights as a community here: http://imgur.com/a/vGyJP#0 ; it shows off arguably our greatest strength in our great group of players.

If you have any other questions about our history, please do ask: many of us have been around for yonks and can provide some historical context.

Finally, I would appreciate it if you could provide some answers to a couple questions I typically ask of new applicants:

-Are you particular to building in certain biomes?
- What sorts of skills would you see yourself bringing to Hermertia? You mention skills such as raiding and diplomacy; how would you hope to incorporate these into our world?
-If you ran into conflict where you and another player wanted to build in the same location, how would you resolve the issue?

And, extra finally, I would like to extend you my vote good sir! While subsequent votes will no doubt be slower in coming as the community continues to ask and receive answers to questions, I myself feel comfortable to vote for you based on the great work you've done so far. I've created a ducal bill here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=443 , which, if you've followed our description of the application process, can with a majority of ducal assent lower the required kingly votes from 4 to 3.

I'll leave these thoughts with you good sir! Over the next bit you should see some more of the community respond to your application; many will no doubt have questions of their own. Again, I'll refer you to our discussion of the application process (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=58) for the run-down of what you can expect next. While you're waiting, I absolutely encourage you to take a look around the forums at the many different aspects of life in Hermertia, and to shoot me a pm or reply here with any questions you might have.

Until then, I'll leave off with an introduction to the Imperial motto since time immemorial:

For Glory!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: January 26th, 2016, 6:18 pm 
Duke

Greetings, I am Helori, viceroy to the late Duke Ferris who is Awolz liege.

I'm very excited to see a new application, especially one so well written and thought out. If you and awolz have played together and have experience governing in this previous server that is all the evidence I need. You have my vote sir, as will be updated in the dukes bill.

I hope to see you on the server soon.

PostPosted: January 27th, 2016, 12:05 am 
Count

Hi Rob! Welcome to Hermertia! I also played on civilization experiment for a short time. I'm being here since May/june and I can tell you this is an amazing and friendly community.

Really liked your building style, I hope to see you on the server soon.

CASADIA STRONK

PostPosted: January 27th, 2016, 9:28 am 
King

Salutations, I am Anthrail, King of Pyrencia

Word of your application to join our empire has reached my ears, and after perusal of your skills and talents, I extend to you your first Royal Vote.

I hope to see you on the server soon.

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: January 27th, 2016, 8:23 pm 
Duke

Wow, this is a fantastic application. You've definitely come to the right place! Can't wait to hear your responses to Nicholas' questions, see you soon!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine