All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: September 1st, 2015, 2:59 am 
King

Well sir you have my vote, you are off to a great start! Here are some pics, although I wish I had a pic of the walls of Bris.

http://puu.sh/jd5fr/c7ccab4e9d.jpg

http://puu.sh/jDcJZ/d737108d66.jpg

PostPosted: September 1st, 2015, 6:36 am 
King

does seph have all the votes he needs? i think he needs one more duke vote but im not sure

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: September 1st, 2015, 6:54 am 
King

Yep, he currently needs one more duke to vote in favor of his application. Paging the House!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: September 1st, 2015, 4:51 pm 
King

And with a last Ducal vote, congratulations on achieving your required votes! Now that prospective lieges may begin to extend offers, I would like to throw my name into the hat and extend you an invitation to the lands of Wysteria.

After over 150 years – two years in real life – of history as part of the Kingdom of Ertia, I and a group of adventurers set off in search of our own lands. The result is Wysteria, a great land in the making. Accompanied by my stalwart vassal Count Merry, and joined by the excellent Biakko O’Kleefe, we have taken great strides and would love for you to join us!

With the goal of one day becoming a powerful realm, fast progress is being made. Great progress is being made on the under-construction capital city of Gallen, the up-and-coming seat of the government and economic hub of the realm; meanwhile, the plains are home to Biakko's fast expanding town of Chester-le-Ford and, farther off, Merry's burgeoning county. The land itself is suited to a multifaceted realm, with nearby biomes including plateaux, deserts, beaches, plains, savannah, swampland, and, last but not least, large expanses of ice plains and wintry taiga. With Merry, Biakko, and myself nearby, Wysteria offers both close support and vast stretches of unexplored land to make your own. It is a land where anyone can pursue their goals and have a hand in the beginnings of a new history.

If you’re interested, I’ve included a few pictures of Wysteria and its environs:

A map of the lands of Hermertia, with Wysteria’s location circled. Both a good ways off from neighbors and close to the center of the East, Wysteria’s location allows for unimpeded expansion while remaining in the thick of international business; we maintain strong ties with Ertia (not far to the north of us) and are a mere 10-minute travel via the fully complete Nether Lines to the Imperial Isle and Mount Empire, the future Capital City of the Empire.

A shot of Gallen’s dock’s : complete with two cranes, market stalls, and ore processing, the city is well on track to becoming a trading hub. Special facilities have also been created to host fishing derbies in the future – these are spur-of-the-moment contests we have to see who can fish the best loot in a short period of time, and they are a blast! Also seen are the walls of Gallen; the city sports a commanding view, perched on top of a plateau.

A map of Wysteria made using Amidst, a Minecraft mapping program. This shows off the variety of our lands: in a small region, newcomers have access to locations in many different biomes. (Gallen is located in the grey area in the bay). As you can see, we have lots of plains, ice plains, wintry taiga, jungles, and lots more variety of lands nearby.

The Merchant's Guild Main Hall in the foreground. The deep black of the polished andesite used in its construction contrasts with the gleaming white that makes up the walls of the rest of the buildings in Gallen's Commercial District. This is an example of one type of Wysterian architecture: lots of spruce and polished stone. And with two other vassals in the area, there are lots of opportunities to learn from our individual styles. A shot of the Wysterian Nether Line, a product of Biakko's hard work, shows off some of her style:

If you’re interested, don’t hesitate to shoot me a pm with questions or post them here! Good luck in choosing!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: September 1st, 2015, 5:26 pm 
Duke

FANTASTIC!! I suggest you give it a day or two for everyone to offer! In the mean time go ahead and poke around the forums and feel free to ask any of the offerers or anyone else questions either on here or through our pm system (its the "send mp" button. we messed up.) because we are more than willing to help! ^^ WELCOME TO HERMERTIA FOR REAL!!!~

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: September 1st, 2015, 5:30 pm 
Settler

This is so exciting! Thank you all for your votes and being so welcoming, I haven't even accepted and offer from a liege and I already feel at home. :D I look forward to all of these offers, although Duke Nicholas' offer is quite compelling!

PostPosted: September 1st, 2015, 5:56 pm 
Duke

Haha Just a suggestion to wait. I'm sure you'll get more soon. There is really no bad liege to go with either so dont worry about that. Just choose who seems to fit your needs the best. If you want you can ask other people on the forums about potential lieges. :)

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: September 1st, 2015, 7:51 pm 
Duke

Welcome to Hermertia Kris, I've heard of your struggles and wish to offer you sanction in Kaine, a growing Grande Duchy which needs expansive minds and able bodies. Here I can offer you a place of safety and creativity. I have large swathes of lands which need filling and many different biomes which need a helping hand.
You can see it here:
It is the group of islands in the south east that are coloured purple.
Here are a few examples of buildings in Kaine.

That is Eaftham one of the most beautiful ports in all of Kaine built by my most trusted Count Asamu!

And that was my first project in our new world the almost impenetrable military fort of Skragg.

Those are the only paintings I have at this moment but hopefully you get a good idea of what I have to offer.
I am a leige of a large Grand Duchy (hopefully soon to be Kingdom) and I have been playing on Hermertia for almost 3 years now. I was around as the old world crumbled and here for the dark ages of the new world. I am an experienced builder, though I do get distracted ;) I promise you should you choose me as your liege I'll be nothing but giving, helpful, and a huge jokester. I wish you the best no matter your choice and I can't wait to see you at some point in your journey, good luck!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2015, 12:48 am 
King

I would like to offer you a permanent home in the Kingdom of Pyrencia. We are the newest kingdom, forged by many hands out of the wilds of the south of hermertia. Still driven by the furnace of expansion, we have a strong sense of community and are very fond of working on builds in groups. While you would have a good deal of autonomy under me, rest assured i would only be right around the corner should you require assistance, and i am always very active in helping my vassals out.

My people, the pyrencians, are a short lived people. Most of our kind can only live to be about 30-40. While deeply religious, the majority of our race believes the parasitic virus that causes us to be short lived (dont worry it can be passed on, but is incredibly complicated so its not actually contagious) is actually becuase our blood is mixed with that of the gods. In fact, when the virus/blood is removed, we become virtually identical to humans or elves, depending on the family line. (over several generations of course, genetic mutations dont just go away). And while our religion is important to us, one of its teachings is that our gods are ours, and there are others out there for other races and cultures, meaning we are very acceptant of other religions, just that conversion doesn't work out that great for us.
A long time ago, my people lived in virtual isolation on the Isle of Shadows, but we were attacked by the Danaan, which caused the first IgnisBlade to lead the remnants of our society to the old world, where we fell into relative isolation again, until the Unraveling occured. We journeyed to the new world, arriving shortly after a good deal of the Mercurian empire's people did, and then decided to truly join the empire. Eventually, we rose to kingdom hood itself.

An old(ish) map of my first duchy

Second duchy (also old-ish)

This is the only copy of my third duchy i can find >.< and you can only see the bottom point of my fourth duchy (ignore the seven)

While I do not have currently updated maps, i do have several areas ripe and ready for expansion, covering most types of biome (pretty much everything except desert, mesa or mega taiga)

http://imgur.com/a/kteNa
That is Damor, a town built by my previous vassal Celestine

http://imgur.com/a/githT
An album of Edhevrand before it was finished, missing the housing, castle and the city walls. Though there is a shot of one of my first characters on the server, IgnisBlade

As always, best of luck in selecting a liege-lord. Make sure you take the time to find a liege that suits you, but i hope to see you on the server soon. Carthi va'nothe!

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2015, 12:52 am 
King

Ave, newcomer!

I have been keeping an eye on your application, and it gladdens me heart to see a fellow snow lover arising from the applicants to make himself known. I would like to extend to you the chance to become a Serf of Dawnstar, the newest realm to come into existence in the Empire.
A fledgling Realm within the center of the Empire, you have the chance to become a huge part of history by joining me.

Plain map:

Here is a map of the biomes, for perusal.

I have a lot of awesome stuff to create, and with so much untouched land, we have a golden opportunity ahead of us!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next