All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 10:34 pm 
King

My most sincere apologies on my delayed response. I've been away on a camping trip in northern Wisconsin and didn't have the greatest cell service to be able to view all the wonderful applications that have been coming through!

My name is King Arjen III, of the Kingdom of Ertia. I see that you know the most esteemed Mrs. O'Kleefe! An excellent reference, and proof that you will be a great addition to the Empire. I know that she takes up residence in Wysteria, but I'd love to make you an offer regardless! Ertia is but a hop, skip, and a jump away from Wysteria (probably the closest of all the other developed lands), and you'd be able to see her whenever you should like! :D So, with that being said, I'll make my pitch:

Ertia is a realm privileged to have had a great deal of interesting history in the many years that it has been around. I came to the Empire back in the days before the new world was even a twinkle in our greatest explorer's eyes. My ancestor, Chief Arjen I, came from humble beginnings in a grand Empire far to the north of any currently charted lands. After making his plea to the Council of the Crowned, he settled and founded the nation of New Ertia, which would later become known as merely the Kingdom of Ertia. Seen below is the map outlining the current land borders of the Kingdom.

The highlighted blue and green areas are settled and established duchies. The rest, however, is land ripe for settling. I must say, from the pictures you've posted, you have an incredible knack for building great architecture. Ertians pride themselves on grand builds and great cities, as you can see in some of the pictures below.

The newly founded city of Amora. A co-build with my ally Count Atryl of DorEryn.
The walls and entrance to the city of Florae, capital of my Kingdom.
The city of Three Rivers, located in western Ertia.

As you can see, Ertia is a land with many impressive cities, and if you should decide to settle here, I can see us working together to perhaps develop an even closer relationship with Wysteria! Should you prove yourself to be a hard and loyal worker, I can guarantee you a great deal of autonomy within the Kingdom (just ask Duke Nick :) He pretty much ran the eastern part of Ertia in his time with me!).

For Glory!

King Arjen III

of River's End

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 10:44 pm 
Duke

*A pale rider with purple tattoos rides suddenly upon you and hops off* "Your name is Horatio is it not? Wonderful take this, send your reply to Kaine, Kati Thanort, Gimpy III." *He says this all in one smooth motion and hands you a letter while he hops back onto his horse*

"Welcome to Hermertia Horatio, I've heard of your struggles and wish to offer you sanction in Kaine, a growing Grande Duchy which needs expansive minds and able bodies. Here I can offer you a place of safety and creativity. I have large swathes of lands which need filling and many different biomes which need a helping hand.
You can see it here:
It is the group of islands in the south east that are coloured purple.
Here are a few examples of buildings in Kaine.

That is Eaftham one of the most beautiful ports in all of Kaine built by my most trusted Count Asamu!

And that was my first project in our new world the almost impenetrable military fort of Skragg.

Those are the only paintings I have at this moment but hopefully you get a good idea of what I have to offer. I wish you the best no matter your choice and I can't wait to see you at some point in your journey, good luck!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 11:54 pm 
King

I just thought I'd share a few additional and up-to-date shots of Wysteria, now that I've had the benfit of a bit of time in which to take them when I got home from some volunteer work today.

A shot of the portal destination for the under-construction capital of Gallen: the middle of the docks. One of our two shipping cranes is featured as the hilltop walls of Gallen are in display. The region is a savannah plateau, with many of the flat-topped hills making perfect sites for great builds with a commanding view..

Image A wider shot of the docks, showing off the second crane, currently gearing up for use in transporting a lumber shipment to a top-of-the-line merchant vessel built with the generous aid of the shipwrights of the Ilmenite Coast. The goods warehouse and market stalls are also featured; the region is already a hotbed of commerce for the area.

A shot of the nether line linking Gallen and Wysteria to the main southern line; stretching just over 2000 blocks, this able accomplishment of engineering was made possible by the talents of Biakko, who from day one oversaw with great energy the construction of the line (i.e built it herself in two weeks, cause she's awesome :) )

Just a bit more of a look at Wysteria!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 14th, 2015, 3:41 am 
Settler

Thank you, all, for the numerous offers that were sent my way. It definitely has given me a good idea of what each area is like so far - much to consider, before making my final selection, and I do appreciate it. :)

Oh, and Nicholas? I was amused by the addition of the images from the nether line build - given that I had the priviledge of watching it being built ^.^ I know exactly how much effort she put into it (and couldn't agree more that she's awesome :)

<3 you, Mrs. O'Kleefe!

Cartographer / Explorer / User of Big Words

PostPosted: August 14th, 2015, 3:45 am 
Count

Flattery will bring you nowhere.

But keep it coming.

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: August 14th, 2015, 3:47 am 
King

Biakko has mentioned you often play together, aha. Wishing you the best of fortunes, wherever you may chose to call home good sir!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 14th, 2015, 4:24 am 
King

Recent construction on Castle Draenic, in case you were curious as to what is currently going on in Pyrencia
http://puu.sh/jAkfc/004b6c5041.jpg
http://puu.sh/jAkpd/778dc5672d.jpg

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: August 14th, 2015, 11:55 pm 
Settler

Horatio's eyes glazed as he stared down at the all the dispatches he had received from various nobility and locations, both near and far. So many possibilities now lay ahead of him, and he carefully bundled them up, not wanting to forget any of them. "I fear, my friend, that my stay here is almost at an end... But for my last correspondances, and a very generous offer of a drink with your king, I shall be taking my leave of you."

The innkeeper smiled, "Well, I trus' that you will find yourself again in these parts some day. If'n so, do stop in."

"I can think of nothing that will please me more. Just let me finish my replies and I'll come help you, presently." The cartographer sat at his favorite table, and picked up a fresh quill. To most of the nobility, his reply was a brief thank you with the hope that he will some day visit their lands; into one, howerer, the wordsmith crafted his future:

To King Arjen III,
I most graciously accept your offer, and pledge my services and myself to you and the Kingdom of Ertia. Your lands intrigue me, your Majesty, and something calls me to them. From what you have described, I feel they are what I seek in Hermetia, and I look forward to uncovering what mysteries your kingdom possesses.

My quills and my mind are yours to direct, and I look forward to serving you well into the years to come. Please direct me where I should announce myself and I shall venture there immediately.
Yours,
Horatio Vulkani

----------

I'm looking forward to seeing/meeting all of you in-game as I prepare for my journey to Ertia and other parts. :) Thanks for this opportunity!

Cartographer / Explorer / User of Big Words

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 12:01 am 
Duke

Fantastic choice!!!! Arjen is pretty awesome. :D
WELCOME TO HERMERTIA. Arjy should be by soon to PM you the IP then help you out when you get on!!

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 12:20 am 
King

Difficult to choose with so many excellent choices. Arjen is one hell of a liege though. Top quality sort of guy. May you have many, many adventures together.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next