All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Kris' Application
PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 9:14 pm 
Settler

I spent over an hour in Google Docs so here it goes

Hello all! I’m SuperUmbreon1, or as my rp name will be, Kris. Before I get into my character’s lore, religion, etc. I’ll be talking about myself. Although I don’t really feel like giving out my exact age right now, I could possibly be one of the younger people on this server/forum. I’m from the eastern US, and I have a large interest in history, flags, maps, languages, Civ 5, and some other stuff that really would serve no purpose being here. I saw the post on /r/minecraft about the server, and I found the lore and maps very interesting and found the nether transportation system an interesting and unique idea which I hadn’t seen before.

As I’m going off of the FAQ and the “Welcome Applicants!” posts as a guideline, I would probably want to either be an explorer or a historian. I’ve looked into some of the lore, and I simply find it amazing how the server started out so small on the Mercury Isle, and now it’s expanded out to an entire new continent.

When it comes to skills, here is the odd part. Redstone; I’m not the best at, farming I think is the best of the three I’m at in what’s mentioned in the FAQ, and building I would guess to say I do well. On another server which I will leave unnamed because I don’t know the stance on mentioning other server’s here, I have a creative plot wherein I have built tons of things, most of which being my own design. I even created a backstory for this plot, which I will link at the end of this application as a reference. I also was on subreddits such as /r/worldpowers, /r/globalpowers, and /r/inverselandpowers where you owned a nation and would make decisions for it. The last of the three involved the most lore-making, most of which focused on a religion with followers known as the Teqari. I will also post a link to that at the end of my application. You can find a few things in /r/worldpowers and /r/globalpowers if you search my username “SuperUmbreon1” but /r/inverselandpowers has moved and many of the past posts have been deleted.

Now time for some lore! Kris is an 18 y/o human from an isolated island, which had only just recently been mapped. The people there are similar to those of the Empire, but the people of this island, Ibra, spoke a different language known as Ibran. Kris is from the southern area of Ibra, where most people of the little island live. The people of the south speak a bit differently from those who live in the north. The south being more developed with villages, the largest one being Zibralta. The north is mostly populated by farmers. Kris was born in one of the better ages of Ibra, food was plentiful and there was little conflict. Suddenly, strange men speaking another language visited the island. Luckily, Kris’ family communicated with the men, and told them of the island’s people. When that happened, Kris was 8 years old. He and his family continued living on the island for years. The people on Ibra followed a local religion, but most people weren’t invested in the religion. Some of the men who came and mapped the island stayed and learned the language. The men translated books describing religions such as Creeperism, Mystical Reflectivism, and other religions. Many people lost the local religion in favor of a new one, but some such as Kris’ family kept their old religion. Ten years after the people of Ibra first made contact with the people of the Empire, and Kris is 18. His family requested that he go to the empire, and create a settlement in order to keep the Ibran language alive along with the religion.

Feel free to ask me any questions!

History of the Teqari

History of my Creative Plot

Pitures of my Creative Plot

Sorry for any formatting issues, as I'm used to reddit's formatting with (word)[url] :)

Last edited by Kris on August 29th, 2015, 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Kris' Application
PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 9:15 pm 
Duke

*cough*paragraphs*cough*

GREETINGS! I am Duchess Celestine!
Good start! Nicholas will soon be by no doubt with a wall of text for you. Good luck and nice to meet you! ^^

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

Last edited by Celestine on August 29th, 2015, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 9:17 pm 
Settler

Celestine wrote:
*cough*paragraphs*cough*

Yeah, sorry. I don't exactly know how to format paragraphs on this site :?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it separated.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 9:19 pm 
Duke

Haha its ok. Just press enter and space a few times. Gotta do it the old-fashioned way ;P

EDIT: Much better! :D

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 9:52 pm 
Duke

Welcome! Glad you have found your way here today I have no questions yet but I will think of some.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 9:58 pm 
Settler

I also wanted to add, for anyone wondering, yes, Ibran is a language which I created. I actually have a Google Doc with a ton of words, pronunciations, and grammar rules :P

PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 10:05 pm 
King

Thats awesome. I am working on a similar type of thing for my own language(s) but it has been slow progress. I am impressed by your lore though. keep at it.

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 11:30 pm 
King

Greetings! I've been out, but am now back; here comes the wall o' text! I'm glad you've found your way to our applications section; I'm Duke Nicholas, your Minister for Applications and Settlement and /u/Captain_Mayday.

To start with, I must say I'm really impressed with your start here: one of the best things an applicant can do to get a great reaction is, guess what, familiarize themselves with our lore and history and have a stab at creating some of their own. With that in mine, I'm loving your lore her so far; the tale of a newcomer arriving at the gates of the Empire from a far-off land is an old one, but each variation has it's own unique spin that makes us eager to learn more.

I'll also mention my interest in your description of your religion. Wit so many facets of our ore to focus on, our religions don't always get the most love; and so I'm intrigued to learn of a new one. Your goal - to create a settlement in which to preserve and introduce to the community your unique culture and lore - is one well-known to us; you would no doubt find many a liege, myself included, eager to learn more about you and your people.

Though we have recently emerged from a Dark Age where a number of our oldest historical documents were lost to time, some of our faithful scribes have compiled a history of much of the Old World (from our founding in 2010 to 2013): viewtopic.php?f=9&t=193

You might like to check out some of our highlights as a community here: http://imgur.com/a/vGyJP#0 ; it shows off arguably our greatest strength in our great group of players.

If you have any other questions about our history, please do ask: many of us have been around for yonks and can provide some historical context.

Finally, I would appreciate it if you could provide some answers to a couple questions I typically ask of new applicants:

-Are you particular to building in certain biomes?
-If you ran into conflict where you and another player wanted to build in the same location, how would you resolve the issue?

And, extra finally, I would like to extend you my vote good sir! While subsequent votes will no doubt be slower in coming as teh community continues to ask and receive answers to questions, I myself feel comfortable to vote for you based on the great work you've done so far. I've created a ducal bill here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=240 , which, if you've followed our description of the application process, can with a majority of ducal assent lower the required kingly votes from 4 to 3.

I'll leave these thoughts with you good sir! Over the next bit you should see some more of the community respond to your application; many will no doubt have questions of their own. Again, I'll refer you to our discussion of the application process (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=58) for the run-down of what you can expect next. While you're waiting, I absolutely encourage you to take a look around the forums at the many different aspects of life in Hermertia, and to shoot me a pm or reply here with any questions you might have.

Until then, I'll leave off with an introduction to the Imperial motto since time immemorial:

For Glory!

P.S Would Kris happen to be a swordsman? wink wink nudge nudge

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 11:38 pm 
Settler

Nicholas wrote:
-Are you particular to building in certain biomes?
-If you ran into conflict where you and another player wanted to build in the same location, how would you resolve the issue?

When it comes to biomes, I do better when there aren't as many trees and such when building. I usually prefer a flatter place, but hills are actually something I also kinda like about building. I also like when there are rivers and lakes nearby. I also kind of like snow.

Also, if another player and I wanted to build in the same place, I'd try and find a way where we could possibly split the area, or better yet contact someone of a higher rank than us to help settle the dispute as a neutral third party.

Nicholas wrote:
P.S Would Kris happen to be a swordsman? wink wink nudge nudge

That wasn't my original idea with the name, but I see what you did there ;)

Last edited by Kris on August 31st, 2015, 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 11:44 pm 
King

Oh, one last thing; would you like to change your forum name to Kris, sir? Bear in mind that your username is your forum name and changes with it.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next