All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 15th, 2015, 6:42 am 
Settler

Hey Everyone! My name is Hunter (I_AIVI_DA_KILLA ingame) and I study Music Education at a college in Northern Texas. I am 20 years old and have played minecraft for about 6 years now. I found out about Hermertia through a current player (Epinicion) and I seriously am interested in joining the action. I will be a pretty casual player considering my course load (20 hours) because obviously school comes first. My goals for playing on the server would simply be to have as much fun as possible within the boundaries of the rules, as well as level up with my buddies who already play and who are looking to apply. As for special skills within the game, I can mine like nobody's business. I know al the tips and tricks for finding any specific ore in large amounts. I am pretty good in combat, but hopefully there won't be too much of that needed :)

As for my lore,

I am a human born and raised in an underwater city called "Vashj'ir".
I am 20 years of age and seeking a new life on the surface which I have only heard stories and legends of. I have high expectations, but at the least I just can't wait to experience something new and different. I love to mine. I could spend all day everyday underground if I didn't have to eat or drink to survive. Obviously mining in Vashj'ir is a little different than what I will be doing in Hermertia, but the effort is all the same. I can't wait to see what the future holds for me. If there is, in fact, a way to change my ingame name, I will go by Wolfgang Jaeger.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application and I hope to meet you all soon!

PostPosted: September 15th, 2015, 12:34 pm 
King

Hey welcome, newcomer and friend of Epinicion (Now known as Seph!)

A top class miner you say? That could come in handy for sure. I still have a thing to learn about certain mining techniques so im looking forward to hearing of your skills.

I'm interested about this underwater city and its people, as a team of nobels from the Empire once came together on a quest to explore the depths of an ocean monument, a mysterious structure purportedly found in oceans across the breadth of Hermertia, or so the legends say.

We have had an successful applicant who was a Sea Elf, many Mercannum ago, Calypso was her name, she was the first representative of her race to join Hermertia. Im interested as to how a human managed to survive under the ocean, what was your home like? Being of the Snow Elf people, the mountains are a rather different environment to your birthplace.

(Lore off) Welcome! cool to see you're following the footsteps of your friend, Seph (Epinicion), he's already been approved and is now a Serf with me in my lands.

Few questions from me, and no doubt others will ask some too before the votes come,
- Whats your preferred few types of Biomes to build in?
- Do you enjoy co-building?

Good luck with your application! :D

PostPosted: September 15th, 2015, 4:06 pm 
Settler

Nice to meet you my friend!

As for my homeland, Vashj'ir is very similar to an "Atlantis" type atmosphere. The biome itself is more of an artificial surface style setup rather than just simply living underwater.

My favorite biomes to build in really aren't limited to much. Personally I'm a fan of keeping things rustic when building on land (I can handle pretty much any location on the surface) but I do truly enjoy building things that extend below the sea (Pretty fitting eh?). I enjoy the challenge of creating a survivable atmosphere with no real access to sunlight. (Glass is probably my favorite block for these things).
As for your second question, I absolutely love building with friends, or simply anyone looking to make a mark with something big. I'm all about envisioning these huge projects in my head with my friends (even though they don't always come to life :lol: ). I am not picky on who I build with as long as they are willing to contribute!

But I am just as capable of working alone!

Thanks for keeping up with me!

I_AIVI_DA_KILLA

PostPosted: September 15th, 2015, 5:52 pm 
King

Hello again!

Very interesting. We were actually discussing the possibility of an underwater build at some point, which would be pretty darn cool if you ask me.

You've come to the right place for co-building, its a very fun activity and gives motivation like nothing else. Ill let some others ask a few questions, and will vote after i've seen some more responses. I'm impressed so far though, keep up the good application!

PostPosted: September 15th, 2015, 6:13 pm 
Duke

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I love underwater builds so much. I like you already. Welcome to hermertia. :D
I don't have any questions for you unfortunately but just stopped by to say hi!

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: September 15th, 2015, 7:23 pm 
Duke

An excellent start to your lore!
I can't vote in your favour, but I think you will do well given what I've seen so far
I have toyed with the idea of planning an underwater build at some point so I would be first in line to sign up if you get on and make a start

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: September 15th, 2015, 8:04 pm 
King

Welcome to hermertia!

I send you warm greetings from Pyrencia, We always look forwards to new citizens joining the empire.

A few questions from myself,
Do you plan on staying under your liege or moving out and starting your own nation under the council eventually?
Do you have any ideas for what type of settlements/individual builds you would like to create if/when accepted?

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: September 15th, 2015, 9:03 pm 
King

Also, we do use a nickname thingy so your name can be Wolfgang Jaeger if you want. We can change your forum name to that if you want as well

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: September 16th, 2015, 2:26 am 
Settler

Thanks so much for all these wonderful replies!

As for what I plan to build, I can't really say specifically yet. I'm one of those players that never really logs on with a specific idea in mind and then before you know it I'm going nuts on something I thought of while just messing around in game. But I'm sure I'll figure something out.
As for your second question, I do plan on spending most of my time on the server in my own liege (Probably with Seph) but I would love the idea of *eventually* branching out.

Thanks again for keeping up!

I_AIVI_DA_KILLA (Soon to be Jaeger)

PostPosted: September 16th, 2015, 11:27 am 
King

Seph is currently working with me in Dawnstar, but eventually, you can move out once you reach the rank of Count, and go to an unclaimed spot of land and star making your own fledgling realm there. I would be very much delighted at the prospect of you working with us.

If I change your name, your LOGIN to the site will change also, so it'll be " Jaeger " , your password will be unchanged.

That being said, i'd like to get the ball rolling, having a bit of a reference from someone already on makes things easier. You have my Duke vote, and also by the powers of proxy voting, the Royal Vote of Perth.