All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Squelch's Application
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2018, 5:46 pm 
Settler

I always knew there was something odd about my village. To anyone passing by it seemed like a nice little community set between a swamp to the west and the coastline to the east. Travellers would stay at the inn for a night or two before continuing merrily about their journey.

No one suspected what was really going on there. No one knew.

For most of my life there were places in the village that were closed off to anyone but the elders. Once a month they would hold a council of the Elders to discuss secret affairs. It had been like that since I was a child, over 30 years ago.

Travellers didn't notice the other strange things that happened in the village. They didn't see the large amounts of wheat that would be taken into one of the sealed 'empty' houses every week. They didn't hear the strange zombie noises from under the village that only happened when there were no travellers staying.

One day, it all changed.
The Elders summoned me.
They told me what they'd spent the last 30 years looking for, and they showed me what they'd been doing in that time.

The Elders had come to the end of their search. They'd spent 30 years travelling the land, collecting clues and piecing together the puzzle.
After 30 years they'd finally done it, only it didn't give them what they thought it would. After all that time, they deciphered the following message:

Quote:
If you have come this far, then upon you we shall behest
the true location of this sacred quest.
To attain plains of glory higher
take your search to the Mercurian Empire.

After 30 years of searching and growing old, none of the elders had the spirit remaining to begin anew, so they summoned me to continue their work in a new land.

Last edited by Clarion Voss on June 23rd, 2018, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2018, 5:52 pm 
Settler

[rl]
I'm looking for a server where everyone is working towards creating a fantastic, themed world that will last for years to come. I found you on r/mcservers and hopefully we're a good match.

I like to build in survival, mainly small villages, roads/paths through the wilderness, ruins, towers, secret underground trials etc.
My goal in Hermertia would be to build out the continuation of the story told above, starting with a small settlement within an existing region, and spreading out further afield.

Here is a small village I built previously on a survival server:

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2018, 6:58 pm 
Count

Hey there!

I don't have very much power other than telling you that that village looks fantastic, and you seem to be a good fit for the server. Be sure to look through the lore on the forums, and through the pictures on the regions section. We have tons of different styles in different kingdoms. The kings/queens and dukes/duchesses should get to you soon with any questions for you. :)

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2018, 9:18 pm 
Duke

Awesome application, looks good so far. Just a few questions, you mentioned that you built that on an old survival server, how many servers have you been a part of and what did you enjoy most about them? Any favourite biomes? hopefully you have read up on the server and such any interesting looking places you've seen so far? Answer these and you'll be off to a good start!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2018, 9:29 pm 
Count

Welcome Welcome! Great application. Really like the look of the village. The story line is really promising as well. Looking forward to read about the development and find out what he seeks here in the Mercurian Empire.

Btw. 2:1 for Germany! Great Evening so far!

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2018, 10:30 pm 
Settler

I've tried maybe 3 or 4 servers over the years.
All but one of them have been a bit of a mess. They've had no building theme, no focus, and before long I inevitably see large flat cobblestone structures in the sky, so I've not stayed past that.
The last server I was on was much more organised, had a consistent medieval & fantasy theme throughout and was quite enjoyable, however the server owner was quite strict with what he thought fit the style and what didn't, and having a large area of stuff I'd done just regen'd without any warning, discussion or appeal really put me off investing any more time on that server.

With regards to favourite biome... I like plains or taiga for an initial settlement, but I really enjoy exploring some of the more interesting terrains looking for that perfect spot to put a tower, or ruins or other structure. Either way, I like to build with the terrain rather than just flatten it out.

I love the map that is in the first post in the Maps sub forum. I'm excited about getting to look around it for real (hopefully) and decide where I'd like the story to start. I've been reading up on all sorts, but there's a lot of good stuff here and it'll take a while to digest it all.

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2018, 11:36 pm 
King

Welcome traveller, to the Mercurian Empire!

Your application is extremely promising and I liked everything that I saw.

Your image was most excellent, I like the way you've put you together. Fits very much with how we do things here.

You'll have creative freedom as long as its reasonably medieval or fantasty-esque, just not modern style stuff and its good!

Looking forward to seeing you online, you've got your first Royal Vote!

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2018, 11:57 pm 
Settler

I thank you for your vote Talja-Sameria II.
I will of course keep any builds in theme with the rest of the server. Stumbling across an out of theme build can really ruin the experience of the server.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2018, 5:20 am 
King

yeah ill bet!

whats your in lore name?

PostPosted: June 24th, 2018, 7:44 am 
Duke

Welcome. Your application looks interesting so far. Along with looking at the maps have you checked out our faq? I think that your play style will match fine with ours. Looking forward to more responses. You have my vote.

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu