All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Awolz's Application
PostPosted: November 25th, 2015, 12:42 am 
Settler

Hello, I'm Awolz. I'm going off the FAQ and other applications so sorry if I miss anything.

So about myself IRL- I'm 17, junior in highschool. I've been playing MC for 4 or 5 years now and heard about Hermertia from this article while looking for a replacement to the server I used to play on, Civilization Experiment. I was a part of that community for 9 months and as time went on the community got bigger, less mature, and more toxic. It moved away from the small, fun community I found it as and although not terrible right now, I wish to move on from it. It's the base for a lot of my lore however. After seeing the article and researching it over the last week, the Mercurian Empire has my name written all over it. I am also a big fan of ASOIF and GOT so a lot of my ideas come from there. I enjoy being in active communities with lore in game but also fun out of game. My goal for joining the server would lore building and serving under a respected liege and hopefully become a trusted advisor. My skills in MC are pretty standard. I build relatively well (our city we built), I can farm and mine plenty, but my skill most people lack is the ability to fight and lead. On my old server it was, at times, eat or be eaten, so I learned to survive and thrive. I also led the second biggest nation to ever exist on the server at peak with over 30 active members in the nation, so I've learned a few things about leadership.

My lore-

I'm a human man from a land far west of here, known as civilexia. In that vast wild land came about the Lakeheart Dominion, an enormous empire held together by the iron will of 3 men- Senetrix, Bolesby, and myself. Under our leadership we led our people into newfound freedom and prosperity. A few years ago my world as I knew came to an end. The land we lived in purged us from it, threw us from its fields and hills. The earth cracked and the countryside burned. Those of us who survived fled to the sea to sail wherever the wind took us. I lost my closest friends then and have been sailing for ages. I've recently washed upon these lands where an indigenous person told me of the great Mercurian Empire and it's rule here. And so it is here I present myself, an aged weary man of 43 years before my new lords to look down upon me and take me under their wing. I am a simple devout man looking to serve under a wise, great lord.

Thanks for reading my application, I hope to join you all soon. If somebody could give me a run down of the religions or point me to a list I'd be so thankful. I'm not sure of my RP names as I'm quite fond of my Awolz identity.

Post subject: Re: Awolz's Application
PostPosted: November 25th, 2015, 1:25 am 
Duke

Wow! Amazing start and especially after only seeing this server through that article and reading our faq. I'm happy to see people still applying as our server always has room to grow (with a space of 80k by 60k) I should mention that while in age we are all atleast your age, with a few exceptions, we do goof about and are always a little immature. Don't let that turn you away though, when we get down to the lore and in game lore events we always stay on track.
Now I've got a few questions for you, some may make you do some research on our site but I think that's always good. So firstly I ask which nation at this time seems most interesting, whether it's culture, people, actual lands, just about anything. Tell me why! I love to hear about our lore and builds :). Secondly, if you had to pick one biome which you absolutely love and one which you absolutely couldn't build in, which would they be? Lastly have you ever used voice chat systems? We use them pretty much every time we go on the server as some of us have become great friends and just live talking! (I actually met two other players on the server who live in Scotland, while I live in Canada!)
Anyway great to hear from you, I look forward to your answers!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: November 25th, 2015, 3:09 am 
Settler

Gimpy III wrote:
So firstly I ask which nation at this time seems most interesting, whether it's culture, people, actual lands, just about anything. Tell me why!

I'm not sure where to find this actually. I'm looking under the realms board but can't find overviews or things like that for each kingdom/realm. Maybe you can point me in the right direction?

Gimpy III wrote:
Secondly, if you had to pick one biome which you absolutely love and one which you absolutely couldn't build in, which would they be?

I really love to build in taiga, especially mega taiga, great hills, and plains. I really have a hard time building in jungle and sometimes desert. I really enjoy snowy builds, even if it's cliche.

Gimpy III wrote:
Lastly have you ever used voice chat systems?

Yes, I've used teamspeak a lot. I'm semi-familiar with mumble, which I believe you use, and of course I know skype. I also know of discord

PostPosted: November 25th, 2015, 3:10 am 
Duke

Greetings good sir!

You are off to an excellent start to your application! You seem like exactly the kind of person we are looking to add to our community.

In terms of major religions on the server, there are quite a few. There are at least six that I know of: Creeperism, Redstonism, Animism, the Bone Church, the blood religion of the Pyrencians, and the Path of the Unburnt. Most realms have their own religion, though there are a couple that are prominent in multiple realms. I am not too familiar with the details of religions other than my own, so I'll let other members elaborate on them. But I can gladly provide you with details on the religion of my people, known as the Path of the Unburnt.

The Path of the Unburnt is based around fire worship and is the defining feature of Casadian society (my people). Followers of the Path believe that there is an inner Fire within us all. Embracing one's inner Fire requires committing oneself to a higher purpose that supercedes one's own selfish ambition. The Fire rewards those who dedicate themselves to it with a number of benefits. The Unburnt are resistant, and in very rare cases immune, to fire. The Fire also grants devotees improved physical stamina, though this varies greatly from person to person. In order to join the ranks of the Unburnt, one must pass the Fire Trials. The Trials consist of a number of tests of altruism, courage, and faith involving the use of fire. The Fire Trials are a rite of passage for all Casadian youths, as well as any others that wish to join the ranks of the Casadians. The Path of the Unburnt has two distinct sects separated by how they view the inner Fire. Some believe that the Fire is merely a natural force like the wind or tides, while the majority believe that the Fire is given to the Unburnt by a god of order (or some sort of powerful magic being) to help them battle chaos. The latter sect's belief led to the creation of the Altheri, a warrior order dedicated to combating chaos and defending civilization. Casadian society has thus evolved to support and perpetuate this warrior brotherhood. Despite this fundamental divide, the sects are non-competitive and are able to peacefully coexist.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2015, 3:21 am 
King

Ave, traveller!

Your tale is a sad one to hear, it resonates with most of the old hands here to lose a great deal like you did.
You have been well informed, the people of Hermertia are open and accepting of all new comers. My own people comprise of Hermertian native testificates and snow elves (Aethen), and the rest being the descendants of Digby Wellington, the first of the line of the ruling house over which I have the privelige to rule.

Your application has impressed me, showing leadership and fortitude in the face of adversity. Force of arms is a very rare eventuality, so hopefully you won't have to prove your worth. We have tournaments and brawl bouts regularly so fear not.

Where's your favorite biome to build?

PostPosted: November 25th, 2015, 3:27 am 
Count

Quote:
Where's your favorite biome to build?

He answered that already you derp =)

Hello and welcome Awolz =) I am still a serf and I cannot vote on your application, but I like what you bring so far!

As for an overview of the nations, I think your best bet is to look at liege proposals in other application threads. I hope this helps!

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: November 25th, 2015, 4:24 am 
Duke

Awolz wrote:
I'm not sure where to find this actually. I'm looking under the realms board but can't find overviews or things like that for each kingdom/realm.

This information can be quite tricky to find, if it is available at all. In order to make finding it easier for you, I have compiled an overview of Casadia on its respective realm board (http://hermertia.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=340). I will try to get the other lords and ladies of Hermertia to create something similar for their realms. It is definitely something that would be helpful both for applicants and for us.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2015, 4:40 am 
Settler

Thanks! I've been skimming past applications looking at liege proposals to get an idea of the respective kingdoms. I'm slowly getting an idea of what the world is like. Everyone has sweet builds though haha

PostPosted: November 25th, 2015, 11:06 am 
Duke

Hello there my friend, it seems you have already been welcomed but I'll throw in my 10 cents worth.

I like what I've read so far, and the link you posted showed some very impressive builds there. I'm afraid I don't know much of the intricacies of the religions either, though I have written some of them into my lore briefly. I have only a few small questions for you.

I see you used to lead, yet I also see by your application you would be happy as an adviser to a ruler. May I ask what your eventual plans might be? We have several rankings in our community, from Serf, Count, Duke to King. Dukes and Kings are pretty much the voting powers in our community, being able to cast major votes on many matters, including applications. Would you be content to remain under the rule of one of these lords or would you be looking for your own rule again at some point? Dawnstar, Casadia, and Kaine are examples of Grand Duchies, where Dukes form independent nations without necessarily being kings.

That is my main question, my second is just out of interest. In the link you supplied, was that area terraformed or did you simply build where there was space?

And lastly, just out of curiosity for timezones, where do you live IRL? a lot of people live in America, but some of us live elsewhere in the world.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2015, 1:36 pm 
King

Good Day Sir,

I am King Scrios and currently rein over the lands of Perth. Whenever you get accepted I will expand further on my lore for the realm, there is a pretty long history. You will learn quickly that I too have fascinations with GOT (from names and lore).

For a question that I do not believe that has been asked, how did you view conflicts on the other server? Were there conflicts and how were they normally resolved? If you were to face a conflict (i.e. war, dispute, etc) how would you handle it?

Thank you for your application! It is a great start and I like to see how active you are so far :)