All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: September 6th, 2015, 3:25 am 
King

While yes, the ruler of my kingdom does change fairly often, My successors are bound by honor and the pyrencian way of life to treat people fairly and justly. Our people grow and live in a community of mutual effort and understanding, leading to a people that are welcoming and friendly. It has perhaps grown from neccessity, as my people have been nearly exterminated on several occasions by the nefarios Danaan Empire, which we destroyed shortly before becoming a kingdom here. (It wasnt a real event on the server, just a lore story). Becuase of this, and the fact that we are already confronted with our own mortality much quicker then other races, have led to a culture that does not change policy lightly, as our culture changes faster then others becuase of our life span.
Also, I have the Council of Ordermasters directly underneath me that can somewhat prevent the king from just going crazy and doing dumb things. I hope this has laid your concern to rest,

Carthi va'nothe!

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

Last edited by King Erastil on September 6th, 2015, 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2015, 4:33 am 
King

When the decision was made to bid farewell to Ertia and seek out a new adventure and a new land for my people, several regions were examined; in the end, we chose one that fulfilled three criteria that still hold true:

1. It was still reasonably close to the activity of the Empire. Though our map does indeed give off the impression that Wysteria is in the middle of nowhere, our nether lines (of which the Wysterian connection was constructed with great skill by Biakko) allow citizens of Wysteria to travel to our Imperial Hub in short order. In fact, Wysteria is actually closer to a number of neighboring realms and trading partnersm than my homelands in Ertia, that realm (as beautiful as it is) a bit far-flung in the north-east.

2. There is a truly vast amount and also a vast variety of lands in the region. As Wysterian values center largely around the pursuit of perspective, the chance to work in so many different environments was a great factor in my decision; I also hoped that any future newcomers wishing to join Wysteria would almost always find a great piece of land to make their own. A personal favorite is the savanna plateaux such as the one Gallen is being built upon: a commanding hill with a wide, flat top for building works great for me! And yet, a short distance away, Wysterians find icy plains and dense forests.

3. I'm closer to some new neighbors! A goal of mine is in forming stronger relations with my south-easterly neighbors; the gentlemen of Casadia, Kaine, and the GRHH are great to know! In addition, I'm still not far from Ertia, which allows me to retain strong ties with that nation.

Overall, it is the simple desire to forge a new destiny for my peoples. The lands that would become Wysteria beckoned, and I'm glad for the location I chose :)

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: September 6th, 2015, 4:35 am 
Duke

Casadia is indeed one of the empire's leaders in the creation of enchanted tools and armor. During the Battle of Nomad Island, Casadia outfitted nearly an entire army with enchanted weapons and armor. In addition, the Casadian tool repository in the Imperial City is overflowing with top quality enchanted tools, so much so that Casadians have been regularly distributing them free of charge.

In terms of the size of Casadian territory, it is largely by choice. I did not want to claim more land than I had use for, so I have kept my claim relatively small. Casadians also pride themselves on their overworld infrastructure. There is a road stretching from Secara to Avatarita that is one of the longest in the empire. Constructing such infrastructure over vast swathes of territory would be quite taxing on even the richest realm's resources. Regarding restrictions to expansion, there are very few. Casadia can easily expand its territory to the south, east, and even to the west. Should Casadia need to claim more territory to accommodate the ambitions of a new vassal, it could be done quite easily. The map here should give you an idea of exactly of how much territory is available for expansion in the area (Casadian territory in yellow, unclaimed territory in tan, and Casadia's neighbors in magenta, blue, and gray).

Last edited by Arcel on September 7th, 2015, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2015, 7:09 am 
Duke

ShadowIsles wrote:
To Celestine I ask a question of space. I notice that the Kingdom of Ertia borders your lands (if I'm reading the map right lol), does this mean your lands are limited in space still available? I saw that another recently joined you as well, but I'd hate to impede on another land if there is not room.
-----

As our world is huge and I have quite a large chunk, though it seems I don't, and none of it has been built in, expansion shouldn't be a problem any time soon and if it is I'm sure there can be something we can figure out. For now I don't think it will be any time within at least a year irl time that this kingdom will be completed. So we wouldn't be impede on anyone's lands :) Any other questions?

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: September 6th, 2015, 7:25 am 
King

Also there isnt a server texture pack, use whatever you want

-The Hydra
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: September 6th, 2015, 3:38 pm 
Duke

Welcome to Hermertia ShadowIsles, I've heard of your struggles and wish to offer you sanction in Kaine, a growing Grande Duchy which needs expansive minds and able bodies. Here I can offer you a place of safety and creativity. I have large swathes of lands which need filling and many different biomes which need a helping hand.
You can see it here:
It is the group of islands in the south east that are coloured purple.
Here are a few examples of buildings in Kaine.

That is Eaftham one of the most beautiful ports in all of Kaine built by my most trusted Count Asamu!

And that was my first project in our new world the almost impenetrable military fort of Skragg.

Those are the only paintings I have at this moment but hopefully you get a good idea of what I have to offer.
I am a leige of a large Grand Duchy (hopefully soon to be Kingdom) and I have been playing on Hermertia for almost 3 years now. I was around as the old world crumbled and here for the dark ages of the new world. I am an experienced builder, though I do get distracted ;)
My people have an industry built off of shipping and we have a large armada of warships in a huge amount of ports! I promise you should you choose me as your liege I'll be nothing but giving, helpful, and a huge jokester. I wish you the best no matter your choice and I can't wait to see you at some point in your journey, good luck!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: September 6th, 2015, 7:46 pm 
Settler

Wow guys your replies were above and beyond what I expected! I thought the questions would make choosing a bit easier but instead it got way harder o_o'
Gimpy your builds are really nice btw, I like the style you used.

Well you all have given me much more to think about. Barring there are no more posts I'll let you know my decision sometime tomorrow (its a holiday so I don't know an exact time).

PostPosted: September 6th, 2015, 7:51 pm 
Duke

Cant wait to hear ^^ Have a good day and don't feel rushed to choose

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: September 6th, 2015, 8:06 pm 
King

im sorry.... lol

-The Hydra
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: September 6th, 2015, 8:08 pm 
King

Looking forward to your decision sir, and best of luck!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next