All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

King's Votes
Bring Serf Snoutmol into the world! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tacos are tasty! (You don't even have to be a king to vote for this option) 100%  100%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 15
PostPosted: August 20th, 2015, 3:42 am 
Duke

Side note relating to Pm'ing. The button actually says "send mp" We have yet to find out how that happened.

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: August 20th, 2015, 4:00 am 
King

You're right, it does. Not sure why....

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 20th, 2015, 3:58 pm 
Settler

I shall echo Nicholas' sentiment, this current thread really doesn't serve to advance your application any further. Making a new application thread with the new lore you have written is the best step as currently anyone trying to catch up on this application is just going to have to trawl through your first unsuccessful one.

Realistically could you get in? - probably with enough quality discussion
How long will it take? - given the near unanimous disapproval of your first attempt it's probs gonna take 2-3 weeks of discussion and lore before any votes start to come in (this is just my estimate)

PostPosted: August 20th, 2015, 5:15 pm 
Count

^^^This is assuming you take a radically different approach, that is. I'm not sure switching from rape fantasy to suicidal guilt trip is the answer.

I find the new lore interesting, but you still appear to heavily mix your personal experience and your character's experience. Additionally, in several places, your lore hints that you see this community as a bunch of bullies.

This victim attitude is a barrage to a collaborative, healthy discussion. The way I perceive your new lore, it basically means "You meanies make me sad and now I want to die because of you, but if you start being nice then we're good."

To bring the interview analogy back, you don't go to an employer and tell them "Hey, last week you didn't want to give me a job, but I'm a changed man now. So please hire me or I might go kill myself."

You don't tell people that you changed. You show them, through your words and actions. Show us that we're wrong, demonstrate that you're a great fit by taking responsibility and stop playing the victim card.

I think if there's a chance for you to get accepted, you will need to do this as well as perseverance.

Sincerely good luck with your new application if you choose to do so.

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: August 21st, 2015, 2:55 am 
This is an apology:

Just wanted to express a few thoughts to anyone who still is reading this thread.

I really did not know what Hermertia was when I started applying. Coming from the other server, CraftyMynes, I thought my writing skills would be wanted, even needed, in Hermertia, to enrich it. That was silly because all of you can write. This is a lore server. I should've known . . . I underestimated everything and everyone. Y'all really don't need me, nor one, weird erotic book and a promise for more. You're fine, amazing actually, without me. I'm embarrassed, rereading my posts.

But I still almost want to be . . . argumentative. Like, I want to point out that I didn't exactly BRING UP the rape in the app, that it was in a link where you had to scroll down and read. But there's absolutely no point in nitpicking all the little things like this. Although I disagree with, and could counter, some of the things that have been said, it would be a waste of everyone's time. I can see that I truly did something to offend you all, and that all the debatable little points you've brought up are, no matter what, reflections of that. I am truly sorry for that offensiveness - my voice, stubbornness, attitude, outlook, everything.

You all never would have spoken to me unkindly if I hadn't done so first. I can see that by looking over other peoples' apps.

I will reapply in a different thread. I'm posting to this thread, against guidance, one last time, because I'm not ready to write my new application, and because this message is relevant only to the people who have read my old, dead-end thread.

My new thread will be completely disconnected from my old thread (you won't need to read this thread to read the other). It will be a completely new app. In it, I will separate lore and IRL (I learned that this isn't a standard set by lesser minds, but a standard set by people who want clarity and don't want to hyper-analyze everything posted), and also, maybe more importantly, I will not mention any overly personal information that could make people uncomfortable.

I'm not sure what I should do for my new app. My lore will probably involve souls, which I've already written about. I considered maybe having two souls in one body that argue, because then I could make some interesting dialogues, but I don't know. I'm open for suggestions regarding soul lore.

Please look forward to seeing my app within a week. I promise, I HAVE changed, and you will see it. So I can get on the server faster, I beseech you to lower your consideration and judgement of my first embarrassing, fiasco of an application.

PostPosted: August 21st, 2015, 3:08 am 
King

I'm looking forward to seeing your new application, good sir.

In regards to lore concerning souls, it's never really been a topic of discussion before. I would say to write down what you think up, and leave it open for community feedback; unless it's anything really crazy, there shouldn't be too much of an issue. We can discus it more once we see your thoughts on it.

Seeya soon :)

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 21st, 2015, 4:03 am 
Count

I'd like to mention that your character can, if you wish, arrive in Hermertia with other people (non player characters) as part of your lore in order to facilitate writing about interactions and dialogue. It's an idea I haven't seen put in practice much so far.

I look forward to reading your application

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: August 21st, 2015, 4:14 am 
King

Biakko brings up an element of our lore that, while not super common, has important precedents in our lore. King Arjen III, for example, is descended from a long line that lead the Ertian people to the lands of Old Hermertia.

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 21st, 2015, 8:43 am 
Duke

My lore is similar to that as well. I lead my people here.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 21st, 2015, 9:10 am 
King

Also mine

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next