All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Awolz's Application
PostPosted: November 26th, 2015, 2:49 pm 
Duke

He is from the continent of America...

PostPosted: November 26th, 2015, 3:00 pm 
Duke

Congratulations on being accepted! Such a fine applicant will receive plenty of offers from prospective lieges in the coming days. As offers come rolling in, feel free to ask us any questions you may have. We'll all be happy to answer and it will also help you find the right liege to match your plans and desires.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2015, 3:05 pm 
Duke

Welcome to Hermertia Awolz, I've heard of your struggles and wish to offer you sanction in Kaine, a growing Grande Duchy which needs expansive minds and able bodies. Here I can offer you a place of safety and creativity. I have large swathes of lands which need filling and many different biomes which need a helping hand.
You can see it here:
It is the group of islands in the south east that are coloured purple.
Here are a few examples of buildings in Kaine.

That is Eaftham one of the most beautiful ports in all of Kaine built by my most trusted Count Asamu!

And that was my first project in our new world the almost impenetrable military fort of Skragg.

Those are the only paintings I have at this moment but hopefully you get a good idea of what I have to offer.
I am a leige of a large Grand Duchy (hopefully soon to be Kingdom) and I have been playing on Hermertia for almost 3 years now. I was around as the old world crumbled and here for the dark ages of the new world. I am an experienced builder, though I do get distracted ;) I promise you should you choose me as your liege I'll be nothing but giving, helpful, and a huge jokester. I wish you the best no matter your choice and I can't wait to see you at some point in your journey, good luck!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: November 26th, 2015, 3:44 pm 
Duke

I would like to offer you a place in Casadia. A good man such as yourself would find great success among our people. Below is a map of the bustling southeastern region of the empire, in which Casadia resides:

http://i.imgur.com/njF9wl0.jpg

Casadia’s territory is vast and varied. There are towering mountains in the north, sprawling jungles in the south, and large swathes of taiga in the east. Many of these areas are ripe for development and you will be free to settle wherever you please. Wherever you choose to settle, you will have Casadia’s vast supply of resources at your disposal. You will be provided with the finest enchanted weapons and tools in the empire in order to promote your prosperity. No taxes will be levied against you, and you will be free to develop your settlement as you see fit. As your liege, it will be my first priority to ensure your enduring success.

Casadia’s cities are nearly as diverse as its biomes; ranging from rustic farming villages, to harbor towns, to fortress cities high in the mountains (here is a somewhat outdated album of my settlements: http://imgur.com/a/S1z1t). It is also home to the Slayer’s Guild and the Cartographic Society. Casadia has long been a great power in the south. With a good man such as yourself among us, we will walk together down the path to even greater prosperity.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or respond here. I wish you the best of luck as you choose your liege!

PostPosted: November 26th, 2015, 6:36 pm 
King

I would like to offer you a permanent home in the Kingdom of Pyrencia. We are the newest kingdom, forged by many hands out of the wilds of the south of hermertia. Still driven by the furnace of expansion, we have a strong sense of community and are very fond of working on builds in groups. While you would have a good deal of autonomy under me, rest assured i would only be right around the corner should you require assistance, and i am always very active in helping my vassals out.

My people, the pyrencians, are a short lived people. Most of our kind can only live to be about 30-40. While deeply religious, the majority of our race believes the parasitic virus that causes us to be short lived (dont worry it can be passed on, but is incredibly complicated so its not actually contagious) is actually becuase our blood is mixed with that of the gods. In fact, when the virus/blood is removed, we become virtually identical to humans or elves, depending on the family line. (over several generations of course, genetic mutations dont just go away). And while our religion is important to us, one of its teachings is that our gods are ours, and there are others out there for other races and cultures, meaning we are very acceptant of other religions, just that conversion doesn't work out that great for us.
A long time ago, my people lived in virtual isolation on the Isle of Shadows, but we were attacked by the Danaan, which caused the first IgnisBlade to lead the remnants of our society to the old world, where we fell into relative isolation again, until the Unraveling occured. We journeyed to the new world, arriving shortly after a good deal of the Mercurian empire's people did, and then decided to truly join the empire. Eventually, we rose to kingdom hood itself.

An old(ish) map of my first duchy

Second duchy (also old-ish)

This is the only copy of my third duchy i can find >.< and you can only see the bottom point of my fourth duchy (ignore the seven)

While I do not have currently updated maps, i do have several areas ripe and ready for expansion, covering most types of biome (pretty much everything except desert, mesa or mega taiga)

http://imgur.com/a/kteNa
That is Damor, a town built by my previous vassal Celestine

http://imgur.com/a/githT
An album of Edhevrand before it was finished, missing the housing, castle and the city walls. Though there is a shot of one of my first characters on the server, IgnisBlade

As always, best of luck in selecting a liege-lord. Make sure you take the time to find a liege that suits you, but i hope to see you on the server soon. Carthi va'nothe!

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: November 26th, 2015, 7:07 pm 
Settler

Wow, thank you all for accepting me! Deciding on a liege is going to be a difficult decision. Thank you for all of your proposals so far.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2015, 7:16 pm 
Duke

Feel free to take your time, you will be stuck with the person for some time.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: November 27th, 2015, 8:34 pm 
Settler

I've been mulling it over the past few days and I believe I'll have my decision by tonight, assuming no new proposals come in.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2015, 9:03 pm 
Count

A few people are kept quite busy with school lately, and seem less active. Undoubtedly, you'd get more liege proposals if they came by, but if something really catches your attention, I'm sure no one could fault you to choose a liege now =)

Congratulations for your being voted in =D

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: November 28th, 2015, 1:55 am 
King

Looking forward to seeing your work when you get on and start playing. I'll be around to help out initially for whoever you pick :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next