All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Searanna's Application
PostPosted: September 12th, 2015, 12:01 am 
Settler

Salutations!

Introduction: My name is Searanna(people call me Yamz or Koko)(my MC char is named kokoromori696) I heard about this server from some of the staff on the creative server I am a co-owner of. I love minecraft and all the versatility it offers. I really look forward to trying a new adventure and this sounds like lots of fun. I have never been that great about describing
myself. I'm pretty much a straight forward person that gets along with everyone. I avoid stressful social drama, I find it pointless. I love anything that involves using your imagination or creativity. I used to play D&D a lot and I loved the role play aspect of it.

Goals: I'd like to work my way up to owning my own land. I have always enjoyed farming and raising animals on minecraft as well as building.

Family Tree:

Maternal Grandmother: Mara Paternal GrandMother: Nezzie
Maternal Grandfather: Ranec Paternal Grandfather: Talut

Mother Latie Father: Frebec
Aunt: Seara

Siblings: (in order of birth) Brother: Durc
Brother: Johorram
Self: Searanna
Sister: Bectie

Familial Lore: Talut and Nezzie were both adventurers and met while exploring the new world. One day while tracking a bison to store away for the winter season, Nezzie suddenly saw that another hunter had become trapped in the stampede she had created and had been gored by a young bull. She pulled him to safety and nursed him back to health. Thankfully, her mother had been a great healer for her people and she was able to save his life. They fell in love and stayed in the valley to raise a family. They only had one child. Nezzie died while in child birth and Talut was left to raise the boy on his own.

Mara and Ranec were keepers in the library of Astora before the fire destroyed it. They had barely escaped with their lives. They had managed to save a single artifact from the old world but decided to let the world believe it had been destroyed so it would not fall into
the hands of their enemies. The rune they had saved according to ancient history had been a gift from the goddess Freya to the people who had honored her above all else. They secretly left the city believing that the fire in the library wasn't an accident and settled into the lowlands. With the influence of the rune they had rescued to aid them, they became established farmers.

They had 2 children, twin girls, Latie and Seara. They were extremely close as twins often are. They were both gifted
with the ability to grow the best yield in their crops and the fittest of animals. Latie and Seara both met Frebec on the same day. Seara developed quite the crush on Frebec but he had eyes only for Latie.
One day Seara overheard Frebec formally ask her father for her sister's hand in marriage and was heart broken. Seara came running out of the barn in tears as Latie was opening the door. Seara ran past her. Latie yelled, "Sear! what happened" but her sister quickly ran to her horse and took off at a fast gallop. Her family spent the rest of the night searching for Seara when she didn't return for dinner.
She was found the next day by the creek where the horse had thrown her. She had fallen and hit her head on the rocky creek bed.
Latie felt a piece of her heart die with the loss of her sister.

Latie married Frebec a month later with a smile on her face and tears in her heart. She felt guilty after the birth of her first two children. Her guilt was because of her disappointment that they were boys.
She was ecstatic to discover the third child was a girl and quickly named her Searanna in memory of her lost sister. She thought herself too old after Searanna was born to have anymore children and was surprised to deliver yet another little girl 5 years later. When Searanna was 12 years old her parents were down by the river
gathering some much needed herbs and plants for the winter season when a flash flood carried them away. They were found holding each other when the flood waters subsided. Searanna's oldest brother Durc took on the responsibility of raising his siblings. All together the four of them continued to protect the rune and to keep the farm functioning as well as it always had.

One day an adventurer came to their farm seeking meal and a room for a few days. Searanna was 17 at the time and was astounded and intrigued by the tales he told of adventure in the new world. After the adventurer moved on Searanna could think of nothing but traveling and seeing the world, meeting new people and new civilizations. Her brother Durc could tell she meant to actually leave one day to be an adventurer and began to teach her advanced forms of self defense, trapping and surviving off of the land. On the night of her 19th birthday her family gathered around the table and presented her with her gifts. her brother Johorram gave her her very own tinder box with a flint and steel. Bectie gave her a tent and sleeping furs that she had made herself. She was quite proud of them. Durc took her outside and presented her with her own horse fully fitted with a traveling saddle and saddlebags. She just stared in disbelief, it was actually going to come true! She felt like the luckiest girl in the world to have such a selfless family. Her little sister
was crying that night as they prepared for bed. She didn't want her sister to go. Searanna had to promise to come back in 5 years and to take Bectie with her if she still wanted to go. As soon as she thought her family to all be asleep she slipped out of the house with her pack and grabbed the reins to her horse. She heard Durc's voice come out of the darkness near the house. "I know you hate goodbyes and I expected you to leave like this little sister" He chuckled and smiled at her. "You just take care of yourself and never forget your family" He took the buckskin jacket their mother had made him off and put it over her shoulders. "We'll always be here for you" he stepped back into the house and just stood on the other side of the door until he heard the hoof beats fade into the distance.

She kept her promise and did return in 5 years for her sister's 18th birthday. They were all overjoyed to see her and she had missed them very much. Bectie had chosen to stay and to marry her childhood friend Tamun. He adored her and it showed everytime he looked at her. Searanna stayed for the wedding then set out again to find a new adventure. This time she decided it was time to settle somewhere and start her own life.

Sorry for it being so long but the story kind of wrote itself as I went. I hope that you decide I will be a good fit with your community.^^

Attachments:
File comment: another house I made
house.jpg
house.jpg [ 247.69 KiB | Viewed 79592 times ]
File comment: My Inn
Inn1.jpg
Inn1.jpg [ 204.09 KiB | Viewed 79592 times ]
File comment: the interior of my Inn
Inn2.jpg
Inn2.jpg [ 231.23 KiB | Viewed 79592 times ]
PostPosted: September 12th, 2015, 11:20 am 
King

Welcome to Hermertia! :D

A sad tale it it that your family has been beset by so many events of ill fortune, but a glimmer of hope for you at the end with being allowed to fulfil your dreams as an adventurer. It seems that your skills are up to the test and more than capable of dealing with things that the world has to offer.
We have our own share of threats, monsters, food scarcity, extreme weather climates, here in Hermertia, but we also have civilisation, warm hearths and rich culture amongst the vast landscapes that make up our home.

I know that we can give you what you need here, just as your siblings gave you everything you needed upon your journey's outset, so too will we furnish you with our generosity and kindness upon your arrival.

(lore off)
That being said, welcome! Are you another of Celestine's friends? I cant quite remember what she said last night. What's your favourite type of Biome to build in and what is your usual style of build?

PostPosted: September 12th, 2015, 12:58 pm 
Settler

Thank you for the warm welcome. I like mountainous or jungle biomes or plains like near a river. I don't really know how to put a label to my builds as far as a style..lol I've built all kinds of houses. Mostly victorian or plantation types.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2015, 4:58 pm 
King

That is a style unto itself, I might come and see your designs when you get on. We need more big fancy styles like that!
Theres vast amounts of space available so im sure you could have those biomes if you wished.

Are you another of celestine's friends ?

PostPosted: September 12th, 2015, 6:28 pm 
Settler

yes. Celestine is the one who brought me here.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2015, 7:38 pm 
King

Greetings from Pyrencia, I hope you didn't have much trouble reaching our shores!

Hermertia is a wonderful place to settle down and start a new life, with a wide variety of places to live and people to meet.

(ALSO - She was my friend first) {lol} [-DOOM]

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: September 12th, 2015, 8:15 pm 
Settler

i like your lore, also i do love your builds a lot yamzy, i hope you get in, as i do think you will ^_^ -art#2, lel

PostPosted: September 14th, 2015, 7:39 pm 
King

I would like to cast my vote for this application

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: September 14th, 2015, 11:44 pm 
King

You have my vote also, as a Duke, and also via proxy the Royal Vote of Perth.

PostPosted: September 15th, 2015, 4:25 am 
Duke

my vote as well, since I know you will be good for the server ;)

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu