All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 7:26 pm 
Count

Well, first off, I heard about the server on /r/Minecraft and it looked amazing. Active community(had 3 people pm me the application details XD), lore/rpg, and the build style has me in an infatuated state for the time being.

Once, and if, I'm accepted into Hermertia I hope to be able to make the empire a better place for the people! Personally, building isn't quite my style. Perhaps I'll work under a liege and learn the art of building or I might even set off and become a traveling merchant, who knows?

I love to farm and hoard stuff... it's in my nature. If somebody asks/needs anything, I'm always there to help. I also tend to dabble a bit in the art of redstoning. I may not be the best but I can set up doors and simple farms. I can't yet provide pictures since I'm on mobile but once I get off my butt and get to the computer I will.

I am from Zwölfzehn. My ship crashed on the east coast and I happened to stumble across the the Mercurian Empire... I am a 22 year old caucasian male. I have no family to name. All I know is the name Squire. I used to be a farmer in my old lands but I left due to political reasons. Religion is of utmost important to me.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 7:38 pm 
King

Greetings! I'm glad you've found your way to our applications section; I'm Duke Nicholas, your Minister for Applications and Settlement and /u/Captain_Mayday.

As a matter of course, to start out I'll point you in the direction of our FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=192. If you haven't seen it already, it offers a good introduction to the basic principles and traditions of the Mercurian Empire. You may also want to check out our Applicant Introduction, where I go in-depth on the application process: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=58.

Now, on to your application!

I'll start off by letting you know that great skills in building are not a requirement in Hermertia; I for one started out with little skill in the area and, while I have made some progress, still have much to learn. Our community is our greatest strength, and members are always willing to ride across the nether to help out a newcomer or an old friend with a new building. Commitment and teh willingness to "make eh empire a better place" go much farther than architectural skill.

Personally, I always love hearing of newcomers who wish to perhaps become merchants; I myself am Guildmaster of the Merchant's Guild, an organization that keeps tabs on the availability of goods in the Empire (we still commonly use a barter system) and focuses on the proliferation of trade. For me, our burgeoning economy is one of the best parts of Hermertia.

To learn some more about our expansive lore and history, I'll link you to a few spots:

Though we have recently emerged from a Dark Age where a number of our oldest historical documents were lost to time, some of our faithful scribes have compiled a history of much of the Old World (from our founding in 2010 to 2013): viewtopic.php?f=9&t=193

You might like to check out some of our highlights as a community here: http://imgur.com/a/vGyJP#0 ; it shows off arguably our greatest strength in our great group of players.

If you have any questions about our history, please do ask: many of us have been around for yonks and can provide some historical context.

Finally, I would appreciate it if you could provide some answers to a few questions I typically ask of new applicants:

-Are you particular to building in certain biomes?
-If you ran into conflict where you and another player wanted to build in the same location, how would you resolve the issue?

I'll leave these thoughts with you good sir! Over the next bit you should see some more of the community respond to your application; many will no doubt have questions of their own. Again, I'll refer you to our discussion of the application process (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=58) for the run-down of what you can expect next. While you're waiting, I absolutely encourage you to take a look around the forums at the many different aspects of life in Hermertia, and to shoot me a pm or reply here with any questions you might have.

Until then, I'll leave off with an introduction to the Imperial motto since time immemorial:

For Glory!

P.S Would you like your forum name changed to Squire, good sir?

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 7:46 pm 
Duke

Welcome to the server, glad you found your way here! We are always looking for new friends! Now I have a few questions for you, what sort of experience do you have with multi-player servers?
What timezone are you from?
And lastly, whats your favourite colour? :b
Thanks!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 7:52 pm 
Duke

Fantastic start, sir! Glad to see another self proclaimed hoarder :D I am Duchess Celestine, or just Cel for short. BUT YOU SHALL ADDRESS ME BY MY TITLE, MORTAL ...... Jk you can call me whatever I dont care :3

I hope your application process goes well and remember to check daily for new updates on your app. Some others will be by soon with welcomes or questions! ^^ Have a good day!!

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 8:02 pm 
So jealous of your fresh start . . . :roll:
Good luck! (and don't follow my example)

PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 8:06 pm 
Count

Okay, so, what kind of races are there? I just somewhat assumed everybody was human. If there are other races, am I allowed to change before I get accepted?

-I have no preference to a particular biome but I would see how others have built in the biome(i.e. style and the like).
-If another player wanted to build in the same spot as me, I would usually just drop my claims to the land. The fighting/arguing would not be worth the hassle.
-Well, the server I currently play on is whitelisted. I haven't really been on much because I've been burnt out of regular, survival MC. It's been up for 2+ years with great people coming and going but you eventually get tired of umm... vanilla MC?
-My timezone is Central Standard Time, so it's currently 2:03 p.m. here.
-I really like blue. Oh, and red. Maybe a bit of black, purple, and green mixed in. I'm an all colors type of guy. Not orange though. Ew.

Give me an hour or so and I'll try to upload pictures of some of my creations. Also, I can see if I can change my name to Squire... if not, and you have the power to, go right ahead. And I hope you have a good day as well, Whatever I Don't Care. Kind of a weird name though...

PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 8:11 pm 
Duke

We've got a ton of races actually though all are humanoid. I'll see if I have a list somewhere...

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 8:34 pm 
King

While we have a number of races, some are much more common than others, and may have faded into antiquity since the early days. A good but probably not fully complete list that I've dashed up:

Mercurians: Our "humans". They look like you'd expect them to. They were the ones who founded Mercury Isle, the beginnings of the Mercurian Commonwealth and eventually the Empire.

Ertians: Much the same as Mercurians, they are descended from a peoples who lived far to the north of any maps in Old Hermertia. They look much the same as Mercurians, but have a bluish tinge to their skin, still passed down genetically from their ancestors having lived in close proximity to massive deposits of lapis lazuli. Mostly seen in Ertia.

Dwarves: An old, old race that has stayed underground since antiquity and is very rarely heard of, much less seen. The occasional member of the species is seen, and the greatest influence their kind had on our history was probably the Duros Commonwealth of the Old World.

Elves: A most ancient of species, they founded a great Empire on Hermertia long before Mercurians. They created many accomplishments of beauty and religion, but their disregard for the intellectual curiosity of humans and their experimentation led to their eventual downfall. They are occasionally seen, and three species are confirmed to exist: land elves, water elves, and snow elves. They were closely connected with the old Kingdom of West Dermurgia in the Old World, and our noble Guildmaster Syrah was our first notable snow elf.

Orcs: An old elvish experiment designed to create a labor class created this species. They are best known for waging one of the Empire's most destructive wars against the Imperial Forces in Old Hermertia. The Chaos Orc Popret as finally defeated and founded a new home for his kind; they have yet to be spotted in the New World.

Pyrencians: The people of King Varahein, the Pyrencians are a people small in stature, with a greyish complexion. They found their way to the new world and worked hard to built a Kingdom for their kind perhaps their most famous trait is their short lifespans: Pyrencians live a full life in around 30-40 of our years.

Unless I am missing one, these are the races that have had the greatest influence on our history and lore. New races, or new ideas for old ones, are from time to time proposed by applicants; many of these, as you can read in our guidelines, can be incompatible with our history and general feel; past examples have included talking animals and living trees. But fell free to share your ideas sir, because our application process is all about massaging new ideas into our collective story.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 8:40 pm 
Count

There's also the kairatite, although I don't feel I have he knowledge to accurately describe them.

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: August 29th, 2015, 8:55 pm 
King

well, pyrencians are alight anyways. while on the shortish side as well, we arent particularly shorter then humans or elves, at least not to the extent of a dwarf type race

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next