All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: September 4th, 2015, 1:42 am 
Yeah, I'm like Michael Scott from The Office, right?

I don't think you fully comprehend what it's like to have an entire website full of people against you. It's infuriating because I can't take y'all seriously a lot of times because your just showing off for each other and banding together and being a fucking hivemind (e.g., I honestly don't know if the other applicants in this thread are sucking dick or expressing their true opinions). At least Nicholas wanted me to have a chance. He sent me a PM (granted not today but on the 1st) saying he really thought I deserved a chance. Y'all should really have a designated "devil's advocate" because it would really help anyone in the future who has a bad application not feel like slamming their head against a wall. Just one extra voice who really tries hard to see the good things in your application . . .

PostPosted: September 4th, 2015, 1:52 am 
Gimpy, regarding pity:

The pity thing was a natural path for my first app, as I was a "persecuted author." Then I killed myself and got a new soul - that was also pity but I was proud of that story. It was also just sort of a humble way of approaching Hermertia, like Biakko did in her app.

Now, as for the IRL stuff, that I have mental issues, see therapist, cry a lot, etc., well, obviously I shouldn't have opened up that much - because as has been said you are just an mc server and you CLEARLY don't have the know-how to deal with that kind of stuff....but any server I was going to spend years on I would definitely want the people to know me to that level...my intention wasn't to pity you into letting me in though.

I almost wanted to share more just now, about the cause of my psychosis and stuff - it was actually caused by a bacteria - just because that would show that my problem is from nurture not nature, so my will doesn't take as much responsibility for it, blah, whatevs I said it...

I too pity the time I've wasted. Hopefully I learned from this thouh, and maybe you too if you take my advice about the devil advocate

PostPosted: September 4th, 2015, 1:59 am 
King

I really did want you to have a chance, but this lat exchange here really does show that you are indeed, figuratively, slamming your head into a wall.

I really want to stress that this isn't so much a fault of yourself as a person but simply an incompatibility between your application and the community. We have tried, but a great many still find it impossible to reconcile your thoughts as portrayed here with our community's goals and general atmosphere. I can't nor do I have any desire to speak for anyone else, so I'll have to leave it there. I am sorry for how things seem to have turned out, and I wish you the best.

If you ever want to talk sometime, do let me know.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: September 4th, 2015, 2:02 am 
Duke

Could we just ban this guy from this site? It's evident that he's either a troll, a seriously disturbed person, or both. Continuing with him, and leaving this thread open (i'm suggesting we close it), is just wasting our time.

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: September 4th, 2015, 2:04 am 
King

I don't feel there's any real point in that; we all have the right to talk on the forums, and this discussion, while it may be regarded as distasteful, is legitimate and ongoing. That's my opinion anyways.

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: September 4th, 2015, 2:21 am 
Albus wrote:
Could we just ban this guy from this site? It's evident that he's either a troll, a seriously disturbed person, or both. Continuing with him, and leaving this thread open (i'm suggesting we close it), is just wasting our time.

WTF are you serious? Like, as innapropriate as all the things I've said, arent you being pretty fucking innapropriate yourself??

"seriously disturbed".....wuuut. I mean if you actually believed I was seriously disturbed would you say that, because what if I killed myself? (o wait sorry theres the pity again. but i am of course talking about a hypothetical "seriously disturbed" character who doesnt actualy exist.)

PostPosted: September 4th, 2015, 2:31 am 
King

You know, I legitimately want to help you out; I really do. But I'm sorry to say that's just proving impossible withing the constraints of our community; we're by and large a group of minecraft players who gathered to create a lore in our server and aren't geared to respond to your thoughts in the manner befitting them.

A a stranger talking through the internet, I really feel for you; at the same time, I understand that teh community finds it very hard to proceed with your application.

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: September 4th, 2015, 2:33 am 
Duke

We listened Snoutmol, I was ready should this app prove that you weren't who you seemed to be in your first app a child who likes disagreements and isn't willing to listen to those who try to help him, to vote and help you. Be different sure but in a situation where "different" hurts and scares literally everyone else maybe that different isn't so good.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: September 4th, 2015, 3:08 am 
Settler

So I've debated about replying to your post, but in light of your last post (in reply to Albus) I feel I must. Like all posts on the internet you can take these words how you will, as I have no way to convey the tone behind them other than telling you I am concerned for you.

While I honestly believe you came to this community with hopes of finding a new group of people to play a fun game with and hopefully become friends, things have turned out poorly. Whether you are or are not disabled in some way is not our business unless you choose to put it upon others to decide. If you are having troubles in school I recommend reaching out to your advisors/councilors about what is going on in your life. Perhaps you have a teacher or professor that you are close with and could talk to. Please don't bottle your feelings purely into the online world as we don't have a way to really help with what you may be dealing with. Most people in this kind of community either don't have the experience to help/interact with you, or they do and don't want to be reminded of what they themselves are going through. We are simply gamers here and nothing more. You mention wanting to be open with people that you could spend years with hanging out somewhere in here as well. While I do agree with you about being open, that is a process that happens with time, and in this case was too quick for others to grow accustomed to.

I hope you understand that I truly do wish the best for you in this world. If you are having any forms of suicidal thoughts please reach out to someone that can help you directly in your life. I found the site for the suicide hotline in the North Carolina region here:Hotline List. I hope things get better for you wherever you go from here.

Best Wishes,
-Shadow

PostPosted: September 4th, 2015, 5:18 pm 
King

Snoutmol, I truly hope that you realize the mistakes that you made in your application. In the future, an employer would tolerate 99.99999% less of the words you wrote than we did. So, if you hope to be a productive member of society, change your attitude and your tactics.

I feel as though this application is no longer an attempt to become a citizen on our server, but a personal attack on us as a friendly community. As such, I will be deactivating Snoutmol's account. If anyone takes issue with this, please let me know.

of River's End

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next