All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 24th, 2018, 10:44 am 
Settler

Aethemora, thank you for your vote.
I have read through the FAQ and I like how comprehensive it is, and how organised these forums are. It speaks to an organised server.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2018, 10:54 am 
Settler

Today I reach the edges of the Mercurian Empire. It’a been a hard journey and not without peril. My supplies are running low and I’ll need to rest soon, however I must first cross the border into the Empire.

I have my papers ready. The Elders saw to that. As far as anyone here knows I’m Clarion Voss, a simple farmer from a small land a few days travel to the South West of The Kingdom of Pyrencia.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2018, 4:13 pm 
King

If you like, i can change your forum name to be "Clarion Voss". It'll change your login name to that, password will remain unchanged. Let me know if you want that! Also ill send you a link to discord so you can join in the chat!

PostPosted: June 24th, 2018, 4:28 pm 
Settler

Talja-Sameria II wrote:
If you like, i can change your forum name to be "Clarion Voss". It'll change your login name to that, password will remain unchanged. Let me know if you want that! Also ill send you a link to discord so you can join in the chat!

I might have misunderstood a little when you asked about my 'in lore' name.
Squelch is my character name in Minecraft. Should that be my lore name?
I've read on the forums that characters eventualy die, so I assumed that Squelch wouldn't be my lore name, but then how do you tie up characters in game to what they post here under a different name?

I apologise if I've missed something obvious here. My plan was to use Squelch in game to build out Clarions story, leaving signs, books and other traces in game to tell the story.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2018, 7:29 pm 
Count

We can edit character's names in Minecraft as well. Characters die whenever we want (or within a reasonable time frame for their species), and we then get a new name in-game and in the forums. Some people do dynasties, some people make completely new characters.

My actual username is Delanium, so I made the name 'Delaena' for my town and for my character's surname. My character right now is Sunny, and when she dies I plan for her daughter Willow to take over, so my name will change to Willow Delaena in the forums and in-game.

Sam is always something with Sam in it. When I joined he was Samyrrah, and now he's Sameria. But if you'd like Squelch to be your starting character and then change to Clarion Voss later, you can do that. It's totally up to you, you just need some admin permission to change in-game names and such.

Does that answer your questions?

PostPosted: June 24th, 2018, 9:40 pm 
King

You have a lore character that you "play" as in the server, and you can choose to respond as that character in certain posts where its suitable on the forums, depending on the thread of course (ill respond in character for posts pertaining to the lore).

Whichever name you want to go with, Squelch or Clarion Voss, your name will be the same on the server in game and on the website here.

Does that make sense or need it described more? :)

PostPosted: June 24th, 2018, 11:26 pm 
Settler

Thank you both Sunny and Talja for clearing that up. It makes sense now :-)

I think I'll go with Clarion Voss so that rather than build his story retrospectively with another character (Squelch), I can build it as it goes with Clarion himself.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2018, 11:38 pm 
Count

Sounds like a good plan. Looking forward to meet you in voice and/or Ingame

PostPosted: June 24th, 2018, 11:49 pm 
Settler

Likewise Dujek. I'm looking forward to getting in, meeting you folks and making a start.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2018, 8:00 am 
King

I'll check this thread later today, should be able to get you online later, once you get the votes, you can accept an offer to be a vassal from any lieges that would like to have you in their lands!